• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Another bright spot:

Jordan Cooper (D.16 delegate candidate) was soundly defeated. This was the guy who ran on an "assault weapons"[sic] confiscation and 2-yr handgun licensing platform.

Thanks, that is more good news. I did not know about those items. When we met in person, I asked about 2A and he ducked the question. He was not a DINO pick

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    Simmons was already out by the fact that he was running for a Senate seat.

And you are correct, if we can't roll Dumais, we need to keep Vallario. While he might not be our "friend" he is at least fair to us. NO, the revote was not Vallario, it was the leadership sitting in the room that called the revote in the back room.

Thanks for that, what I had suspected all along.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    DINO research

All - I want to announce that I came in first on the Republican Primary. I appreciate the support and education I have recieved from so many folks on MD Shooters. I will work hard on the issues that affect us and specifically this topic.

I will be seeking your support over the coming months so we can affect change in District 32. We can take two of the three seats and have the candidates to do that. With two seats going Republican that means Sen DeGrange is weakened.

Your research, analysis and the information posted on here has been awesome. You guys are educating a LOT of people (which is extremely critical). Will you be putting results together on the DINO strategy and its effectiveness? I am fascinated by it and its impact.

Please feel free to contact me at any time.

Tim Walters
    waltersdistrict32@gmail.com
    waltersfor32.com
    Facebook: Citizens for Tim Walters

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

Citizens for Tim Walters
    Treasurer: Brittany Kohler

Research specific to the DINO strategy is updated in the 1st post over here: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=153318

the research effort is ongoing

Last edited:

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    I have begun making my donations to the campaigns I need to support.

I recommend that folks start doing likewise, get the signs out, volunteer where you can, and don't shy away from telling them you're a Dem :D

Being a DINO can be great fun if you are supporting a Republican candidate. If you are out door knocking with the candidate and run into someone who tries to blow you off with "I'm a Democrat," you can proudly pipe up with "I'm a Democrat, too, and I'm supporting Candidate R. Let me tell you why." If they are a moderate and open to reason, you just might show them the light. If they are a true Kool-Aid drinker, you can watch their head explode.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Being a DINO can be great fun if you are supporting a Republican candidate. If you are out door knocking with the candidate and run into someone who tries to blow you off with "I'm a Democrat," you can proudly pipe up with "I'm a Democrat, too, and I'm supporting Candidate R. Let me tell you why." If they are a moderate and open to reason, you just might show them the light. If they are a true Kool-Aid drinker, you can watch their head explode.

Every time I talk about it, this scene runs through my head...

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    I have begun making my donations to the campaigns I need to support.

I recommend that folks start doing likewise, get the signs out, volunteer where you can, and don't shy away from telling them you're a Dem :D

60-ish is the difference between 2d and 3d place, where the top 2 move on.

:thumbsup:

Maybe we should come up with and possibly distribute some talking points for those going out on the campaign trails :) This can be a lot of fun!

Mr H

Banana'd
    Just FYI...

Donated and requested a sign from the Hogan campaign yesterday.

Personal thank you email from a campaign official this morning, and the sign was just delivered.

An "A" for responsiveness.

Same for Larry Barber, though the mail I got was from him personally, and he'll be coming by the house himself with the sign.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Just FYI...

Personal thank you email from a campaign official this morning, and the sign was just delivered.

Same for Larry Barber, though the mail I got was from him personally, and he'll be coming by the house himself with the sign.

Good stuff. I guess it's time to jump on the Hogan bandwagon. :D

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Just FYI...

:thumbsup:

Good stuff. I guess it's time to jump on the Hogan bandwagon. :D

Yep, and Pritzker as well. Not much point in sitting around and feel badly that things did not go 100% our way in the primary. Move on to the next battle :) Keep researching the opposition and find ways to win

Mr H

Banana'd
    I will be putting money I really don't have to spare into every race that applies to me, and having every conversation I can with both candidates and voters.

I will be sending letters to those I oppose.

I will probably end up volunteering for any candidate(s) I can make time for.

I will have a yard full of signs, whether I have room for them or not.

Note, that none of this is anything I have ever done before, and scares the Hell out of me to do it.

But, the alternative is even scarier, so I bite the bullet (and buy fewer of them to fund it) and swallow my anxiety to get this done.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Contribution made to Hogan.

Confirm email, with just the name changed :)

"Thanks, Zeus!
    We're ready to take on politics as usual in Annapolis, and your generous support will go a long way toward ensuring our success in November. Thank you for your contribution to the Hogan-Rutherford campaign."

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Donation sent to Pritzker (for Attorney General). Email confirm from paypal only. Not a good start.

I got no campaign emails from Cardin. Had he worked harder, maybe we would not still be fighting against frosh

Mr H

Banana'd
    Donation sent to Pritzker (for Attorney General). Email confirm from paypal only. Not a good start.

I got no campaign emails from Cardin. Had he worked harder, maybe we would not still be fighting against frosh

Cardin and Gansler never replied to me either... and I'm a DEMOCRAT!!

:D:D

But we are now "after hours" on a Friday. The only information that comes out then are document dumps from the WH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom