• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    It just illustrates the total lack of a real "system" or codified process for permit issuance. The only thing that appears to be consistent is the total lack of it.

What an embarrassment this state is.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    I live in Germantown( eww brander mill ) how do I go about this as well. It's gotten bad the past two years here every weekend.

you don't. you go where they tell you. My investigator in Westminster said that in the past he has had people from the eastern shore to interview. He would usually meet them at the bay bridge.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    you don't. you go where they tell you. My investigator in Westminster said that in the past he has had people from the eastern shore to interview. He would usually meet them at the bay bridge.

If the Troopers ask for meeting place ideas, consider suggesting Valley Forge, Independence Hall or even Ft McHenry if they insist on meeting in Maryland.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    During my interview back in May, the officer asked about carry training/classes and what weapon I would carry.

My response was that since I know I can easily purchase a carry weapon and I know I can easily get the appropriate training, the only unknown is whether I can get a permit. My first step it to solve the only unknown by applying for the permit first. Once approved I would get the appropriate training and gun.

I also told him that I expected to carry a gun rarely, if ever. But if I did decide I had a need, that would be the wrong time to have to apply for a permit.

Rob

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    Met Trooper First Class Farfan at the Rockville Barracks today.

It was what I'd call, a very cordial, friendly, and professional meeting.

- A copy of my driver's license was taken

- He verified the standard questions, and pointed out that I had answered one incorrectly (even when arrested and a complaint is issued, that's not the same as "have you even had a criminal complaint sworn out against you"). Or whatever the form says....

[I assume that if you'd been arrested, which I have under mistaken identity, you must have had a complaint issued (summons), so I answered "yes." The actual answer is "No" in such a situation.]

- I was asked what I'd carry: glock 30 in 9mm or a Berretta in 380ACP

- He told me that his job was not to make a decision, but to pull everything together and send it in for a decision; that his take was to be basically neutral.

- They will be contacting my wife.

- He had contacted my references, but they need to get back to him.

- He appreciated that I was on time... it appears that folks want permits but can't be bothered to show up on time or at all. (That actually dismayed me... you go through all that paperwork and don't leave extremely early to be on time?)

- He did bring up the Maryland course for shooting, whatever that is. I told him that I was a former Federally Licensed armed guard working with Secret Service and a former member of the Military. He mentioned that it was not required at some point.

- Gave him my wife’s business card for him to contact her. (Good luck, sometimes I can't contact her as she on the hill so often.)

- What do you want the permit for ("I have to ask") "Self Defense and all lawful purposes" -> However, my car has been broken into two times, our house has been broken into one time, someone attempted to break into out house setting off the alarm, the surveillance camera on the front yard was stolen on Tuesday, and someone attempt to break into my car on Sunday of the same week.

[He wants ALL of the incidents and case numbers. It seemed to matter to him.]

Otherwise, we shook hands and I left. Drove next door to Founding Farmers and had a great lunch!

Last edited:

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    The G30 is a 45 ACP, not 9mm.

The 9mm is a G17 or a G19 or a G26

So, I know that, BUT I was in Atlantic Guns, far left case, the guy pulled out a compact Glock and the slide said G30 (or Glock 30), it held 10 rounds, and the guy told me was in 9mm.

I didn't handle it because I had no intention of purchasing it... but I accepted the gentileman's word for it that it was 9mm.

I was confused a bit... but didn't really worry about it.

The slide DID say 30 on it... Humph.

I should add that Glocks have never been my thing... I own lots of 45 ACP firearms, and one M9.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    More examples of superior gun store counter guy knowledge. If the slide said G30, it was 45 ACP.

I do own a G30 BTW. I looked carefully. It's a 45.

:sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom