• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Bear in mind that the MCAC (a stste Fusion Center) operates at the behest of DHS to coordinate and disseminate ANTITERRORIST information with and from/among LE Agencies and other state Fusion Centers. At least originally it was...

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Bear in mind that the MCAC (a stste Fusion Center) operates at the behest of DHS to coordinate and disseminate ANTITERRORIST information with and from/among LE Agencies and other state Fusion Centers. At least originally it was...

http://publicintelligence.net/fusion-centers/

Every place has one and you are correct they basically just disseminate out Anti-terrorist information, Viable threats to LEO's, sometimes hidden things we need to watch out for such as the new cuff-key zipper, and BOLO's for fugitives of a specific nature.

Funny story I once read a BOLO on a guy (I won't go into it) but then I ended up seeing him Months later IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD, like where I lay my head!!!! I followed him around and he caught on to what I was doing. We ended up playing the round about game while I was on the phone with the FBI trying to find out if he had any Fed Warrants. After I confirmed he didn't have any warrants and has just previously made extremest remarks via social media I parked in a Random Person's Driveway and pretended to knock on the front door.

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    http://publicintelligence.net/fusion-centers/

Every place has one and you are correct they basically just disseminate out Anti-terrorist information, Viable threats to LEO's, sometimes hidden things we need to watch out for such as the new cuff-key zipper, and BOLO's for fugitives of a specific nature.

Funny story I once read a BOLO on a guy (I won't go into it) but then I ended up seeing him Months later IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD, like where I lay my head!!!! I followed him around and he caught on to what I was doing. We ended up playing the round about game while I was on the phone with the FBI trying to find out if he had any Fed Warrants. After I confirmed he didn't have any warrants and has just previously made extremest remarks via social media I parked in a Random Person's Driveway and pretended to knock on the front door.

Crap. Is MDS considered 'social media'?

Erick

Sep 13, 2013
    :wtf: :crazy:

we already have tinfoil, lets add gasoline

There simply have to be consequences for such behavior, what else do you suggest we do?

Does anyone have a link to that website that maintains the current list of Bravo Company, DPMS and many others etc that are boycotting , as in refuse to sell to state agencies in unfree states, as they dont want their firearms used to enforce unjust laws?

This is one of the few legal tools we the people still have at our disposal.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I read the article earlier today and I don't understand because the driver is FL Florida and had a FL permit! Maryland doesn't have access to FL gun ownership records.

my guess is that the officer asked if he had a gun in the car or he volunteered that he was a FL CCW holder and was carrying based on how he was trained in FL.

Erick

Sep 13, 2013
    I read the article earlier today and I don't understand because the driver is FL Florida and had a FL permit! Maryland doesn't have access to FL gun ownership records.

my guess is that the officer asked if he had a gun in the car or he volunteered that he was a FL CCW holder and was carrying based on how he was trained in FL.

The thing is the Florida guy wasn't carrying so he would not inform them that he was.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Most jurisdictions have a "Ride Along" program. For those "keyboard Commandos" that think they know what it is like, take a few Ride Alongs to see first hand. I did, and decided it wasn't what I thought.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    just a note that as far as I know MVA or NCIC doesn't currently flag drivers License's with gun ownership. Although I can see them doing that one day but as of today I'm not aware of that.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    BTW....I'm not defending the police officer. based on what I read and the report I don't think there was a reasonable suspicion to search so I can assume that it was a Consent to Search.

based on a statement "I left my gun in FL" is not reasonable suspicion

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    OATH.

Take it.

Don't break it.

Means something VERY important to some. Not so much to others.

Military, LEO, Feds and politicians....we/they all take it.

I ain't an Oath Keeper (as trade marked) but by all that's holy, I believe absolutely in what I swore to. Duty and honor are not forgotten or taken for granted by many. Duty and honor were never known or understood by some.

:thumbsup: Absolutely 100%

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    There simply have to be consequences for such behavior, what else do you suggest we do?

Does anyone have a link to that website that maintains the current list of Bravo Company, DPMS and many others etc that are boycotting , as in refuse to sell to state agencies in unfree states, as they dont want their firearms used to enforce unjust laws?

This is one of the few legal tools we the people still have at our disposal.

Gee...I dont know....elect better politicians that create the laws the police are tasked with enforcing.

These laws have mostly been on the books since AT LEAST 94...so lets not act like it just started last year.

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    The thing is he wasn't carrying so he would not inform them that he was.

The wife mistakenly said that he was carrying in the glove box after the driver showed the officer his ccw permit (instead of his driver's license) and was then subsequently questioned about whether he had a gun on him at the time.

Erick

Sep 13, 2013
    Gee...I dont know....elect better politicians that create the laws the police are tasked with enforcing.

The elective process has been compromised by multiple issues:

-80% nof the mainstream media (and lately even reuters and AP!) functioning essentially as what used to be called a "party newspaper".

- unassimilated recent immigrant voters who are not americanized enough to vote with the rest of us when it comes to these issues and how have formed voting block with unamerican (ie big government) preferences

As a result the legitimacy of those those who govern us and the laws they put out has been severely eroded.

One o the remaining checks are the oaths some of us take and MUST honor.

When they dont, then firearms companies must step up, such as Brovo Company, Noveske, DPMS, Olympic must refuse to sell.

And many of them do indeed refuse.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Where did you come up with this? There is a unit dedicated to using tag readers-- to locate stolen vehicles and wanted persons/vehicles... No officer I have ever worked with in Baltimore gives a shit about harassing legal gun owners when thousands of illegal guns are on the streets here.

From an insider. Never said the motivation was to harass, just that it is possible and that it occurrs, not sure how often.

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    the article and the new report did not report if the driver was asked for Consent to Search???

To me this is the most important question. The fact that no one has made a big deal about an illegal search makes me think that he consented, and if that's the case it's his own damn fault his car was searched. Not saying that the police are in the right here, far from it (there's still the whole issue of potentially targeting permit holders or at least possibly making their stops more hellish than they should be), but if you willingly waive your 4th amendment rights it should be expected that the police are going to pounce on that (definitely not saying that that's right either, it just should be expected in today's society).

alzoom85

Feb 27, 2013
    MdTA is Maryland Transportation Authority (toll road) Police. MTA is Transit Authority Police (metro & buses). Yes, its confusing.

I took a driver improvement course almost 10 years ago, and the instructor stated then that MDSP was going to depart from traffic duties at some point and take on more duties like the FBI, and let MTA take over traffic. Have yet too see the change, but steadily seeing an increase of MTA officers further from the bridge that divides us...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom