• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jul 1, 2012
    Got this 1903 Model M today, when I logged it in I was shocked, shocked I say, to see it's been over a year since I got an old Colt.
    Looks better in person than the pics (and better than auction pics), with the charcoal blue high polish finish in pretty good shape.
    Very frustrating to take representative pics of these guns!
    Nice grip straps, and all the pins look unmolested - usually at least one is boogered up, esp the extractor pin.
    An interesting sub-variation, a very early Type III with the screw-type thumb safety, which was changed soon after this gun
    (this screw-type was used on all the Type I's and Type II's).

Fortunately everyone was asleep at the wheel or something and it slid by at about half what I think it's worth.

Finally, got something for a Mawkie price :)

Attachments

• mds1b.jpg
      mds1b.jpg
      57.9 KB · Views: 349
    • mds2b.jpg
      mds2b.jpg
      58.5 KB · Views: 346
    • mds5.jpg
      mds5.jpg
      32.3 KB · Views: 345

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    Cool pick up!

When you have time, would you mind throwing up a picture of your new PPK with your P-64 that you've mentioned in the past? I'm wondering if not only the design and look were derived from the PP, but am curious about proportions (even if they shoot different rounds).

Glad to do it! Posted in a [thread=180514]new thread[/thread].

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Found this Turk on GB for 175 so I grabbed it. It has a nice shiny bore except for a spot of pitting about an inch back from the muzzle. About a half inch of deep pitting. We will see how well it shoots.... I think it will still do OK.

It was neglected and had a lot of active pitting under the woodline. I spent a couple hours cleaning that up so hopefully it won't come back.

Other than that, solid stock, tight headspace, smooth bolt, matching except for the bolt. I like it, for a shooter.

Attachments

• Left.jpg
      Left.jpg
      52.3 KB · Views: 269
    • Right.jpg
      Right.jpg
      50.7 KB · Views: 291

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Catching up on some photo posting ...

Important notes:

• For all of you Feds who monitor this forum, the grenade is INERT!
    • This is an all-numbers-matching rifle ... almost. The bolt cover is 49 digits off from the rest of the rifle. I'm not going to lose sleep over that.

Attachments

• AA_Yugo_SKS_GL.jpg
      AA_Yugo_SKS_GL.jpg
      35.1 KB · Views: 232
    • AA_Yugo_SKS_left.jpg
      AA_Yugo_SKS_left.jpg
      18.2 KB · Views: 233
    • AA_Yugo_SKS_Lt_2.jpg
      AA_Yugo_SKS_Lt_2.jpg
      34.6 KB · Views: 227
    • AA_Yugo_SKS_Lt_3.jpg
      AA_Yugo_SKS_Lt_3.jpg
      45.1 KB · Views: 239
    • AA_Yugo_SKS_Lt_4.jpg
      AA_Yugo_SKS_Lt_4.jpg
      57.6 KB · Views: 233
    • AA_Yugo_SKS_Lt_5.jpg
      AA_Yugo_SKS_Lt_5.jpg
      79.3 KB · Views: 236
    • AA_Yugo_SKS_Lt_6.jpg
      AA_Yugo_SKS_Lt_6.jpg
      53.5 KB · Views: 231
    • AA_Yugo_SKS_Lt_7.jpg
      AA_Yugo_SKS_Lt_7.jpg
      73.6 KB · Views: 227

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    See if this story sounds familiar ...

A year or two ago, I bought a Hakim. Before long, I found some surplus 8mm ammo (Turkish?) that I bought to shoot out of the Hakim. There was a lot of it. After shooting a few rounds out of the Hakim, I decided that I just wasn't comfortable shooting that stuff in a semi-auto ... so I naturally had to buy a bolt-action rifle to shoot that ammo.

I'm sure it's perfectly logical to you guys, even though my wife doesn't understand higher-level reasoning of this sort. Her thinking was that I should sell the surplus ammo, and have money back, rather than spending more money on a rifle.

Women!

Anyway ... here's the Yugo 24/47 that I finally got so I could use the ammo. All numbers match except for the bolt ... dammit!

Attachments

• AA_24_47_1.jpg
      AA_24_47_1.jpg
      18.1 KB · Views: 228
    • AA_24_47_2.jpg
      AA_24_47_2.jpg
      46 KB · Views: 222
    • AA_24_47_3.jpg
      AA_24_47_3.jpg
      40.3 KB · Views: 224
    • AA_24_47_4.jpg
      AA_24_47_4.jpg
      68.7 KB · Views: 217
    • AA_24_47_5.jpg
      AA_24_47_5.jpg
      122.7 KB · Views: 218
    • AA_24_47_6.jpg
      AA_24_47_6.jpg
      77 KB · Views: 223
    • AA_24_47_7.jpg
      AA_24_47_7.jpg
      65.1 KB · Views: 218
    • AA_24_47_8.jpg
      AA_24_47_8.jpg
      62.1 KB · Views: 222

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    In keeping with the same flawless logic that had me buy the Yugo M24-47, I had the opportunity to buy a rather large batch of Swedish training ammo ... the stuff with the red wooden bullets. My thinking then (and still is) that it could be re-purposed with new powder and real boolitz, but I kinda wanted to shoot some of it, too.

But I didn't want to shoot it out of my good Swedes, so ....

I dropped into a pawn shop (not usually the best place to buy firearms) and they had this very cruddy-looking Gustaf Mauser. It was cheap ... surprisingly cheap ... so I looked it over and figured it would clean up rather nicely.

I went back the next day and bought it ... cheap! ... and it cleaned up perhaps a little bit too well. Now I'm wondering if I don't need a worse-looking gun for shooting those little red wooden bullets?

In the meantime, while the pawn shop was doing my paperwork for the rifle I looked around and spotted an Astra 600 ... not so cheap. In fact, it was on the high side for an Astra 600, but this one had a 4-digit serial no. That trip to the pawn store just got a lot more expensive! Took it home and cleaned the grunge off it to reveal the Waffenampt that verifies it was one of only about 10,000 that the Germans actually got, and proofed, during WWII.

Attachments

• AA_CG_1.jpg
      AA_CG_1.jpg
      17.4 KB · Views: 215
    • AA_CG_2.jpg
      AA_CG_2.jpg
      72.2 KB · Views: 217

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Finally (because I'm too lazy to take more photos), earlier I mentioned a 1951 Colt M1911 that I picked up. It had faux pearl handgrips on it, and someone appeared to have tried to scrape some small rust "blooms" off it with a knife. But any Colt 1911 needs a chance, so it followed me home.

It's still a work in progress. The grips are temporary until I find the correct originals for this particular gun (pricey!). I've touched up the scratches so that the are not so glaring, but without doing anything to the rest of the intact bluing. It will never be a beauty queen, but someone did an amazing trigger job on this one ... it's as nice a shooter as I've ever had!

Attachments

• IMG_1420.jpg
      IMG_1420.jpg
      57.5 KB · Views: 215
    • IMG_1421.jpg
      IMG_1421.jpg
      59.2 KB · Views: 218

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Finally (because I'm too lazy to take more photos), earlier I mentioned a 1951 Colt M1911 that I picked up. It had faux pearl handgrips on it, and someone appeared to have tried to scrape some small rust "blooms" off it with a knife. But any Colt 1911 needs a chance, so it followed me home.
    It's still a work in progress. The grips are temporary until I find the correct originals for this particular gun (pricey!). I've touched up the scratches so that the are not so glaring, but without doing anything to the rest of the intact bluing. It will never be a beauty queen, but someone did an amazing trigger job on this one ... it's as nice a shooter as I've ever had!

Nice score.:thumbsup:

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Ok, got a rifle today that I'm pretty proud of. It is a Finn M91, with a Czech receiver. You can see this marking:

'S' [Czech Lion] '4'. This Czech military acceptance mark was used between 1919-22, the #4 indicates Military District Hradec Kralove.

(info taken from http://www.hungariae.com/FromStop.htm)

Sorry for the crap cell phone pictures. I did find a better place to take pics in my house, but was still too lazy to break out the digital camera.

Attachments

• Rec markings.jpg
      Rec markings.jpg
      54.1 KB · Views: 190
    • S Lion 4.jpg
      S Lion 4.jpg
      51.2 KB · Views: 191
    • Left Rec full.jpg
      Left Rec full.jpg
      36.9 KB · Views: 192
    • Right Full.jpg
      Right Full.jpg
      29 KB · Views: 188
    • L rear nice.jpg
      L rear nice.jpg
      41.1 KB · Views: 192
    • SA.jpg
      SA.jpg
      57.6 KB · Views: 202

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Thank you! It is really growing on me. Only took 13 days to get here, too!

Thanks USPS! They had me sweating bullets. They scanned it when it left Maryland, and it went 11 days without being scanned or updated in ANY way. Seller called USPS for me, they basically said "JUST WAIT LONGER!" (you get bonus points if you read that in Jim Carey's voice)

Then out of the blue, it showed up in Kansas. Two days later and it was here.

Ridiculous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom