• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Get yourself a hot plate, frying pan, pound of bacon. Or two pounds. Problem solved. Hmmmm, tasty bacon. Seriously, when I was at UNC back in the stone ages, my roommate and I did most of our cooking ourselves in our dorm room, with a two-burner hot plate and a toaster oven. (Microwaves cost $600 in those days.) We did, however, have a full-sized fridge.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    wait wait wait... you can afford to eat meat in college? you are able to eat something besides ramen?

sounds pretty decent. I spent 2 years on the meal plan at school, and the meat and non meat options were pretty equal as far as dietary quality (taste and health...)

Are they trying to throw "meat alternatives" in your face, or are they going to feed you good food that happens to not have meat in it? I prefer to eat at least 2 different types of animal at a time, but I have gone days without eating any and still eating something good and worthwhile and not lacking all vitamins and minerals required by the human body. Just be glad you get better eats than rice and beans with carrots and cabbage as your balanced diet... that actually sounds real good right now.... love me some cabbage

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Out of curiosity, what reason do they give for "meatless Monday"? Frankly it reminds me a bit of the school lunches in QA County when I grew up there. Fridays in Lent were meatless, despite the fact that Catholics probably weren't a huge part of the population. Nobody ever complained that I recall.

bohman

May 20, 2012
    St. Mary's
    You have Saint James Deli, Cooks, and the Saint Inigoes Store within 5 minutes of the college. :innocent0

All good options - if you have a car. I went to SMC, I didn't have a car until my junior year. The only way I ever got off campus was a trip to Cooks, and then only after paying a healthy "beer tax" to whoever drove us there to stock up for the weekend. Once in a blue moon someone would make a late night trip to Perkins, that was considered a special treat! :sad20:

I'm genuinely surprised at you guys. You're generally opposed to meddling assholes taking away choices and imposing PC BS on us, but's it's cool if the vegan crowd makes it impossible for the OP to get meat on a Monday? If they are successful at this, I give it two years, tops, until they try to take meat off the menu the other 6 days of the week, too. You guys know that routine already don't you? Give them an inch, and suddenly you're applying for a HQL.

The OP's time would be far better spent drumming up support for his cause on campus vs. MDS, but still. Let's at least provide some moral support to someone while they work to convince the holier-than-thou crowd that they can't decide what he eats.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Out of curiosity, what reason do they give for "meatless Monday"? Frankly it reminds me a bit of the school lunches in QA County when I grew up there. Fridays in Lent were meatless, despite the fact that Catholics probably weren't a huge part of the population. Nobody ever complained that I recall.

il_340x270.634627441_est6.jpg

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Get a note from your doctor saying you have a B-12 deficiency and have to eat meat.

Tell the Dean if they refuse to serve foods vital to maintaining your health you'll file an ADA complaint.

Tofu is very high in B-12. Pick something else.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Tofu is very high in B-12. Pick something else.

From everything I read it's almost impossible to get enough B-12 from a vegetable diet but anyway, the OP could just point out that soy is full of phytosterols and doesn't want to grow feminine breasts just because of a bunch of whack jobs.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Ok, I think I've found a religious freedom angle to this...

Since Discordians are required to partake of a hot dog on Fridays, simply create your own offshoot of Discordianism which moves this ritual to Mondays instead.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County

+1

lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    Are the ones that want to take away the right to choose meat on Mondays the same ones that advocate the right to choose when it pertains to abortion?

BTW-If 500 out of a population of 1500 forced the issue, odds are still in your favor.

helmetmike

Sep 30, 2010
    So. MD 29B
    Try bringing a dead possum/opossum to the chow hall on Monday. Gut and skin it on the lawn out front and use a portable grill to cook up the little sucker. Nothin says lovin like grilled possum.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    What!

Damn the school has gone downhill since my days there.

Back then we could use eat at both the grill and Quiznos using your meal plan. No cash required.

Quizos stopped taking meal plans on Friday years back, that was utter bull.

No altnerate dining options other than the hall? School's fallen a long way in a short time, hah.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I'm genuinely surprised at you guys. You're generally opposed to meddling assholes taking away choices and imposing PC BS on us, but's it's cool if the vegan crowd makes it impossible for the OP to get meat on a Monday? If they are successful at this, I give it two years, tops, until they try to take meat off the menu the other 6 days of the week, too. You guys know that routine already don't you? Give them an inch, and suddenly you're applying for a HQL.

The OP's time would be far better spent drumming up support for his cause on campus vs. MDS, but still. Let's at least provide some moral support to someone while they work to convince the holier-than-thou crowd that they can't decide what he eats.

I agree. Tyranny of an aggrieved minority trying to impose their social/ethical values on the rest of us backward folks. Pretty soon pork will be gone 7-days a week because it also offends some. Do wonder if parents helping with tuition or alumni have any influence if they weighed in on this nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom