• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    Not surprised at AA Co at all...

The problem comes in where we have 2 districts in the county that have problems.

D32 has been the #1 thorn in the side, with 4 reps who are either hard left, or left-leaning squishes... And now there is 31A, created solely to attempt to further divide a conservative working-class community.

The rest of the county is generally good.

I'm stunned that nowhere in VA made the list.
    When you take into consideration that Virginia has the highest machine gun ownership, that is surprising. Nice to see Anne Arundel County make the list. Too bad that doesn't reflect in the Maryland Gen. assembly.

HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    i guess i live a somewhat different life then most. i truly only know 1 person who doesnt own a gun, my own ultra liberal govenment loving bitch of a sister. i would assume some of the people i am around may not have guns but i dont interact with them so i wouldnt know one way or the other. i assumed the numbers would be in the 90% range all over.

i guess you learn something everyday.
    I know what you mean, I used to feel the same way about liberals and Democrats. I was like, where are all these liberals and Democrats, I don't know any of them where are all these voters coming from. And then I drive through DC, PG county and Baltimore then, unfortunately my question is answered.

Lucca1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2013
    Behind Enemy Lines
    Montgomery County is only 2 behind AA with 24.7%...

...Montgomery county Ohio that is.

Sent from the dark recesses of my mind.

I almost fell out of my chair until I read Ohio. I'm surrounded by a bunch of hand holding, kumbaya singing, patchouli stinking, tree hugging libtards. My neighbors won't even talk to me after one of them brought over my mail that had been delivered to them by mistake (Cheaper than dirt catalog and NRA sweepstakes mailer).

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    I'd like to see how they got their data. Is it a polling, or from gun registrations? If polling, how many of us would answer truthfully to a stranger? If gun registration, than that is proof the gov. keeps tabs on gun owners. Or am I just being:tinfoil:

There is less than nothing to see here folks, move along. Most polls you see published are based on very small numbers. Consider this problem:

There are 3086 counties/parishes in the US.
    Assume 100% of people answered their phones and participated in the survey. (I wouldn't, would you?)
    313.9 million people/3086 counties =10,700 people per county.
    If they called 1000/county, that would only be 10% and would be 3 million phone calls.

Do any of you think they actually surveyed 3 million people?
    If they did, would 10% be an adequate survey sample?

They made up the data. So we are talking about fiction.

Last edited:

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    Guys I'm telling you!!!! When I moved from PA in 2006, I (and my brother who is in the 101st Airborne) were both shocked to see how many people in Maryland were heavily armed. Coming from PA we were used to seeing rifles and shotguns at the range. In Maryland, EBRs, AK47s, precision rifles, and decked out expensive long range rifles are common at any range. People used to look at us crazy in PA when we showed up at local ranges with AR15s and AK47s.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Guys I'm telling you!!!! When I moved from PA in 2006, I (and my brother who is in the 101st Airborne) were both shocked to see how many people in Maryland were heavily armed. Coming from PA we were used to seeing rifles and shotguns at the range. In Maryland, EBRs, AK47s, precision rifles, and decked out expensive long range rifles are common at any range. People used to look at us crazy in PA when we showed up at local ranges with AR15s and AK47s.

Pansies...

Marylander's are more heavily armed, because of all the Frosh's in Annapolis. We don't know what they'll try to ban next.

BrewDoc_MD

Piss off, ghost!
    Apr 25, 2012
    Myersville, MD
    While I too question their methodology and the validity of their results, their list of counties with the lowest firearm ownership contains mostly well-known liberal bastions like Hawaii, NJ, MA, DC, Cook county, B'more, MoCo, PG, etc. Each of us would come up with those if a stranger on the street came up and asked us, "where are the most oppressive gun laws in the country".

I am surprised Florida counties cracked this list at #23 and #31.

Still, I'm happy Frederick made the OP's list instead! :thumbsup:

BrianS

Apr 26, 2010
    There is no way IN HELL that Carroll County lost to AA.

NO WAY IN HELL!

Agreed.

My number is unlisted and I work during the day. If I don't recognize the number on caller ID when I'm home then I don't answer. IF I'm feeling completely bored and agree to a poll over the phone and a firearm related question comes up... I lie. Then I ask how they got my number because I'm easily irritated by strangers asking questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tharper429

Latest threads

Top Bottom