• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fantomas

Nov 13, 2013
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Hello to all:

I am ain the process of buying a handgun in MD for the first time. I recently learned that there is a magazine limit of 10 rounds. The firearm I am looking to buy can hold a magazing of 16 rounds. Does this mean I cannot buy this firearm or does it simpl mean I would need to find a 10 round magazine for it? I have received different views from FFL. Any input is greatly appreciated.

RoKKboXXer

Feb 27, 2013
    Catonsville
    First off welcome to he forum. Secondly, head over and say a little something about yourself in the introduction section.

You need an HQL to buy a regulated handgun in Md.
    It has to be on the msp regulated handgun list.
    You can buy the firearm but not the magazines that hold more than ten rounds.

Fantomas

Nov 13, 2013
    Glen Burnie, MD
    First off welcome to he forum. Secondly, head over and say a little something about yourself in the introduction section.

You need an HQL to buy a regulated handgun in Md.
    It has to be on the msp regulated handgun list.
    You can buy the firearm but not the magazines that hold more than ten rounds.
    Thank you Rokk for your prompt response to my inquiry. Now I will need to do some research and find out how to get a 10 round magazine for the handgun I want.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Thank you Rokk for your prompt response to my inquiry. Now I will need to do some research and find out how to get a 10 round magazine for the handgun I want.

Go to a VA, PA, or any other free state and buy the magazines of your choice. Bring them back into MD. Totally legal to own them here, you just can’t buy them here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom