• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bcr229

FFL/SOT
    Jul 15, 2011
    Inwood, WV
    1391 Allensville Rd
    Hedgesville, WV 25427

It's open Fri-Sat-Sun to the public. From what I understand getting a membership means off-hours access if you schedule in advance and based on RO availability, as well as lower hourly rates.

RT 9 west from I-81 to Hedgesville Square. Turn right at light onto Route 901.

Turn right onto Allensville road at landfill sign.

Go about 1.5 miles to sign for range. Turn left up steep gravel road, and go all the way back into the woods.

Last edited:

hasteranger

Jan 14, 2012
    West Virginia
    I live in Charles Town. As far as I know, Sparks is and has been closed for several years and is currently for lease and will be until the end of time.

Shep's is where I've always went because I used to live down the road from them in Martinsburg. Their selection isn't usually that great and for a while he was keeping really weird hours. But he is nice.

Honestly, Martinsburg, as you will soon find out, is pretty ghetto.

When you talk about Sleepy Creek, are you talking about the public range in the WMA? I used to shoot there but my friend lives near there and said it has been closed for some time. I did go up there and the gate to the range was closed and it had a sign that said closed. He said they closed it due to misuse, people shooting after dark, littering and not cleaning up, and people being unsafe.

There is a HUGE shooting complex that just opened out in Glengary though. I'm not sure if its open to the public. Its on my friends road and he complains about the traffic. He said this place has a lot of federal contracts with the FBI and they are also hosting some big shooting tournament there. I didn't catch the name, it could very well be one of the places you guys heard was opening.

Glockcop is run by a former cop, if I recall correctly, and they specifically cater to law enforcement and, I've heard, are dicks.

I don't have much experience with anywhere else. 340 defense I've heard of, is not far from me so maybe I should check them out. Never even heard of PDI.

I shoot these old russian guns so I end up getting most of my ammo mail order surplus. I'm looking at getting a Saiga 12g though and I'd really like to see one, so maybe I should start plying the local dealers to see who carries them.

gunrunner

New MK12 Mod 0 Fan
    Dec 20, 2008
    Clear Spring, MD.

My brother and I went in to scout it out one day while working in Inwood. One guy is one of those outspoken navy seals from the 70's. That continually spouts off about covert missions and stuff he's done.( yeah, I didn't know they existed either until I met this guy.) everybody else in there was a LE or ex-military and if your not they won't even look up at you to speak. Also, every one of them is carrying huge 68 oz. custom 1911's with race rigs, multiple speed loads on a belt rig and dots and lights and lasers. Sporting bullet proof vests and these are counter people I'm talking about, not range officers or whatever. I swear they all reached for there weapons when we walked in the door. Very, very uncomfortable place to try and shop. I won't be back.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    i'll have to go in there with my DC fitted hat, wearing all black baggy clothes while OCing my 1911... i want to see the reaction and ******* cop stares lol

ThePirate

May 26, 2010
    Ringgold area
    Hendershots in Hancock is nice little store. It has been a few years since I've been in there but they were always friendly and helpful. Congrats on moving to WV.

Hindershots is moving to Hagerstown round about March in what was the old Honda Motorcycle Dealership on the dual highway.

gunrunner

New MK12 Mod 0 Fan
    Dec 20, 2008
    Clear Spring, MD.
    Next time you're down that way call over to Mike at EFI and drool on some machine guns instead. Just don't bring pizza. :D

Much like Bean, Marlin over at PDI and I are pretty good friends so handling bad ass weaponry is not a problem. @ Bean- Let me know when your going to do that I would go back in just to see that. I was wearing my Glock instructors cap and that made no difference in there demeanor.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Glen Gary is peacemakernational.com. private but a rifle and pistol range open to public for daily fee. And they have various training open to public.

340defense.com is private but also has hourly fee memberships. 15, 50, 100 and 400 ranges and some steel. They rent and sell and allow class 3 and 50bmg, tannerite and the like.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    Hey,

I'll be moving from Baltimore city to Martinsburg in the new year and one of the first things I'll want to do is get setup with a gun shop and some ranges.

Can you all shoot me some info? Having a 200 yd range would be great. Thanks.

Hey congrates...Feel free to come back and visit sometime. Just don't forget to unload, put it in the trunk before coming across the MD line.

tech24

HP rifle shooter
    Dec 15, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    def check out peacemaker I am a member there and its a great facility with nice people. Some things are still in the works because its new. Not sure what the fee is for public use. Its spensive to join but well worth it if you use the facility frequently or are in to competition. Check out the website:
    https://peacemakernational.com/

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    def check out peacemaker I am a member there and its a great facility with nice people. Some things are still in the works because its new. Not sure what the fee is for public use. Its spensive to join but well worth it if you use the facility frequently or are in to competition. Check out the website:
    https://peacemakernational.com/

Wow!! This looks to be a really cool place. I spend some time in sharpsburg so will really have to check this out.
    Up to a 1000 yd range!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom