• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I'm excited about Hogan. He seems to be coming out of the gate with a bang, and it looks like he's going to play to win.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Yeppers ...

This!

We know you didn't want to vote for him and while we are from the dark side we are not him. Come on over if you want to see a change.

That and Hogan's people have EVERY Brown-disparaging video comment that was uttered during the primaries of Gansler and Mizeur, to be placed in TV ads starting in Sept. In fact, it's started already ...

I love when DemocRATS get down an dirty with each other ... on camera.

Last edited:

Independence

long member
    Jul 16, 2008
    Nottingham
    Hogan's message will work IF it goes after the elephant in the room: the budget.

Between 2009 and 2013 the state budget increased by 15 percent (32 - 37 billion) and what do the people have to show for it? More taxes to cover shortfalls from misappropriation, fraud, and failure. If the focus is on that for a solid 5 months, they have a very good chance.

That has to be the focus. Put the bug in the ear now for voters and they will be chanting it as they get into line to vote.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Hogan's message will work IF it goes after the elephant in the room: the budget.

Between 2009 and 2013 the state budget increased by 15 percent (32 - 37 billion) and what do the people have to show for it? More taxes to cover shortfalls from misappropriation, fraud, and failure. If the focus is on that for a solid 5 months, they have a very good chance.

That has to be the focus. Put the bug in the ear now for voters and they will be chanting it as they get into line to vote.

That's what he's been doing.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    That's what he's been doing.

And yet the media is focusing on a "supposed" insult of a guy that died of cancer.

Hogan can count on the media to make things as difficult as they can for him.

He has to reach the voters directly through his own means.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Oh yeah, Hogan will get no help from the media, and I think he knows that.

I've been impressed that throughout his campaign, he has given the media relatively little ammo on him. So far the only thing I've seen from his campaign not related to the budget or fiscal policy is the statement on the Redskins name. He seems to know where Brown is weak, and is striking there.

The risk to that is he hasn't thrown any red meat to conservatives. It's a risk, but if he wins, his campaign will probably become a Master Class on how to campaign in blue states.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Thank you for that bright ray of hope, encouragement, and optimism. You better hope you're right or else you're gonna have to start sewing zippers on the sleeves of all your shirts.

There's enough pessimism and apathy to go around already; don't need more. Quit pissin on the fire.

Hogan has as much chance of winning as I do of growing a spare penis on my right shoulder...

There is no way - NO WAY - a Republican will ever govern Maryland again.

Not with 82% of the state registered as democrat. Forget it. Not gonna happen.

Dec 31, 2012
    Hogan has as much chance of winning as I do of growing a spare penis on my right shoulder...

There is no way - NO WAY - a Republican will ever govern Maryland again.

Not with 82% of the state registered as democrat. Forget it. Not gonna happen.

piss ------> cornflakes

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    I'm trying to stay optimistic. I like what I hear from Hogan. But the Democrat machine in this state will do everything it can to bury him.

Brown is a pretty terrible candidate so Hogan has a shot. But the libs in this state really want to elect the first (half) black governor and don't care that he has nothing in his political resume'

I actually like the guy from a personal standpoint. Harvard educated, military vet, seems like a decent guy. But every time I hear him speak he just sounds like an empty suit.

Hogan is going to hammer him real good. Then all the Brown ads will reply that Hogan is a Republican who want to kill immigrants, rob old people of social security, and set black people back to the age of Jim Crow. It's a tried and true method that works in a state full of democrat robots (voters)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom