• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tech24

HP rifle shooter
    Dec 15, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    Wow!! This looks to be a really cool place. I spend some time in sharpsburg so will really have to check this out.
    Up to a 1000 yd range!!!

its huge and pretty nice. The 1000 yd range is supposed to have electronic targets setup this year. I hope so because there is no pits so competition is out until then I suspect. Well at least f-class and palma type shooting.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    I note that the 1000 yd range is for members only. Seems the public range only goes out to 300 yds. The Long Range shooting training class looks very interesting though.

tech24

HP rifle shooter
    Dec 15, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    I note that the 1000 yd range is for members only. Seems the public range only goes out to 300 yds. The Long Range shooting training class looks very interesting though.

I think if a member goes with you, you can use it. Gotta fill out a paper with ballistic, elevation drop info though.

hasteranger

Jan 14, 2012
    West Virginia
    Thats the one that is out my friends road. He said there is some serious money behind it and they are gonna be doing all kinds of stuff out there.

Anyone know the best place around as far as prices go on Saiga shotguns? I found a place out in morgantown that seems like $100 lower than everywhere around here (its $570 out there for the 12 gauge brand new).

mji

Sep 26, 2011
    i went out to sleepy creek to shoot in the early fali and the range was closed, i walked around a little... the sign says trap only and all of the dirt back stops were gone. ran into a squirrel hunter and he told me some people had shot the benches and roof to hell twice that year so they closed it. so sad i learned to shoot at that range, and its not often you find a decent range with free public access and goes out to 200 yards. i guess you just dont know what you have til its gone. i would actually drive from here in hoco to there to shoot. i will agree though that you would have "cowboys" as my dad used to put it that would show up with a hi point and start blasting everything... shooting from the hip shooting other peoples targets all manner of dumb stuff. also in all the years i shot there i only saw the dnr that takes care of the land once and the number wasnt posted to contact them if you did see someone being unsafe or destructive. again just sad... also i miss navy arms

pfrazier

Nov 10, 2010
    Columbia
    A friend of mine (John) runs a gun business in Gerrardstown, not far from Martinsburg. I sometimes work gun shows for him. His is by appointment but he has a lot of knowledge and contacts in the business. (He has forgotten more than I will ever know). Here is his website to contact him. http://www.wvmountainman.com Shop around and find someone you like.

dajudge

Feb 22, 2011
    western md.
    In regards to Hendershots being high, I know everyone has the right to charge what they want for merchandise. But that is when I use my own "Bill of Rights" The one that gives me the "right to buy where I want"!

hasteranger

Jan 14, 2012
    West Virginia
    i went out to sleepy creek to shoot in the early fali and the range was closed, i walked around a little...

Thats what I heard, its a real shame, thats where I used to go shoot too. Sleepy creek was cool because you could go up and camp for a day or two, bring the guns and the canoe, go out on the lake, shoot some at the range, it is like its own little destination. Now there is one less thing on the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom