• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    If Montoya 32 has to go to an informal appeal after a "not approved," then team Hogan and Pallozzi are definitively not 2A supporters, and do not care about your right to carry a firearm contrary to all the propaganda and express statements they have made implying otherwise. Keep up the good fight Tim, I am right behind you. We will both know the truth soon.

does anyone know the formal comar regulations for granting a permit or overturning a denial by the handgun permit appeals board?

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    does anyone know the formal comar regulations for granting a permit or overturning a denial by the handgun permit appeals board?

You need to be more specific. They don't have a clue as Swinokur has said. Best option is to get a permit issued (after initial review or informal) by MSP (which is un-appealable by HGPRB) and not have to go to the HGPRB where you will almost certainly be shot down by the OweMalley appointees. This is the disingenuous part of Hogan/Pallozzi. If they cared they would get permits to those qualifying. Passing the buck to HGPRB is a dishonest cop out.

Last edited:

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    You need to be more specific. They don't have a clue as Swinokeur has said. Best option is to get a permit issued (after initial review or informal) by MSP (which is un-appealable by HGPRB) and not have to go to the HGPRB where you will almost certainly be shot down by the OweMalley appointees. This is the disingenuous part of Hogan/Pallozzi. If they cared they would get permits to those qualifying. Passing the buck to HGPRB is a dishonest cop out.

Has anyone been denied under Hogan/Pallozi besides me? I can't put the blame on this admin yet because the old regime was still involved/responsible when I applied and got denied. I think we will know more soon enough.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Has anyone been denied under Hogan/Pallozi besides me? I can't put the blame on this admin yet because the old regime was still involved/responsible when I applied and got denied. I think we will know more soon enough.

I'm sure the MSP is still operating under the old rules and likely will continue to do so until specifically told different.
    Status Quo.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Hoping for the best outcome possible for Gryphon(and for you, Tim, of course).... but I have a feeling he is going to be the next to claim defeat... or Victory...(?)

Call me what you will, but I am waiting just a bit longer to turn my paperwork in... because I think we will know it, when we see it. I still have time on my Training Certificate.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    If Montoya 32 has to go to an informal appeal after a "not approved," then team Hogan and Pallozzi are definitively not 2A supporters, and do not care about your right to carry a firearm contrary to all the propaganda and express statements they have made implying otherwise. Keep up the good fight Tim, I am right behind you. We will both know the truth soon.

Please, listen the man, go to 1:55 and through to the end a few times. Total denial of secret squirrel stuff. I don't understand why people keep up a ruse that Hogan cares about conceal carry. Why do people not believe what he states in public? In addition recall the dodge during a radio interview after he was Governor on a direct question of carry rights.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Please, listen the man, go to 1:55 and through to the end a few times. Total denial of secret squirrel stuff. I don't understand why people keep up a ruse that Hogan cares about conceal carry. Why do people not believe what he states in public? In addition recall the dodge during a radio interview after he was Governor on a direct question of carry rights.

Doesn't worry me. Just like Carson had a slip up when asked, candidates have slip ups. His actions will determine whether he supports the constitution or not.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    His inaction has spoken pretty loudly if you ask me.

I know I know, next month, next year, next term.....

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Doesn't worry me. Just like Carson had a slip up when asked, candidates have slip ups. His actions will determine whether he supports the constitution or not.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease, and with all the squeaking you've applied, then add you are self employed and can substantiate risks in your profession, it would not surprise me if you get your permit. The take away from that for everyone else, is don't believe your approval is a change in policy or anything to do with "team Hogan & Pallozzi". I can't recall who made the most poignant remark in the entire CCW debate, but it was; "Hogan has absolutely no political capital to gain changing current status of CCW". It is really that simple I believe.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    The squeaky wheel gets the grease, and with all the squeaking you've applied, then add you are self employed and can substantiate risks in your profession, it would not surprise me if you get your permit. The take away from that for everyone else, is don't believe your approval is a change in policy or anything to do with "team Hogan & Pallozzi". I can't recall who made the most poignant remark in the entire CCW debate, but it was; "Hogan has absolutely no political capital to gain changing current status of CCW". It is really that simple I believe.

There is much, much more at work than just me and my antics:innocent0

I really believe that things are "progressing". Not as quickly as you, I or anyone else would like, but you don't sprint up the side of a rock face and that is what we are look straight into. Each step must be carefully planned, placed, analyzed as to how sturdy it is and then you take another.

Obtaining my permit is just one piece of the equation. If I do indeed receive it, the reason it is granted, the terms and restrictions will all give us insight into how the climate of the SP has or has not been influenced or changed.

BTW, if i do receive my permit, it does not mean the end for me. I have learned much and learned that there is much more to learn and bring to the light of day. I will be pressing this on for the good of everyone.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013

. . . and the fundamental right of self-defense.

I agree that Hogan has sent mixed signals pre and post election regarding "gun control" in general, e.g. will support 2A, will enforce FSA2013, went too far, didn't go far enough, Governor Hogan and Superintendent Pallozzi are concerned about Marylanders right to own and carry firearms, etc. They have been all over the place. Perhaps that is because it wasn't a focal point of his election platform and he was reacting to Brown created and media fanned criticism about the "secret squirrel stuff?" Post election they have been publicly quiet. Anyway, now Hogan is Governor and he hand picked Pallozzi as his Superintendent.

Notably, I have never heard either Hogan or Pallozzi specifically address G&S or wear & carry permits in public. Hence, I don't agree with Shipperke who continues to lump G&S/permits in with FSA 2013 and spew guaranteed defeat to anyone that tests the waters. He doesn't know any better than I do of what policies Pallozzi will implement. Maybe his pessimism will be born out and Shipperke can say he told me so? Or maybe I will get a permit that I am eligible and entitled to receive? Either way I am going to find out and not have to keep guessing whether the man I helped elect and his Superintendent view self-defense as a fundamental right or not.

So I can't say the mixed messaging doesn't worry me, but Hogan/Pallozzi can fully enforce SB281/FSA2013 and still exercise Pallozzi's lawful discretion on good and substantial related to carry permits. They are two different issues. I never expected publicly announced sweeping changes of "permits for all" absent legislation, but permits for those that pass all the hurdles the MGA has put in place is certainly a reasonable expectation. Nothing prohibits Pallozzi from following all existing laws and implementing a less restrictive and more constitutional approach to G&S and issuing permits than the prior anti administrations. I mean really, we pass all of the onerous and objective requirements put in place by the Legislature, and then afterwards one man gets to pretend he can forecast if an applicant will have a need for self-defense? I don't like it, but that's the system we have to live with for the near future. All we need is a man with integrity that doesn't think he has a right to play God for the rest of us.

I applied after Pallozzi was appointed, confirmed and sworn. It hasn't been 90 days yet. In the end I agree action speaks far louder than words. I made the investment of time and $ to get past all the speculation, and to find out for myself first-hand. Their willingness to act should be known to me by Independence Day. We all have different circumstances, so I encourage others to apply and find out for themselves as well.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    He does have political capital to gain. Whether anyone wants to believe it or not, if all of us continue to have or develop BGOS and sit home next election he loses in a landslide.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    He does have political capital to gain. Whether anyone wants to believe it or not, if all of us continue to have or develop BGOS and sit home next election he loses in a landslide.

This is not Colorado. The elites there running the state went too far, and then found they were outnumbered. The elites/leftists in Maryland still outnumber the rest here greatly. If Hogan does nothing about gun rights, but does not hinder them any more than now, I'm not cutting my nose off despite my face and will vote for him again. While it appears some are stuck on one issue to vote for someone, the majority are not. If Hogan does nothing to further gun rights damn if I'm risking a new Governor who will ramp back up the gun control! That is exactly why Hogan has nothing to lose. Maybe a few dozen here will hold that against him, then settle for worse? Why do that to yourselves.

Governor Hogan and Superintendent Pallozzi are concerned about Marylanders right to own and carry firearms

I have never heard or read anything to that effect. If it is out there he needs to be beaten over the head with it. Please find it. Gun rights nationally have turned in favor no doubt and the hope is the tide reaches us here eventually. When Hogan time after time addresses established gun law in Maryland is set, I'm not parsing it down he's excluding right to carry. If it changes great, but expectations he cares about carry have been 100% secret squirrel, not one public comment. The mere fact he's not on record against carry, does not mean he's for it. Anybody, find a stated postion he has on carry, and please stop with the "I'm a 2A supporter" he and every other politician spew (Including Obama). NJ has a republican Governor too. Christie did veto a ban on the Barrett 50 , but they still have carry requirements like Maryland. So why would a Governor veto what was passed on the 50, yet do nothing about carry?

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co

14 Appeal.
    A. Informal Review.
    (1) A person whose original or renewal permit application is denied or whose permit is revoked or limited may submit a
    written request to the Secretary for an informal review within ten days after receipt of the notice of denial, revocation, or limitation.
    (2) Upon receipt of a valid request, the Secretary shall review the action under informal review and may include a personal interview of the person requesting the informal review.
    (3) The Secretary shall sustain, reverse, or modify the action under informal review and provide written notification to the person who requested the informal review within 30 days after receipt of the request for informal review.
    (4) An informal review is not subject to State Government Article, Title 10, Subtitle 2, Annotated Code of Maryland. B. Handgun Permit Review Board.
    (1) A person whose original or renewal permit application is denied or whose permit is revoked or limited may submit a written request to the Board to review the decision of the Secretary within ten days after receipt of the notice of denial, revocation, or limitation.
    (2) A person whose original or renewal permit application is not acted on by the Secretary within 90 days after submitting the application to the Secretary may submit a written request to the Board for a hearing.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    14 Appeal.
    A. Informal Review.
    (1) A person whose original or renewal permit application is denied or whose permit is revoked or limited may submit a
    written request to the Secretary for an informal review within ten days after receipt of the notice of denial, revocation, or limitation.
    (2) Upon receipt of a valid request, the Secretary shall review the action under informal review and may include a personal interview of the person requesting the informal review.
    (3) The Secretary shall sustain, reverse, or modify the action under informal review and provide written notification to the person who requested the informal review within 30 days after receipt of the request for informal review.
    (4) An informal review is not subject to State Government Article, Title 10, Subtitle 2, Annotated Code of Maryland. B. Handgun Permit Review Board.
    (1) A person whose original or renewal permit application is denied or whose permit is revoked or limited may submit a written request to the Board to review the decision of the Secretary within ten days after receipt of the notice of denial, revocation, or limitation.
    (2) A person whose original or renewal permit application is not acted on by the Secretary within 90 days after submitting the application to the Secretary may submit a written request to the Board for a hearing.
    Does this mean if you do an informal review that you give up your right to appeal to the HPRB?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom