• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jay M.

Feb 28, 2011
    Hi everyone. I'm new to the area. I recently moved to Carroll County from Virginia. WOW!! what a difference in gun laws and infringement on my rights :wtf:. Anyway, that's for another thread.

I'm looking for advise and opinions on the best gun clubs and ranges in the carroll county. Clubs with various events ranging from public shooting rifle or handguns, including competitive shooting, etc. I would like to eventually become a member of one, but would like some good suggestions first.

Thanks all for the suggestion and opinions.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    For a rifle range, hap baker behind the landfill is the best you can get. It is public, but its 10.00 a day for all day, 25-50-100-(200 on some lanes) they also have a pistol range.

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    Hi everyone. I'm new to the area. I recently moved to Carroll County from Virginia. WOW!! what a difference in gun laws and infringement on my rights :wtf:. Anyway, that's for another thread.

I'm looking for advise and opinions on the best gun clubs and ranges in the carroll county. Clubs with various events ranging from public shooting rifle or handguns, including competitive shooting, etc. I would like to eventually become a member of one, but would like some good suggestions first.

Thanks all for the suggestion and opinions.

AGC range on Marriotsville Rd is very nice.

Check it out here...

http://associatedgunclubs.org/index.html

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    AGC range on Marriotsville Rd is very nice.

Check it out here...

http://associatedgunclubs.org/index.html

Just a bit of background on AGC. A large number of different clubs all call the AGC ranges home. There is a $150/yr range badge fee, paid to AGC for range use and then you pay whatever dues that the club you join charge.

Check the web site out, I think there are members of almost every club who also are on this site.

Welcome to the state and the site.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Welcome. Hap Baker is a nice range, but their pistol side leaves a little to be desired. It only goes to 17 yards, and since it's outdoors, the targets swing wildly whenever there's a breeze. The rifle range, though, is excellent. It does tend to get a little bit muddy, whenever we get a lot of rain, though. Benches are provided, as are spotting scopes (they're rather cheap, but better than nothing), target frames and staplers. Targets and earplugs are sold there, if you forget to bring your own.

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the boards.

I would check out AGC. ( link in signature ) I enjoy shooting there and they have plenty of lanes. I have never had to wait to shoot there. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Welcome and check out the AGC (www.associatedgunclubs.org)! I am a mmeber of Monumental Rifle and Pistol Club (one of the 30 or so clubs that make up the AGC).

You will find a lot of AGC members here. My advice is pick a club that meets your shooting needs and then come on out and mingle with us on the range!

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Mayberry GPA in Carroll County between Taneytown and Westminster off of Rt 140. Private club with pistol, rifle out to 600 yds, 5 stand, and sporting clays ranges. We do hold various public shoots/competitions in the preceeding mentioned categories. See Mayberry GPA.com for more info or you can go into "Competitive Shooting" and look up Mayberry sponsored shoots. There are also some nice photos and videos of the two most recent rifle/pistol Carbine/Tactical matches.

Jay M.

Feb 28, 2011
    Awesome everyone. Thank you all so far for the all the suggestions. I will take a few weeks and go out to visit a couple of the suggestions. I don't mind paying a little more to have a quality place to shoot, but it is also great to have some close and cheaper places to go and get a quick fix when you do not have a lot of time.

I do have a question about the associated gun club. Can members shoot at all the ranges under AGC or is there a limitation on where you can shoot?

Thanks.

justsand

Ultimate Member
    Jul 14, 2010
    monrovia md
    Mt airy IWLA Is a good club 25 to 300 yard for rifle 25 yard pistol 50 to 100 rimfire 6 trap houses. And an archery range. Club has over 150 acres to hunt on. Also has the largest youth trap team in the state with over 50 young adults.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Awesome everyone. Thank you all so far for the all the suggestions. I will take a few weeks and go out to visit a couple of the suggestions. I don't mind paying a little more to have a quality place to shoot, but it is also great to have some close and cheaper places to go and get a quick fix when you do not have a lot of time.

I do have a question about the associated gun club. Can members shoot at all the ranges under AGC or is there a limitation on where you can shoot?

Thanks.

We have pistol to 50 HD
    Rifle 100 & 200 yrd (100 has 25 and 50)
    trap
    indoor pellet
    Shot gun patterning
    And bow

All are available to members

Tom

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    So, Jay, you're now a Carroll County resident and member of this forum. As such, I welcome you. BTW, you may want to keep aneye out for a Carroll County crew meet to be announced later in the summer as we are going to plan another one probably for September/October timeframe.:thumbsup:

Jay M.

Feb 28, 2011
    BTW, you may want to keep aneye out for a Carroll County crew meet.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the info and would be great to go and meet some of the people in the area and on this site. What is the usual itinerary like for this meet?

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Eat food, drink beer, make fun of each other and those around other than with our group (especially fat ladies wearing low rider jeans sporting pink thong and plumber's crack), exchange war stories, throw food (at least not the GOOD food) at cops, etc.. You know, just another hum-drum night out.:innocent0

Look up "Carroll County crew meet" in the "Event Planning" heading. It was last month.

Last edited:

NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Eat food, drink beer, make fun of each other and those around other than with our group (especially fat ladies wearing low rider jeans sporting pink thong and plumber's crack), exchange war stories, throw food (at least not the GOOD food) at cops, etc.. You know, just another hum-drum night out.:innocent0

Look up "Carroll County crew meet" in the "Event Planning" heading. It was last month.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom