• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, did it make a sound?

The law is an effort to do a DeFacto registration of all guns in the state, or as many as they can. It's more in an effort to document gun owners in general because there are a lot of gun owners who don't own pistols and don't plan on owning one.

I know we aren't supposed to talk about such things here on the board, but if a gun predates this sill-assed law by enough time and I know the party I'm selling to, I'll be damned if I'll put paper on a long gun that didn't previously have it.

To paraphrase that first sentence: if a long gun is sold in Maryland and there isn't a State Trooper or FFL to see it, did it really get sold?

Many of the long guns I currently possess are pre-1980s, and I have no clue who the original owners may have been - it's just too far down the line. Those guns are completely off book. Why create a brand new paper trail for the government to follow?

Last edited:

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Can someone point me to wording that confirms this? I have a friend asking me if rifles can be transferred from father in law from out of state.

Being the highly educated cop that I am... I have no clue. I'd like to provide documentation to him, outlining the process and legality.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
    Shhh...

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Completely off book = pre 1968 , and knowing the gun's complete history since then .
    In which state? There's no way to know a gun's complete history over the last 55 years. I know that shotguns and rifles get bought, sold traded, given away, etc, all the time back where I'm from in Nebraska.

There's the law, and then there's what's realistically enforceable. If a tree falls in the woods and a MSP or an FFL aren't there to hear it, did it really get sold?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom