• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • andimorony

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    At the risk of catching hell, I'd like to buy an AR-15 that is distinctive to me. I am not a fan of pepto pink or hello kitty nonsense.

I do like the Pink Muddy Girl style but will consider anything with a little style. It doesnt have to be pink. (But apparently thats the only thing that's out there).

No, I am NOT doing my own build (I will pay a gunsmith if I can--then I know its done right!)

That said--anyone know where I can get one or have other advice?

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    Distinctive to you how? Color? Options? Weight?

Something I've been considering lately is very lightweight but not SBR uppers to make a very light and rearward balanced AR which may be comfortable for smaller shooters, women and children.

As far as personalization, you could get any rifle you buy and or get someone to assemble for you cerakoted or hit it with some Aervoe or Krylon.

andimorony

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    Distinctive to you how? Color? Options? Weight?

Something I've been considering lately is very lightweight but not SBR uppers to make a very light and rearward balanced AR which may be comfortable for smaller shooters, women and children.

As far as personalization, you could get any rifle you buy and or get someone to assemble for you cerakoted or hit it with some Aervoe or Krylon.

Aesthetically. I'll get it chambered according to my goal...I am thinking one for range use should be the "fun" design. Sure as hell can't go in the woods as a self respecting deer hunter with a Pepto Pink rifle!!!!!! ;-) Can you imagine?! :lol2::lol2:

Thanks for responding...I am only just starting to research options and technicals but that will be easier than aesthetics for me :)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    bedazzle it? lol

colengor nails it. find a specific color you want.. cerakote it. :)

Yep, cerakote is probably going to give you what you want. You can do it with a factory AR. If you don't like Hello Kitty, maybe My Little Pony? :D

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I don't really know of any other female oriented stuff other than what you already mentioned.

Have you thought about a light weight build with normal colors?

Also, if you put in the leg work. Assembling it yourself will assure it's put tougher correctly.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    I've seen red and blue models used in competitions. You can pick any color and get it customized to whatever you like. The best thing about AR's is you can make it into whatever you want.

Have fun!

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    Aesthetically, it depends on your budget. If you can swing it, you can get an entire rifle cerakoted in a solid color or in a pattern of your choice. Or if you can't swing it, hitting it with some spraypaint in your color choice will give you a cheaper option.

If you're looking to deer hunt with it, and you're in MD, you'll need a longer barrel and/or handloaded .223/5.56. Or you can chamber the rifle in something like 300 AAC Blackout or 6.8SPC and there are loads that should make the 1200 ft-lbs of muzzle energy required for hunting deer in MD.

andimorony

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    bedazzle it? lol

colengor nails it. find a specific color you want.. cerakote it. :)

Okay this is not good! You are the second person in twenty four hours to tell me to do that to my guns! I am not that batshit crazy but it is funny!!:lol2::lol2:

andimorony

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    I don't really know of any other female oriented stuff other than what you already mentioned.

Have you thought about a light weight build with normal colors?

Also, if you put in the leg work. Assembling it yourself will assure it's put tougher correctly.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Lightweight= YES! Normal colors--will have plenty of that!

I hear what you are saying on the assembling it myself but I don't know ONE thing about it and frankly, I was thinking I'd ask one of my favorite Gunsmiths to do it (for a price, of course). I am really trying to do alot of learning (tactical, precision and reloading) already and don't want to take this one on right now.

I'm glad you asked thought because it made me think about it!

andimorony

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    I've seen red and blue models used in competitions. You can pick any color and get it customized to whatever you like. The best thing about AR's is you can make it into whatever you want.

Have fun!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:party29::party29::party29:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Okay this is not good! You are the second person in twenty four hours to tell me to do that to my guns! I am not that batshit crazy but it is funny!!:lol2::lol2:

I swear.. There is a lady in my tkd class.. She bedazzle everything. Don't think it can be done but I was proven wrong. Lol.

andimorony

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    Aesthetically, it depends on your budget. If you can swing it, you can get an entire rifle cerakoted in a solid color or in a pattern of your choice. Or if you can't swing it, hitting it with some spraypaint in your color choice will give you a cheaper option.

If you're looking to deer hunt with it, and you're in MD, you'll need a longer barrel and/or handloaded .223/5.56. Or you can chamber the rifle in something like 300 AAC Blackout or 6.8SPC and there are loads that should make the 1200 ft-lbs of muzzle energy required for hunting deer in MD.

This one is strictly a "for fun" (aka "range") gun.

Question: How do I find people in MD who will Cerakote? Is this a Gunsmithing thing or something else entirely?

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    Some lightweight builds that I've been looking into lately:
    14.5" lightweight barrel (I think this one used a daniel defense CHF one) with geissele MK4 rail and pinned battlecomp 1.5 [From m4carbine.net user Trident]

Attachments

• b147e787-0e1e-49fe-b9bc-cb3edd3ff13e_zps8f9656ee.jpg
      b147e787-0e1e-49fe-b9bc-cb3edd3ff13e_zps8f9656ee.jpg
      97.6 KB · Views: 365

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Can't wait to see what you come up with...

I was thinking of getting a special paint job with a color fade for the one I'm gonna build. I hear Bollinger's up in Carroll County does custom paint jobs.

andimorony

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    I swear.. There is a lady in my tkd class.. She bedazzle everything. Don't think it can be done but I was proven wrong. Lol.

I have seen some pretty strange things bedazzled but I draw the line at firearms! lol

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    Essentially the same as the above but with a Centurion Arms CMR 14" rail installed, it's like an ounce or two lighter than the one with the Geissele SMR.

Attachments

• 8729944263_91c3988a3e_z.jpg
      8729944263_91c3988a3e_z.jpg
      22.4 KB · Views: 354

andimorony

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    Some lightweight builds that I've been looking into lately:
    14.5" lightweight barrel (I think this one used a daniel defense CHF one) with geissele MK4 rail and pinned battlecomp 1.5 [From m4carbine.net user Trident]

Neat! (But in a different color, LOL)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom