• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 15carbine15

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 5, 2014
    Prince George's County
    Aren't you forgetting his unfunded Universal Pre-K? That fantasy also sank him. People vote on multiple issues. But I digress...

Write away - it certainly can't hurt to try to make our needs known. After all, we helped to get the Gov-Elect where he is.

Yeah man that gun control and Pre k stuff is played out. These kids don't need better Pre k lol. They need better teachers and more hands on parents who will actually sit-down at home and help them study and learn from home aswell as school. This advanced Pre k will have no effect IMO. My niece is just fine without this advanced Pre k.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Hogan also appointed Blair Lee who is a Frosh loving douchbag. Not a good pick.

Blair is good EXCEPT ON GUNS which makes him very bad! Anti and Conservative don't mix, never will. He is a "conservative Dem." He refuses to abandon the party because he realizes his opinion will become meaningless to most in this state!

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    Yeah man that gun control and Pre k stuff is played out. These kids don't need better Pre k lol. They need better teachers and more hands on parents who will actually sit-down at home and help them study and learn from home aswell as school. This advanced Pre k will have no effect IMO. My niece is just fine without this advanced Pre k.

You are half right.

We have plenty of very good teachers, my wife happens to be one...you are correct though on the need for more hands on parents.

The real issue is kids being tossed into schools that have no business being there. A big chunk of the kindergarten kids at my wife's school speak no freaking English....nor do their parents...yet the teachers and admins at the school are expected to teach them....:mad54:

Discipline is also a HUGE issue. The police are routinely called to my wife's school to deal with out of control 8-10 year old kids. Had to call them just last week.....and when the police called the parent....she flat out refused to come to school and hung up on the cop....I can't imagine why anyone would want to take up teaching in the future!!!

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    You are half right.

We have plenty of very good teachers, my wife happens to be one...you are correct though on the need for more hands on parents.

The real issue is kids being tossed into schools that have no business being there. A big chunk of the kindergarten kids at my wife's school speak no freaking English....nor do their parents...yet the teachers and admins at the school are expected to teach them....:mad54:

Discipline is also a HUGE issue. The police are routinely called to my wife's school to deal with out of control 8-10 year old kids. Had to call them just last week.....and when the police called the parent....she flat out refused to come to school and hung up on the cop....I can't imagine why anyone would want to take up teaching in the future!!!

If needing to call the police on 8-10 year olds doesn't tell you that your society is taking the high speed trip into the crapper nothing does.

Not even sure what to say about the parent hanging up on the cop. Would probably do us all a favor by launching that parent and kid on the next spacecraft heading to a comet....and leaving them on the comet.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    If needing to call the police on 8-10 year olds doesn't tell you that your society is taking the high speed trip into the crapper nothing does.

Not even sure what to say about the parent hanging up on the cop. Would probably do us all a favor by launching that parent and kid on the next spacecraft heading to a comet....and leaving them on the comet.

Unfortunately, the parent's actions here are likely what caused the 8-10 yr old to become who they are. Launch the parent, and place the kid into a loving family.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    My wife is also a public school teacher, both in inner-city DC and inner-city Bmore and now the county. My kid went to 1st grade in a chronically under-performing city school so I got to see the problem first-hand. It's not the teachers, or the curriculum, or the amount of funding.

The biggest single factor in a student's performance is their parents and their influence (or lack thereof). It's quite simple, as long as parents treat school as subsidized daycare and don't take an interest in homework or pushing their kids to do well... most will fall behind. The system can't fix what happens at home. That's why discussion of universal pre-K is laughable, yet one more program that would miss the mark because it didn't address the core issue.

My wife had to deal with some horrible behavioral issues. When parents came in, the general stance was "why did you flunk my child/why did you get them suspended"? It's not the kids fault, or the parent's fault, it's the teacher's. The stories she told were just depressing. There's a reason she doesn't teach in the city anymore.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009

All you can do is scratch your head and say WTF. The school she teaches at used to be one of the best in Baltimore county...now the police are routinely called a couple times a month...elementary school is becoming little more than a baby sitting service.....it certainly doesn't any longer seem to be a learning environment..........

15carbine15

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 5, 2014
    Prince George's County
    You are half right.

Nobody was saying your wires a bad teacher/ every teacher needs to be replaced. I know quite a few teachers who are morons here in PG County. And many others who don't even care to build a relationship with the student.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I have taught for 18 years in md. If another opportunity presented itself I would seriously consider leaving teaching.

TD

15carbine15

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 5, 2014
    Prince George's County
    I have taught for 18 years in md. If another opportunity presented itself I would seriously consider leaving teaching.

TD

I feel your frustration. It's sad when good teachers want out of Maryland. It's unfortunate to many neglectful parents are sending there wild and untamed to you guys and girls classrooms without any home training.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom