• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Long Island Audit is one of the YouTuber 1st Amendment audits that goes around and video records his interactions with police, apparently hoping to get arrested so he can sue the local governments and he does win settlements for having his rights violated. He knows the laws better than the police, lots of videos on his channel. This time he picked on Cecil County Maryland. This happened On April 27th 2022 but I just found the video so if this is a dupe please ignore/delete it:

County Office Building

Also at the Elkton office of the DMV

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    This guy is an ass. He may be within his rights, but still an ass.

The enduring mystery is why so few cops have proper training to deal with these 'auditors' in a professional manner. This should be common knowledge in the profession by now. They keep running into this trap.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    The enduring mystery is why so few cops have proper training to deal with these 'auditors' in a professional manner. This should be common knowledge in the profession by now. They keep running into this trap.
    There isn't enough time in each year to give 500,000 people training exceeding Law School (a 7 year program- BA/BS + JD)

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I see the auditors as a needed venue to help police the police, to me i see it as an educational exercise.

But i also see the pain PITA that this as well, education is needed. The Constitution should rank very high in the LE arena as well as self defense for the officers. I would not want to be an officer in today's world

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    There isn't enough time in each year to give 500,000 people training exceeding Law School (a 7 year program- BA/BS + JD)

You don't need 7 years of legal training to know what these 1st amendment trolls do and how to recognize them. 1/2 hr training video will do.

Nothing deflates them more than a cop who shows up, introduces himself with name, agency, badge number and tells them that he doesn't care what they do as long as they don't hold up traffic or trespass onto private property.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Give the police more training time or pay the lawsuits when they don’t know.

Part of having a job/career is to be better at your job , even by self learning.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air

Haven't watched the videos. With that said, if we don't audit our rights and make sure they are maintained, they will disappear. I have seen similar "auditors" and while they can be prickly like a porcupine so is the topic so sometimes that is necessary.

I applaud him for fighting to maintain our rights.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Haven't watched the videos. With that said, if we don't audit our rights and make sure they are maintained, they will disappear. I have seen similar "auditors" and while they can be prickly like a porcupine so is the topic so sometimes that is necessary.

I applaud him for fighting to maintain our rights.
    Would you still applaud his efforts if your wife or child needed urgent assistance from an officer but they were dealing with these guys and were delayed?. Thats my issue with this stuff.
    Agreed, there needs to be some level of training for them, but this, in my opinion, is not the way.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Would you still applaud his efforts if your wife or child needed urgent assistance from an officer but they were dealing with these guys and were delayed?. Thats my issue with this stuff.
    Agreed, there needs to be some level of training for them, but this, in my opinion, is not the way.

Of course I wouldn't, but freedom isn't free and it is a fight to maintain it. Part of the problem is that the cops send so many to deal with the auditor. It's not just the cops who need the education, it's all the people who live in those areas and call the cops in the first place.

Just like it scares me to put guns in everyone's hands (because some people are just idiots), I would rather that than putting the gov't in charge of deciding who gets that right and who doesn't. I'm sure some people will die, but in the end the idiots will be in jail and we'll all be better off.

If the "auditors" break the law or distract law enforcement unnecessarily and someone gets hurt then that is the opportunity cost of fighting for our rights IMO. The best I can do is to educate my wife and kids to reduce the chances of it being them.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    From what I see, he's not a troll, he's a Patriot. People in authority/government usually think they don't have to abide by the law, they think they ARE the law. They HATE it when you educate them against their will. Screw 'em.

I dealt with the state threatening to fire me and/or fine me $5000 per day for over a year because I wouldn't provide them with certain information that I wasn't required to provide per their own rules. Every time I pointed out that they were violating their own rules, their answer was "You'll do as you are told". Every time my answer was, "fire/fine me so that I could sue and get rich". When it came down to the wire and they discovered that I had lawyered up, they finally backed down and put it in writing that I did not have to comply. The marlandistan govt is trash.

Last edited:

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind

Callouts are prioritized. A truly dire situation would override their presence here.

Agree with their controversial methods or not, without people like this, the tyrannical sprawl will overtake us all.

Coehorn

MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2024
    Baltimore County
    If the guy we're not on the up and up, this would be a great way to case a place for a future attack.

Door locations. Types of doors. Camera locations. Office locations and the floors they're on. Stairway locations. Exterior windows. Pictures and names on the wall to be used as a hit list.

The list goes on and on.

In this case, the guy comes off as a d!ck who's just begging for negative interactions.

Last edited:

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air

I just watched the video - I actually know the first guy to come up to him - lol

I disagree with your statement completely. The gov't is recording everything we all do in the public locations in the building - what is the issue with the reverse?

He knew he was going to be referred to the police and he knew the police were going to take the stance they did. All of what they did is unlawful because he is in public. He is not the ass, all the people in the video are the asses.

PS - I have no idea if he broke the law. I assume that if he did he would have been arrested so I assume he didn't. Therefore, I also assume that all the employees and the police harassed him for no reason.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    If the guy we're not on the up and up, this would be a great way to case a place for a future attack.

Door locations. Types of doors. Camera locations. Office locations and the floors they're on. Stairway locations. Exterior windows. Pictures and names on the wall to be used as a hit list.

The list goes on and on.

In this case, the guy comes off as a d!ck who's just begging for negative interactions.

If all of that information is so secretive then it shouldn't be in the public areas of the building.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom