• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    But they will not concede that, hence the stripped lower decision.

But they'll have to... Otherwise the only thing they can say is that it's the lighter barrel that makes the regular AR significantly more dangerous and worthy of a ban while the heavy barrel is all roses and rainbows. Even by 'liberal logic' that's nothing but a "just because" ban. Even after all the BS I've seen, I still think it would surprise me to see even a liberal judge uphold that (though I'm not sure why...).

Joe Blow

Joe Blow
    Feb 2, 2012
    Southern MD
    Isn't the fact that they said something was prohibited, and now they back track, enough to strike this law down. My right was infringed upon for 9 months. We all knew this would be a clusterf*!k, but the vagueness of this law and the dedication of good people has already proved lowers to be legal without a trial. What else are they prohibiting because even they don't understand.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Isn't the fact that they said something was prohibited, and now they back track, enough to strike this law down. My right was infringed upon for 9 months. We all knew this would be a clusterf*!k, but the vagueness of this law and the dedication of good people has already proved lowers to be legal without a trial. What else are they prohibiting because even they don't understand.

No, because what they are doing is covered under the "Designated by the Secretary" portion of the law. Since it is not spelled out in law, nor is it spelled out in COMAR, it needs to be challenged at every turn and every chance we get.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Walking out the door in a couple of minutes. See you all there.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I'm just a grunt, wind me up, point me in a direction and tell me to go.

This is a group effort, across the board, from the group that is the "great satan" where this state is concerned, to the state organizations, to the three dealers that are putting a lot on the line, all the way down to the three individuals that put their names on the line.

We will do our level best to have crop notes later today, and a full update by COB tomorrow.

Mr H

Banana'd
    We know this won't be the end of it, barring something phenomenal one way or the other, but hats off to all who are investing so much in this sorely needed fight.

I wish I could be there alongside you, but can't... so I'll send strength, good vibes, and cautiously high hopes.

JoshAGRMD

Jul 22, 2014
    So I posted over on American Gun Rights - Maryland a post from 2A In MD that says the defense actually said that the AR platform is one of the most common firearms in use today.

Just asking, but didn't they just lose the case, or any case, that goes against the AR with that statement? Heller vs Washington DC comes to mind where the judge ruled that any firearm that is popular, and in regular use, can not be banned. Or maybe I just read the court ruling incorrectly.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    So I posted over on American Gun Rights - Maryland a post from 2A In MD that says the defense actually said that the AR platform is one of the most common firearms in use today.

Just asking, but didn't they just lose the case, or any case, that goes against the AR with that statement? Heller vs Washington DC comes to mind where the judge ruled that any firearm that is popular, and in regular use, can not be banned. Or maybe I just read the court ruling incorrectly.

There is an MSP document from the 90's which says the same thing. Even then they knew it was among the most common firearms in use. They apparently think they can make an argument for "public safety" being a valid reason for banning them. The State also has unlimited (your) money and teams of lawyers on the payroll. They have nothing to lose.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom