• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    How could he? If he had that kind of power while he's in the executive branch then something has gone seriously wrong with the American system of government. The legislative branch definitely isn't going to do it, all he can do by pushing the repeal of SB281 is lose political capital.

stop that non sense... he is our savior!

lol

Mr H

Banana'd
    "First of all, we're not going to do anything to roll back any of the gun laws that have already been passed."

This is important.

IMO, this is coded language (as was much of what he said about 2A during the campaign).

While it is literally true, it doesn't necessarily mean what it appears to.

Let him make his plans, and we'll make ours as information comes out. We'll all be ready when the time comes.

BrotherOfTheRepublic

Jun 27, 2014
    Baltimore County
    Well I know what he's reportedly said while speaking with people from MD shooters. But, I also know what he's said publicly over and over again. I'm just as glad as the rest of you that he's in office and Brown is not. But, I'm not going to turn a blind eye to him just because he's a republican. I felt it necessary to try to make my voice heard and you guys probably agree with most of the things I said in the youtube comment, "We want SB281 GONE, we want it easier to get a concealed carry permit, we want the HQL gone, we want to be able to buy certain rifles again, we want our STANDARD capacity 30 round magazines. " Whether or not you think me posting my opinion on his social media account was right or wrong, I felt it was right and I will speak my mind regardless.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I realize that face to face meetings are more powerful in persuasion than comments on youtube. But don't under estimate the power of social media.

To force him to walk away.. trust me. It will back fire esp if we get idiots joining in.

We can't stop the idiots. But we give them credibility they would not have if we join them.

I will not be joining them.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Well I know what he's reportedly said while speaking with people from MD shooters. But, I also know what he's said publicly over and over again. I'm just as glad as the rest of you that he's in office and Brown is not. But, I'm not going to turn a blind eye to him just because he's a republican. I felt it necessary to try to make my voice heard and you guys probably agree with most of the things I said in the youtube comment, "We want SB281 GONE, we want it easier to get a concealed carry permit, we want the HQL gone, we want to be able to buy certain rifles again, we want our STANDARD capacity 30 round magazines. " Whether or not you think me posting my opinion on his social media account was right or wrong, I felt it was right and I will speak my mind regardless.

Let's clarify something.. no one is trying to shut you up.

I am trying to explain that you can do more in a private letter saying exactly the same thing. By calling him out publicly you look like you are trying to box him in, which frankly you are , and in so doing imply a lack of trust on your part and he has not even formed transition team let alone announced policy

Do that to me , and I will throw you out of my house. Show respect to get respect.

Of course in private mail there is no such stigma..at worst you will be jumping the gun...but far fewer trust issues arise.

I hope you will come to see the difference..

BrotherOfTheRepublic

Jun 27, 2014
    Baltimore County
    Let's clarify something.. no one is trying to shut you up.

I am trying to explain that you can do more in a private letter saying exactly the same thing. By calling him out publicly you look like you are trying to box him in, which frankly you are , and in so doing imply a lack of trust on your part and he has not even formed transition team let alone announced policy

Do that to me , and I will throw you out of my house. Show respect to get respect.

Of course in private mail there is no such stigma..at worst you will be jumping the gun...but far fewer trust issues arise.

I hope you will come to see the difference..

Don't get me wrong, I understand exactly where all of you are coming from. But, I inherently do not trust politicians so it might come off that way. I did mention that I am a supporter of his in my comment though.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Hogan is keenly aware of the barriers we face. He's even knowledgable on publicly inane topics like how the FFL dealers are not the point of contact for Handgun sales in Maryland and of the redundancy in the MSP. He brought this up during an interview with Derek Hunter about a month ago.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    His actions are going to be decided based on meetings, not Youtube comments. Just let MSI do its thing.

Thank you, but there needs to be an "and" added to your statement.

And AGC
    And MSRPA
    And The Western MD Sportmans Assoc.
    And Shannon.

OK, several "ands".....

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Thank you, but there needs to be an "and" added to your statement.

And AGC
    And MSRPA
    And The Western MD Sportmans Assoc.
    And Shannon.

OK, several "ands".....

It's all of us. What is better is that everyone from these organizations works pretty damn well together.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama

How about loosen your panties, have a cold beer, sit back and relax and let the man get sworn in before acting the whiney 3 year old ass. There are things he can do with a pen and things he can't. In the meantime let him build his cabinet and actually take over as governor. He's got a crapton more on his plate than you do I'm sure.

You people that want instant results and want to start pressuring the newly elected guy before he's has a chance to do more than take a well deserved nap after the election crack me up.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    It's all of us. What is better is that everyone from these organizations works pretty damn well together.

Yes, we do, and we are getting ready to get geared up for this legislative session early.

BrotherOfTheRepublic

Jun 27, 2014
    Baltimore County
    How about loosen your panties, have a cold beer, sit back and relax and let the man get sworn in before acting the whiney 3 year old ass. There are things he can do with a pen and things he can't. In the meantime let him build his cabinet and actually take over as governor. He's got a crapton more on his plate than you do I'm sure.

You people that want instant results and want start pressuring the newly elected guy before he's has a chance to do more than take a well deserved nap after the election crack me up.

Nobody is asking for instant results. Just stating facts and opinions. I'm pretty sure I already said nothing is going to happen over night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom