• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    To the contrary, that is exactly what will happen. There is no conflict. Don't forget that the AG is a separately elected official from the Gov.

How about Hogan's ability to control the funding of the defense of the lawsuit? Could that have an impact in your opinion?

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Hogan will have hire a special lawyer, to keep Frosh out of the mix.

That twist would make this case even more interesting :D

I have a bar membership from the brewpub down the street, and I'll defend SB281 at the CA for $50 and some M855. I just might miss some filing deadlines, call the judges poopyheads in both written and verbal communication, and concede every major point to the plaintiff. Good thing I don't like the brewpub that much as I'd get disbarred afterwards...

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    How about Hogan's ability to control the funding of the defense of the lawsuit? Could that have an impact in your opinion?

Ain't going to happen. The budget for the AG's office is passed by the GA. Will Hogan veto it for this reason (or any reason)? No way.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Nope. Why would he be recused? Certainly not because he helped pass a law that the State is now defending. No conflict of interest there. But, I doubt that Frosh would do the argument. Appellate argument calls for a unique skill set, plainly not his forte. He would be wise to to let senior counsel in his office handle argument.

Who says Frosh is wise? Having seen his ego first hand in hearings, floor debate, etc. I can almost see him wanting to protect "his" baby by taking the reigns himself. After all, that's probably the main reason he wanted to be AG.

We can always hope.

MrNiceGuy

Dec 9, 2013
    Ain't going to happen. The budget for the AG's office is passed by the GA. Will Hogan veto it for this reason (or any reason)? No way.

Understand it can't happen, but that would be hilarious.

"Oh I'm sorry Frosh, you wanted a paycheck sometime this year? Yeah sorry no budget. Also your phones and electricity are gone, as is your indoor plumbing. You could always quit..."

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Who says Frosh is wise? Having seen his ego first hand in hearings, floor debate, etc. I can almost see him wanting to protect "his" baby by taking the reigns himself. After all, that's probably the main reason he wanted to be AG.

We can always hope.

Frosh is a very smart guy. Know your enemy.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    I have a bar membership from the brewpub down the street, and I'll defend SB281 at the CA for $50 and some M855. I just might miss some filing deadlines, call the judges poopyheads in both written and verbal communication, and concede every major point to the plaintiff. Good thing I don't like the brewpub that much as I'd get disbarred afterwards...

lol

krucam

Ultimate Member
    A motion to extend the State's response was asked for and granted.

11/20/2014 50 CONSENT/STIPULATION by Appellees Marcus L. Brown, Douglas F. Gansler, Maryland State Police and Martin J. O'Malley to extend filing time for response brief until Response brief until 12/31/2014; Reply brief until 1/16/2015. [14-1945] Matthew Fader

11/20/2014 51 ORDER filed [999479263] granting Motion to extend filing time [50], updating/ resuming briefing order deadlines. Response brief due 12/31/2014, updating/resuming reply brief deadlines Reply brief due 01/16/2015 Copies to all parties.. [14-1945] (TW)

State Response Brief is now due 12/31/14, the Kolbe Reply Brief will be due 1/16/15.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom