• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I call mine from the house phone every other day, just to be sure it's still working.....:sad20:

I don't see how some guys got called with 72 hours of sending the app in, I'm sitting at more like 3 weeks now.
    It will be three weeks for me on Wendsday for me too, if they have sent them to the local barracks, I can't see how they can have that much going on unless all thirty thousand residents of Garrett County submitted at the same time.:innocent0

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    I call mine from the house phone every other day, just to be sure it's still working.....:sad20:

I don't see how some guys got called with 72 hours of sending the app in, I'm sitting at more like 3 weeks now.

If they cashed your check. (like me) I would take it as a good sign.

"Ok this guy was honest with all the dirt with have on him, no need to follow up."

Think positive. You are already in the "approved" pile.

drblast33

[This Space for Sale ...]
    It was posted that the * were questions delegate Smigiel thought were inappropriate. My history is as follows:
    March 06 - Printed Application, filled it out
    March 06 - Express registered on http://marylandfingerprinting.com
    March 07 - Visited MDfingerprinting in Glen Bernie (Pics, Livescan prints, Notarized)
    March 07 - Mailed Application, Pics, Livescan Cert, and check. Sent via USPS certified with return receipt
    March 08 - Packet received by Trooper First Class E. Brown
    March 09 - Received USPS Delivery Return Receipt
    March 12 - Check was cashed by MSP
    March 15 - Received Letter saying Maryland CJIS found no Maryland criminal history, and "A Fingerprint supported national criminal history record check has been initiated. The results of that investigation will be sent to the requesting agency only."
    March 29 - Received a call from a MSP requesting a call back to schedule an in-person "5 minute" interview.
    March 30 - Received a call back from the MSP setting up an interview for March 31.
    March 31 - MSP didnt call me
    April 2 - MSP called and setup face to face. Was a positive interview.
    April 2 - MSP called all references.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    Okay, I had my interview, in person, today. :)

I got the call on my cell on Thursday or Friday, to set up a time.

Overall, it was short and sweet, to the point. Why I wanted a permit, do I transport large amounts of cash, do I abuse drugs or alcohol, do I own any firearms? When I said "yes" to firearms, he asked how many, but before I could answer he said "a lot"? and I said "yeah, I guess". He didn't ask for more details. I told him of my collector status, which he seemed to take a lot of interest in. I told him of my Florida permit, which he asked to see and copy, along with my Firearms Training and Hunter Safety card, and handgun training card. He asked my marital status, and asked for a # to contact my wife. He said that once he talked with her, he would wrap this up, and send the paperwork up to Pikesville. He never called my work, nor did he say that he was going to call them. He did mention that they had been swamped since the Wollard verdict. He was hoping, as we are, that going to shall-issue would streamline the form and eliminate the references and interviews.

The interview took 5-10 minutes, and wasn't intrusive as I had thought it would be.

MH

Elliotte

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Loudoun County VA
    So, the officer who called me last week that said he was going to call me on Saturday... did not call me Saturday to setup a face to face meeting. He called this morning and apologized.. He said, he just flat out forgot. I went to see him at Pikesville (I thought all applications were sent to your local barracks, but I guess mine was not).
    Nope, looks to me like apps are being sent to where ever they have free interviewing troopers. I live in Frederick, work in Frederick (10 min drive max from either to the Frederick Barracks), but my app was sent to a trooper at the Westminster Barracks. I asked why he got it and not Frederick and he said, "luck of the draw" and "one county over wasn't considered too far to drive for an interview".

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    Exactly one month for us, today.

Dropped them off, in person, on March 2nd at Pikesville. (Before the court ruling.)

The only thing I can think of is that ours did have "G&S", as business owners. And they're going into a different "pile"?

Got me. It is what it is.
    :shrug:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    He did mention that they had been swamped since the Wollard verdict. He was hoping, as we are, that going to shall-issue would streamline the form and eliminate the references and interviews.

The interview took 5-10 minutes, and wasn't intrusive as I had thought it would be.

MH

This is one of the most positive accounts of interviews I've read so far!

I like when people are candid and seem honest, the trooper you had contact with sounds that way.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    The only thing I can think of is that ours did have "G&S", as business owners. And they're going into a different "pile"?

:shrug:

I was thinking that too, I sent in several pages of bank statements highlighting cash withdraws & deposits.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    A few weeks is nothing. When I got mine a few years ago, I waited over 2 months for a call. The trooper called my wife, all my references and interviewed me within a week. I had my permit about 2 weeks later. Imagine what they are going through with the increase in apps.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    The trooper that interviewed me wasn't real sure of where the whole Wollard issue was at this point. He admitted to basically being a middle man, just processing and passing it on up the line. I thanked him for his effort, especially with the major increase in work load lately. He seemed to appreciate that. I also explained to him my understanding of where the Wollard case was at in the process right now. He thought that the appeal was already in process.

MH

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    Mine was received on the 9th. I don't know if that gives you guys any idea to where you are in line, but maybe. I'm not real sure to the order that they're doing this.

MH

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    The trooper that interviewed me wasn't real sure of where the whole Wollard issue was at this point. He admitted to basically being a middle man, just processing and passing it on up the line. I thanked him for his effort, especially with the major increase in work load lately. He seemed to appreciate that. I also explained to him my understanding of where the Wollard case was at in the process right now. He thought that the appeal was already in process.

MH

Where was your interview conducted?

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    With a temporary STAY in place now I would hope that my interview takes a few months. Mine was last week so now mine can go on the "dis approved" pile a lot sooner if MSP decides to do that. Be happy it takes some time right now unless you do have G&S reasons.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    With a temporary STAY in place now I would hope that my interview takes a few months. Mine was last week so now mine can go on the "dis approved" pile a lot sooner if MSP decides to do that. Be happy it takes some time right now unless you do have G&S reasons.

With that being said, I pose this question:

Does anyone think there is a possibility that the standard "G&S" could possibly be a little less stringent right now? Ive been wondering this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom