• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    These people work in this building every day, this is their second home, this situation was abnormal to them, they didn’t respond unreasonably.

edit: I agree with Sundazes, the guy is an ass.

I think they only responded the way they did because of the camera. Had he not been holding a camera or had he been video taping surreptitiously, I expect he would have had far less (maybe no) trouble. I despise double standards - the government was taping all public areas so why is it such a big deal for the public to video tape public areas?

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    For fvck sake, Rosa Parks was a plant, a set-up. The incident did really happen, but it wasn't by Rosa Parks. It was an unwed teen mother(I will have to find her name in my massive notes).

None of this has a thing to do with our 'rights', it has to do with LIKES and CLICKS.
    Ok, Rosa Parks was a set up,

even if it is done for like and clicks the cops are still in control, Sean is doing a constitutionally protected activity, cop shows up and leaves = boring video and less clicks. Cop shows up and let's his ego take over = more likes and clicks.

If you are doing nothing wrong, why is there not only a cop messing with you but many times multiple cops wasting resources.

Nobody

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air

even if it is done for like and clicks the cops are still in control, Sean is doing a constitutionally protected activity, cop shows up and leaves = boring video and less clicks. Cop shows up and let's his ego take over = more likes and clicks.

If you are doing nothing wrong, why is there not only a cop messing with you but many times multiple cops wasting resources.

Nobody

This is what I have the biggest problem with in the video. There are cases everyday that get called in that get no response where actual crimes are occurring and being reported. Why the cops feel the need to report to a public building for a call that someone is videoing is beyond me. Not only do they respond to a person videoing a public space call, but they respond in force. Ridiculous.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Nobody
    Being an A-hole may be legal, but you're still being an A-hole. If you aren't part of the solution, you might just be a part of the problem.
    Most of these guys are not trying to be the solution. They are trying to make money.
    I don't watch these things, so tell me, has an "auditor" ever helped a cop? Those are the guys I will watch.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Being an A-hole may be legal, but you're still being an A-hole. If you aren't part of the solution, you might just be a part of the problem.
    Most of these guys are not trying to be the solution. They are trying to make money.
    I don't watch these things, so tell me, has an "auditor" ever helped a cop? Those are the guys I will watch.

I generally don't watch these thing either - they all start and end the same way. With that said I do enjoy watching spur of the moment police interaction videos and I have found that reasonable cops will listen and potentially learn from the interactions as will the person they are interacting with. Idiots on both sides tend to escalate the interactions and then only the cops win.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    This is what I have the biggest problem with in the video. There are cases everyday that get called in that get no response where actual crimes are occurring and being reported. Why the cops feel the need to report to a public building for a call that someone is videoing is beyond me. Not only do they respond to a person videoing a public space call, but they respond in force. Ridiculous.
    Okay. How many recent mass shootings have we seen or heard of, where the shooter is broadcasting their crime on a live feed? Hmm? These auditors(so called) ARE using up resources that would be better served doing the job.we pay them to do.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I generally don't watch these thing either - they all start and end the same way. With that said I do enjoy watching spur of the moment police interaction videos and I have found that reasonable cops will listen and potentially learn from the interactions as will the person they are interacting with. Idiots on both sides tend to escalate the interactions and then only the cops win.
    In my limited experience, I would hope so.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Okay. How many recent mass shootings have we seen or heard of, where the shooter is broadcasting their crime on a live feed? Hmm?
    I am not sure the point you're trying to make.

These auditors(so called) ARE using up resources that would be better served doing the job.we pay them to do.
    While this is true, a large part of the blame is on the police force for responding with so many officers. That and not seeing this for what it is and dealing with it quickly: "stay out of the private area and have a great day".

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I am not sure the point you're trying to make.

While this is true, a large part of the blame is on the police force for responding with so many officers. That and not seeing this for what it is and dealing with it quickly: "stay out of the private area and have a great day".
    My point was, many mass shooters have been live streaming their crimes. Some douche bag shows up and starts intentionally confronting police while they are in the normal course of their day will naturally arouse suspicion.
    Few seem to understand that police, especially in major cities, are constantly under the eye of suspicion. They have the feeling, well deservedly, they are all alone out there.
    Not saying there aren't bad cops out there, but there are a lot of worse people out there we need to worry about too. A lot of these 'people' are trying to catch cops in a "ah ha" moment, and if they fail, they tend to keep prodding and pushing them(cops) into reacting.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Here is a guy (not an "auditor") his post before these 2 were 5 years ago and he hasn't posted since. He looks like he was eating in McDonalds and the police were dealing with someone 20-30 feet away from him. He takes out phone a videos, not saying a word. Police eventually come over to him and ask/demand his ID because he is "interfering" with their "investigation". Guy sitting in his seat at a table not saying a word. Police get mad because he won't tell him who he is and one of them tell another officer to "run every tag in the parking lot".

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Here is a guy (not an "auditor") his post before these 2 were 5 years ago and he hasn't posted since. He looks like he was eating in McDonalds and the police were dealing with someone 20-30 feet away from him. He takes out phone a videos, not saying a word. Police eventually come over to him and ask/demand his ID because he is "interfering" with their "investigation". Guy sitting in his seat at a table not saying a word. Police get mad because he won't tell him who he is and one of them tell another officer to "run every tag in the parking lot".

Let me ask you, if you were in the process of doing your job, whatever that might be, and some jackass starts filming you, you would be cool with that? I've done many jobs where people wanted to video me in the process of carrying out that job. They always had the courtesy to ask if I had a problem being filmed. Though I usually did, I allowed them to do so, I just never looked at the camera. I know, cops and all that, but for shit's sake...

I'm done here

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Let me ask you, if you were in the process of doing your job, whatever that might be, and some jackass starts filming you, you would be cool with that? I've done many jobs where people wanted to video me in the process of carrying out that job. They always had the courtesy to ask if I had a problem being filmed. Though I usually did, I allowed them to do so, I just never looked at the camera. I know, cops and all that, but for shit's sake...

I'm done here
    The guy was already sitting at a table eating and took his phone out like just about everyone does nowadays to film something interesting happening in his presence. He didn't initiate contact, get up and walk over to the "action". He kept his mouth shut not talking before or after the police walked 30 feet over to him, because they felt "threatened".

Police should expect to be filmed especially since they now have body cams filming "every" interaction they have, so being on film shouldn't bother them.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    I figure that I am on camera the whole time I am out and about in public, nothing I can do about it.

A few years ago when the 2 Muslim people in LA shot up an office building, the cops traced their movements all day with the exception of about 15 minutes. This was while the were going about their normal day not being watched.

Nobody

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I generally don't watch these thing either - they all start and end the same way.

Most of the unedited first person ones , yup.

Audit the Audit bucks the trend .

The host plays edited high lights , gives commentary , and cites the various statutes and court precidents applicable , and how well each party is following them .

At the end of each video gives a Grade for how each party conducted themselves. Sometimes the officers get an A , Sometimes the auditor gets an F , and often they both fall in the middle.

On a parallel theme, there are also a plethora of channels using Freedom of Information dash cam and body cam footage. There is a fairly even split between highlighting stupid public behavior, and stupid cop behavior.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I applaud him for fighting to maintain our rights.
    And if by “fighting to maintain our rights” you mean “fighting for YouTube likes and paid ad revenue dollars in lieu of having an actual job that contributes more to society than internet clicks”, then sure- applaud away. These chuckleheads are a blithe on society and should be treated as such.

That being said, it is unbelievable that police agencies and individual officers don’t seem to have the internet. They never look good on these videos. 2 hours on YouTube should help them understand what they’re up against.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable

I'm done here

A police officer doing his job in the public has no expectation of privacy. Getting filmed while working is just part of the job.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    That being said, it is unbelievable that police agencies and individual officers don’t seem to have the internet. They never look good on these videos. 2 hours on YouTube should help them understand what they’re up against.
    They of course only post the ones that prove the point they're hoping to make. It's entirely possible that he provokes hundreds of interactions a year but since the vast majority don't go the way he wants, you never see them. I played this game 20+ years ago with Westover Baptist. They were begging for reactions and unfortunately they got enough to stay in business a long time.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    If you walk into a library or public office building and the people complain they are are "uncomfortable" that someone is pursuing a Constitutionally protected right the public servants get multiple police officers in response.

If you complain that at a Baltimore street corner you are accosted and threatened by someone with a squeegee in their hand attempting to extort money from you; call the police and see what kind of response you get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom