• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I absolutely agree and look forward to that session....just don't see it happening with the current makeup of the MGA....something that will take a fair number of election cycles to change....if ever, so long as Maryland's gerrymandering is considered to be some of the worst in the country....the ruling class doesn't give up easily...............

Maybe, maybe not in the next three MGA sessions. And yes the make-up needs to change to have an even better chance, again we agree that will take several more election cycles.

But over those election cycles, if we can keep making little improvements,little victories (no matter what they are, or where they come from) and showing that those things aren't causing bad things to happen, then maybe, just perhaps, we won't ned as many election cycles to get legislation passed.

And in my opinion, the more that MSP gets overturned on both permits and restrictions, the better our argument for a comprehensive rewrite and updating of the wear and carry statute.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Why isn't it realistic? Why can't there be a comprehensive rewrite of the wear and carry statute that gets passed in the next three years? Thinking like the above will defenitely lead to failure, and you sound like LR, and MS when you say it.
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it. I don't want the current GA rewriting the statue. They could rewrite it in such a manner that we become Hawaii or New Jersey as far as carry goes. With the make up of the current GA I'd much prefer an administrative solution. These stupid liberals are becoming more emboldened by the violence and asking for gun control again.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it. I don't want the current GA rewriting the statue. They could rewrite it in such a manner that we become Hawaii or New Jersey as far as carry goes. With the make up of the current GA I'd much prefer an administrative solution. These stupid liberals are becoming more emboldened by the violence and asking for gun control again.

Where is it written that the MGA has to do the re-write?

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Is there a way to follow up on an overturned denial? Are we 100 % sure the MSP are issuing licenses in these cases? Just curious, nothing negative meant.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    OK, has anyone else noticed that the cases coming before the board have been contextually different in nature? And that there could be a pattern to them? And that they could be viewed as MSP Denial trial balloons? With the Board sending messages back to the Licensing Division?

- Prohibited Persons: Thanks for playing. Still no.
    - "Palpable" self defense: OK with paperwork.
    - Armed security (with legal problem): Nope.
    - Armed security (with no legal problem): Nope, but come back with paperwork.
    - Highly Disabled Veteran: OK.
    - Active military (with vague generic threat): OK.

As well as the Board growing by one person and moving farther into the light from behind closed doors.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm seeing pretty good and steady progress over the course of two months.

I don't know what the next batch will be like, but I'd like to see generic G&S with a nonresident out of state permit as proof of good character as a test. I think that "objective proof of good character" may be the place that they're moving toward. Then again, I honestly don't know. I'll have to wait and see, I guess.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    OK, has anyone else noticed that the cases coming before the board have been contextually different in nature? And that there could be a pattern to them? And that they could be viewed as MSP Denial trial balloons? With the Board sending messages back to the Licensing Division?

- Prohibited Persons: Thanks for playing. Still no.
    - "Palpable" self defense: OK with paperwork.
    - Armed security (with legal problem): Nope.
    - Armed security (with no legal problem): Nope, but come back with paperwork.
    - Highly Disabled Veteran: OK.
    - Active military (with vague generic threat): OK.

As well as the Board growing by one person and moving farther into the light from behind closed doors.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm seeing pretty good and steady progress over the course of two months.

I don't know what the next batch will be like, but I'd like to see generic G&S with a nonresident out of state permit as proof of good character as a test. I think that "objective proof of good character" may be the place that they're moving toward. Then again, I honestly don't know. I'll have to wait and see, I guess.

I didnt totally read through so Im not sure which case you're referencing but why would they hassle someone with zero legal trouble and not prohibited that wants an armed security permit? :shrug:
    That seems like it should be a rubber stamp approval.

Medshot

Jul 24, 2013

Our group submission is going to involve exactly that.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I didnt totally read through so Im not sure which case you're referencing but why would they hassle someone with zero legal trouble and not prohibited that wants an armed security permit? :shrug:
    That seems like it should be a rubber stamp approval.
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=3952224&postcount=240
    Hearing - 1/13/2015 - Reason: armed guard for statewide protective services. Juvenile record taken into account. Under 30 and was convicted for 2nd degree assault as a juvenile. Was unaware of juvenile record was admissible for someone under age 30. Worked for Johns Hopkins for 6 years. Applicants pastor is his witness and explains applicant is an orphan and has corrected his path and is striving to earn and promote himself. Board is being very understanding and giving applicant advice as to how to correct his record and reapply. MSP decision upheld

In all fairness, I could have worded that one better. Sorry.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    lol. boy I remember that uproar.

Apparently John Nestor lives on.

Nestor's letter enraged many motorists and led Paul J. Leonard to coin the term 'Nestoring' to describe the practice in another letter to the editor.

Well I have learned a new word "Nestoring". It has a nice ring to it, I wonder where I can use it?:innocent0

devildoc069

Oct 3, 2014
    Great Mills, MD
    Hey guys,

I have been reading your posts about MD CCW. I aslo read the MSP/MD requirement for a CCW, has that been changed or al least relaxed? in your posts about the 5 people who applied, 3/5 got their CCW, but what did the say their reason was? When I lived in Virginia I was active duty and got mine in 30 days, however here it's very different. Please advise. Thanks.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    Hey guys,

I have been reading your posts about MD CCW. I aslo read the MSP/MD requirement for a CCW, has that been changed or al least relaxed? in your posts about the 5 people who applied, 3/5 got their CCW, but what did the say their reason was? When I lived in Virginia I was active duty and got mine in 30 days, however here it's very different. Please advise. Thanks.

Would be interested in learning where you read that MSP/MD had relaxed it's requirements....any links?

In Maryland think 30 months instead of 30 days..lots of jumping through hoops like a dog at the circus and at the end you MIGHT get a restricted permit....

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Hey guys,

Hello and Welcome to MDShooters Devildoc, please take the time to introduce yourself in the introductions section of the forum.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Would be interested in learning where you read that MSP/MD had relaxed it's requirements....any links?

I think he's asking if it's been relaxed, not saying that it has. He says he's read the requirements and is asking if they've been relaxed:

I aslo read the MSP/MD requirement for a CCW, has that been changed or al least relaxed?

It took a couple of rereads to be sure.

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    Based on anyone getting a permit it sounds like it's been lax. Lol

I'm one of the many that doesn't expect much but is hopeful. I really would like to see hogan get a 2nd term so I'm expecting him to tread lightly with gun laws until his 2nd term.
    Hopefully fixing districts and allowing Maryland voters to have a voice in the future vs PG and Mo county carrying the load will help us move forward as a whole. Not just for gun laws.

Bottom line this state is wonderful I love it here but politics alone have caused us to plan on a future move. Before hogan came along we agreed to move when given the chance. Life long Marylander here but hogan came along a few years too late for us now we have our mind set on a move.

Ranger I enjoy the debate/rants/bitch seasons *depending on who's reading it* regardless of my views on the subject. Nonetheless I can't thank you enough for Vietnam. If I ever see a Vietnam hat, I always make a point to thank the person wearing it. If you live near Annapolis let me know and I'll buy you lunch at the restaurant I work at.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Why isn't it realistic? Why can't there be a comprehensive rewrite of the wear and carry statute that gets passed in the next three years? Thinking like the above will defenitely lead to failure, and you sound like LR, and MS when you say it.

I'm all for the comprehensive ground up rewrite of carry law in MD. i've been suggesting it as a tactic for months. the "just change one word" tactic i've witnessed for the last decade hasnt worked. and for good reason, legislatively, i might add. changing just may to shall would open up a literal pandoras box of "liberal problems", something the committees and full bodies dont have time to address in the short amount of time a bill is before them.
    a comprehensive re write, based on established and fuctional carry laws in other states, with all the "t"'s crossed and "i"'s dotted is practically the only thing worth submitting to the legislature.
    i honestly believe a new comprehensive bill, built from the moderate standards found in other states would be more attractive to md legislators than our current system.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I'm all for the comprehensive ground up rewrite of carry law in MD. i've been suggesting it as a tactic for months. the "just change one word" tactic i've witnessed for the last decade hasnt worked. and for good reason, legislatively, i might add. changing just may to shall would open up a literal pandoras box of "liberal problems", something the committees and full bodies dont have time to address in the short amount of time a bill is before them.
    a comprehensive re write, based on established and fuctional carry laws in other states, with all the "t"'s crossed and "i"'s dotted is practically the only thing worth submitting to the legislature.
    i honestly believe a new comprehensive bill, built from the moderate standards found in other states would be more attractive to md legislators than our current system.
    You need to change more than one word. The law already says shall issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom