• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    You just don't see it anymore because that talk is reserved for the Champagne Room.

It's just like the Water Cooler, but reserved for '12ers and earlier.

:D

Pffft...:rolleyes:

Champagne is for pussies. I'll be hangin' out with the rest of the real men in the BEER garten.:innocent0

phil0leech

Jul 11, 2015
    I just read on another post that this law had expired. How can that be when they just passed it not long ago? Is this up to date?

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I just read on another post that this law had expired. How can that be when they just passed it not long ago? Is this up to date?

You probably heard a garbled and confused story based on the "shell casing law" being dropped (at long last).

That was the brainless law that required that new handguns sold in Maryland include a spent cartridge case, supposedly to be "filed" with the police. It was supposed to allow "ballistic fingerprinting" to solve crimes with 15 or 20 minutes after spent cases are recovered.

Never had any possibility of working: its true purpose was to make it more difficult to acquire handguns legally in Maryland.

For years the program has been unfunded, and the State Police repeatedly asked the legislature to repeal the law, which was a burden for the police.

All they did was toss the empty cases in big blue plastic barrels in a storage warehouse somewhere, all mixed up and not catalogued, not retrievable.

So finally the requirement was dropped, and new handguns sold in Maryland (after October 1???) need no longer include a spent shell casing.

No change in the magazine limit laws.

You may buy standard capacity magazines in other states and personally bring them back for personal use. That is still perfectly legal.

By the way, welcome to MDS.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    It expired 9/13/2004 for the rest of the country, not here.

You're thinking of the Federal AWB, which included a ten round mag limit. That expired everywhere, including Maryland, which is why our law was twenty rounds from '04 until '13. The only change in the Maryland law was from 20 to 10.

But you have a good point. He might have heard a confused account about the end of the Federal ten round limit back in 2004. It's really amazing how many people, including LEOs, have some crazy misconceptions about the laws.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    I have had several friends tell me it is not legal to shot AR or pistol with more
    than 10 rounds at any of the shooting ranges.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I have had several friends tell me it is not legal to shot AR or pistol with more

You need better informed friends. Since you now know the answer you can be the smart one and set them straight.

Feb 28, 2013

Next time you hear that malarkey, ask 'em where they heard it. MSLSD? The National Barack Channel? Or maybe the Clinton Broadcasting System?

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    sad new from United GS in Monkey Co

We were in looking at the stock on had last Sat (7/18/2015) at United GS. During the course of the discussion they told me MD FFLs are no longer allowed to mail >10 rnd mags out of state for me to pick up at me friend's. Has anyone else been told this?

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    We were in looking at the stock on had last Sat (7/18/2015) at United GS. During the course of the discussion they told me MD FFLs are no longer allowed to mail >10 rnd mags out of state for me to pick up at me friend's. Has anyone else been told this?

That can't be correct. Hard to imagine such a change occurring unnoticed.

That can't be correct. Hard to imagine such a change occurring unnoticed.

Probably their interpretation of the law as written,just like the eighth day release.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I would think it would be published as an advisory. If not, they have no real proof for enforcement purposes.

But it is MSP.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I think any legal questions about magazine ownership should be met with the permanent ban hammer due to the OVER ABUNDANCE of info on this is EASILY found.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom