• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ovechtrick

Mar 7, 2011
    Montgomery County
    I currently have a Kahr CW9 with a DeSantis Sof-Tuck IWB holster and am not really happy with it. I love the pistol and how thin it is, but in combination with this holster the overall shape and size makes the setup bulky and limits the positions and locations on my waist where I can wear it.

Can anyone recommend some IWB holsters that they know to be extremely thin & low profile? Or does anyone know of a place that may have holsters in stock to look at in person before spending another $50-100 to try something that may not work?

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    My favorite choice is the Remora, which is ultra-low profile and stays in place surprisingly well. Get the one with the reinforced mouth to help with reholstering. DeSantis now makes their own version of this style, so it must be getting popular. But if you do anything really physical (running) or start sweating, it can tend to shift around. Upside is it is very easy to put in place or remove if you are driving or doing any amount of sitting.

PJ Holsters makes a solid, simple kydex holster I'm happy with. It's a little bulkier but has a belt clip. They have a waiting list.

Billman

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    May 18, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    I'm a fan of the Crossbreed holsters, they're a hybrid of leather and kydex.
    Wasting cash on several different holsters before finding the right one is very common.
    By the way, great choice with CW9

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    I have a mini-tuck Crossbreed and an Alien Gear IWB for differnt compact guns. I like them both. Prefer the mini-tuck but Alien Gear was cheaper and good value for the money (longer wait time though)

Ovechtrick

Mar 7, 2011
    Montgomery County
    My favorite choice is the Remora, which is ultra-low profile and stays in place surprisingly well. Get the one with the reinforced mouth to help with reholstering. DeSantis now makes their own version of this style, so it must be getting popular. But if you do anything really physical (running) or start sweating, it can tend to shift around. Upside is it is very easy to put in place or remove if you are driving or doing any amount of sitting.

PJ Holsters makes a solid, simple kydex holster I'm happy with. It's a little bulkier but has a belt clip. They have a waiting list.

I think the mouth reinforcement is the issue with the Sof-tuck holster that I have. It helps keep the mouth open which makes the holster wider at the area where is sits on the inside of my waistband. I guess what I'm looking for is a holster with really thin leather / material and something that will barely be wider than the pistol.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    I have a crossbreed super tuck and an alien gear and like both. The crossbreed is a little nicer but also cost over twice as much. Both are comfortable all day and support the weight of my sp101 very well. The plus for the alien gear is you can order more Kydex shells for other pistols and easily put them on your existing leather backing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom