• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    What's worse about this case is that someone KNOWS who that was or knows they did it. Fvckin shame, little girl visiting from out of town, didn't deserve to die like that.

I doubt it. If you've ever been on a rooftop in Baltimore on New Years Eve you realize how many asshats actually do this. Problem is, it could
    have come from a mile away which would mean there would be MANY suspects.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I doubt it. If you've ever been on a rooftop in Baltimore on New Years Eve you realize how many asshats actually do this. Problem is, it could
    have come from a mile away which would mean there would be MANY suspects.

685,000 people in Baltimore City vs. 15,500 in greater Elkton (covering an area all the way from the PA line down past the Elk River?)

Ceil County isn't Baltimore. You could fit all the people shooting within a mile of that house last New Years in one room.

asdaven

Oct 30, 2013
    Maryland
    Firing a rifle or even a pistol into the air is stupid. I could see a shotgun with low power target birdshot loads used for trap/skeet if nobody else house is closeby. But a rifle bullet can carry for miles. I don't participate in "celebratory gunfire" myself but I'm currently trying to figure out if I can trap shoot on my property where I live. And I don't live in Dundalk or in the city.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    One can argue that shooting a gun into the air can be potentially fatal, and should be a felony. If that is the case, texting and driving should also fall into the same category.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    685,000 people in Baltimore City vs. 15,500 in greater Elkton (covering an area all the way from the PA line down past the Elk River?)

Ceil County isn't Baltimore. You could fit all the people shooting within a mile of that house last New Years in one room.

I would beg to differ not sure why but last year it seemed like everyone was firing. I made the remark to my wife at midnight before the news of this horror was know. I know the Grandmother of this little girl from what I know they would not be able to charge this as a felony unless they could show malice.

People who do fire into the air for no reason should be charged with a felony. these people give us responsible gun owners a bad name , and fodder for the antis to use against us

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Well, if someone died from a falling projectile, isn't that already a felony?
    Not sure how you would charge someone with any "attempted negligent homicide" if you have no victim/ plaintiff and nothing happened to anyone.
    Discharging a firearm is not direction specific.
    Pretty sure the cost of bullet resonance echo location devices is not worth the good intentions behind it.

asdaven

Oct 30, 2013
    Maryland
    Well its just like enforcing the speed limit. Is that person going 70 mph on 55 mph freeway in light traffic really causing a problem or endangering anyone? Well if they're staying in their lane and not tailgating or cutting people off, they're not causing a problem. A "bullet resonance echo location device" or whatever it is would be the same as putting up speed cameras like this stupid state has already done, which CAUSE more accidents by the way. Lots of money spent on technology that causes more problems. Yet there was too much opposition in the MD legislature to pass a law requiring people to use turn signals. Laws should be made more so to punish those who are actually endangering people or hurting someone and enforced in that manner. If you live in a rural area with nobody that lives close to you and some idiot calls the police because they hear gunfire several miles away......then what harm is done? Someone being scared because they've lived an overly sheltered life and get all their information from what they see on TV and conclude that gun shots always = a murder in progress? If its being done in a safe manner and no ones going to get hurt, then we shouldn't have to suffer because of people's ignorance. Period.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I would beg to differ not sure why but last year it seemed like everyone was firing. I made the remark to my wife at midnight before the news of this horror was know. I know the Grandmother of this little girl from what I know they would not be able to charge this as a felony unless they could show malice.

People who do fire into the air for no reason should be charged with a felony. these people give us responsible gun owners a bad name , and fodder for the antis to use against us

New article today: http://www.cecildaily.com/news/local_news/article_6f22bf12-6203-5a8b-b2f8-88217f0d42a1.html

Family faces first New Year's Eve since fatal shooting, will lobby for stricter 'celebratory gunfire' law

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    the area this happened isn't what I call rural . Just a two mile circle will get you to a bad part of Elkton ( right by the jail) cross the Elk River and you have a bunch of condos with the kids thinking they are "gangsta" . Personally I don't think the weapon that was used to do this was bought legal as (maybe I am being naive ) I can't fathom a responsible gun owner doing this.

One thing I left out earlier they have never publicly said what type of weapon or caliber but if the police knocked on your door they were asking if you had a gun and what caliber they didn't have a list

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Village of Southfield, aka: Buttonwoods, they are townhouses (not condo ownership) they stop a solid mile from the river, Kensington Courts inbetween.

not sure of the names , they must of done some building the river is a lot closer than a mile . Regardless of that someone did something stupid and it took a little girl . Last night was quiet so maybe some good came out of this tradegy

sonicnofadz

Jul 24, 2012
    Perry Hall, MD
    If firing a gun into the air is a felony, (because one single person was killed) WHY ISN'T DRUNK DRIVING a felony? It kills thousands upon thousands every year in every state. Just another useless feel-good and pointless law that doesn't need to exist.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    If firing a gun into the air is a felony, (because one single person was killed) WHY ISN'T DRUNK DRIVING a felony? It kills thousands upon thousands every year in every state. Just another useless feel-good and pointless law that doesn't need to exist.

This is apples to oranges .

While stupid that's saying if your target shooting while drunk is automatically a felony .

Using your interpretation take your car put a brick on the gas pedal and drop it in gear down a busy road that wouldn't be a felony?

A cardinal rule for firing a gun is always know where your round will go and be sure its safe direction

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom