• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngloSaxon

Jan 31, 2013
    Somerset County
    Just looking at the list it looks the most we can muster is 21, really have to turn up the heat on fence sitters, you boys and girls in the Mongomery County, PG, need to pound these clowns representing you. I think we on the Shore can deliver our Democrats but what in the hell is going on with some of these Republicans from Fredrick and such still undecided????

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    D31's Simonaire will oppose it. He's GOP, NRA and representing one of the most Conservative districts in Md. This was Phil Jimeno's old seat and Phil was always Pro-2A and one of our staunchest defenders. I wish he and Walter Baker still on the committee instead of Frosh, Muse and Raskin.

D32- Ed DeGrange was and should still be against it. I haven't seen him at church to ask but I doubt he would flop on us.

Chevy

Sep 6, 2010
    Thanks for the updates. Kinda hard to edit my orignal posts via phone but I'll be sure to as soon as I get home this afternoon.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    From John Astle... Oppose

Thank you for contacting my office to express your opposition of SB 281/ HB294 Firearm Safety Act of 2013. I appreciate your taking the time to share your views on issues that are important to you and I wanted you to know that I am opposed to this legislation.

I believe there has been a marked behavioral shift in America towards violence, and I truly believe America needs to bring back the values of the past.

Today, America's youth are not engaged in the great outdoors; but, instead, are engaged in the great indoors behind closed doors with unfettered access to television, movies, music, video games and the internet.

Our cultural environment must change if we are to combat the behavioral shift towards violence. This would be a noble crusade for a conscientious change, not more gun control imposed on law abiding citizens who are simply exercising their constitutional rights.

If you would like to follow the status of this piece of legislation, I hope you will visit the General Assembly's website at http://mgaleg.maryland.gov. The site provides a wealth of useful information about the legislature, hearing schedules, briefings, and bill information.

I value your opinion and welcome any future comments on this or other matters of interest to you.

Sincerely, Senator John C. Astle

I'm starting to think Mr. Astle or his office doesn't like me. I've contacted his office at least 4 times trying to get his position and nothing, nadda, zip.

I think it's time to schedule some F2F with him.. :mad54:

Beemerguy

Oct 6, 2012
    D31's Simonaire will oppose it. He's GOP, NRA and representing one of the most Conservative districts in Md. This was Phil Jimeno's old seat and Phil was always Pro-2A and one of our staunchest defenders. I wish he and Walter Baker still on the committee instead of Frosh, Muse and Raskin.
    D32- Ed DeGrange was and should still be against it. I haven't seen him at church to ask but I doubt he would flop on us.

Walter Baker lost his Senate seat because the 2A community rose up to smite him, after he let one of Glendenning's pet gun bills get out of committee. So we replaced Senator Baker with E.J. Pipkin, who is a good guy....and Senate President Miller replaced Chairman Baker with Frosh, who has been gleefully hacking away at our rights ever since.

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it...

oupa

Apr 6, 2011
    Mark George Edwards opposed. He represents the most western senate district. As a politician, even if he was personally in favor of gun control (he's not) he'd vote against it.:D

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Walter Baker lost his Senate seat because the 2A community rose up to smite him, after he let one of Glendenning's pet gun bills get out of committee. So we replaced Senator Baker with E.J. Pipkin, who is a good guy....and Senate President Miller replaced Chairman Baker with Frosh, who has been gleefully hacking away at our rights ever since.

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it...

Baker flopped in 1996 on transfers and Pipkin didn't defeat him until 2002 so it took 6 years for you rise up and smite Baker? Try Baker was worn out and didn't have the clout anymore or support from Md DCC.

Except for his 96 flop, Walter and Phil kept a lot of bad bills from coming to the floor and he used to piss off Miller to no end.

I would definitely take a Baker over Frosh, at least Baker would have listened to the testimony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom