• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    When I was a deputy long ago down in Texas, we would head for a parking garage around midnight for about 20 mins or so.

AnonymousShooter

Jan 2, 2012
    Salisbury, MD
    When I was a deputy long ago down in Texas, we would head for a parking garage around midnight for about 20 mins or so.

Wow seriously ... I thought most people had enough sense not to do that. I've felt bad for letting a round fly high just over the 300 yard berm at the range. I know there's nothing back there, but still ...

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Wow seriously ... I thought most people had enough sense not to do that. I've felt bad for letting a round fly high just over the 300 yard berm at the range. I know there's nothing back there, but still ...

Come stand on the back porch of my station tomorrow night......I've never been to Afghanistan, and don't want to take anything away from our soldiers, but tomorrow night will literally be a war zone.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Come stand on the back porch of my station tomorrow night......I've never been to Afghanistan, and don't want to take anything away from our soldiers, but tomorrow night will literally be a war zone.

Me neither. It really is just the stupid ignorance of those pulling the trigger.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    that little girl lived a mile from my parents home.... the sheriffs came door to door asking for firearms matching the specific caliber that was used. they wanted to speak to me because I had several that matched that caliber but I had been moved out for 6 years so I was dismissed. crazy that someone wouldn't turn themselves in for something that killed a child. how could you live with yourself.

pjd832

Jul 26, 2012
    And that's all folks

Pretty much.

that little girl lived a mile from my parents home.... the sheriffs came door to door asking for firearms matching the specific caliber that was used. they wanted to speak to me because I had several that matched that caliber but I had been moved out for 6 years so I was dismissed. crazy that someone wouldn't turn themselves in for something that killed a child. how could you live with yourself.

How did they know you had several of a specific caliber?....the "lists" everyone says doesn't exist? ....or did I misunderstand and they were asking if people had guns of a specific caliber..and expecting honest answers?.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011

What's worse about this case is that someone KNOWS who that was or knows they did it. Fvckin shame, little girl visiting from out of town, didn't deserve to die like that.

engine42410

Sep 9, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I'm assuming, to some folks it's family tradition. Look at how many years people and their families have shot on new years in (Baltimore City). I really can't recall over the years if their were any major incidents on new year eve. I have a question, if shooting on new years eve is so bad or a felony then I guess the folks that shoot anytime of the year on acres of land and on holidays is committing a felony also correct. Even with families acres of land that they own, I have come to the conclusion that you will never be free to do what you want on your own property as long as you live in the state of Maryland.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I'm assuming, to some folks it's family tradition. Look at how many years people and their families have shot on new years in (Baltimore City). I really can't recall over the years if their were any major incidents on new year eve. I have a question, if shooting on new years eve is so bad or a felony then I guess the folks that shoot anytime of the year on acres of land and on holidays is committing a felony also correct. Even with families acres of land that they own, I have come to the conclusion that you will never be free to do what you want on your own property as long as you live in the state of Maryland.
    I'm confused, or... perplexed by your post.

Are you suggesting that owning "acres" absolves you of the duty to know your target AND beyond? I've owned acres, 10+, that doesn't mean I couldn't have killed my neighbors kids by shooting haphazardly into the air.....

? Right ?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Point being, ONE person killed by "celebratory" gunfire is too many. Find something else that goes bang to fvck with on New Years. I lay in bed and cringe hearing it.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    A felony is by it's very nature, the WORST sort of crime. I agree it's incredibly stupid to shoot a round into the air with no way of knowing where it will come down if people are ANYWHERE near you, but celebratory gunfire is not the same as murder or rape.

This is ridiculous

DavidMS

Feb 23, 2013
    Fairfax VA
    Got a question...

Should we be asking that if the bullet recovered was from a pistol why was the state ballistic database was not used to locate the firearm used?

Its a tragedy but I can't see how specifically banning shooting skywards would help unless its also easy to localize the gunshots without great public expense or threat to privacy/private ranges. Its already illegal to discharge a firearm in more populated areas (there are exemptions for self defense, etc). We could suggest to our reps attaching to a bill that we like to gain more support to pass. It wouldn't effect us. It would make them feel good though...

The best we can do is suggest firearms safety and demystification as part of health class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom