• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Has anyone had any problems with the ATF giving them grief over 77r legibility? I have access to a $30k machine for scanning and the serial number for my lower is still incredibly hard to make out. I have a purchse order, but that doesn't include a serial number. Ahhh....so frustrating.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Has anyone had any problems with the ATF giving them grief over 77r legibility? I have access to a $30k machine for scanning and the serial number for my lower is still incredibly hard to make out. I have a purchse order, but that doesn't include a serial number. Ahhh....so frustrating.

Still don't think they will accept a purchase order after todays conversation. Focus was on the handgun roster and how MD defines the SBR. My purchase order does have the serial number on it though....

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Still don't think they will accept a purchase order after todays conversation. Focus was on the handgun roster and how MD defines the SBR. My purchase order does have the serial number on it though....

I just read that after posting, thanks. Quite disturbing - doesn't look like the dust is anywhere near settled on this.

fire_medic

Nov 16, 2008
    Calvert County
    How is this with SBR's that would meet the >29 AOL on a
    pre 10/1 lower? If I understand correctly if it meets the
    >29 AOL then it would be approved. Thinking of contacting
    MSP about obtaining a better copy of the 77r.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    How is this with SBR's that would meet the >29 AOL on a
    pre 10/1 lower? If I understand correctly if it meets the
    >29 AOL then it would be approved. Thinking of contacting
    MSP about obtaining a better copy of the 77r.

The one I'm applying for is 31" OAL. Its running into the same problem as under 29" OAL guns. Without clear guidance from MSP, ATF does not want to approve the Form 1 SBR's so that they don't risk putting us at odds with Marylands law. They are trying to understand as we are and if they can't get a straight answer, you know we won't.. Which is currently been the case.

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    The moving target aspect of this is what is so frustrating. You submit paperwork 8 months ago for something that has been commonly done. They change the laws, the process, and even the type of weapon while your paperwork is submitted.

They can basically change the rules on the fly. Just another great way way to limit what you can own/build.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    Maybe instead of jerking us all around MSP should go research how much crime has ever been committed by someone with a legal SBR. I was going to submit paper form 1's but I guess I'll wait.

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    If it is over 29" and has a matching pistol/sbr model on the roster, it should breeze through. My AR and ACR stamps were approved with no issues.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Its 31" OAL based off my calcs.. I was just talking to Mr. Cook yesterday and he brought up concern with the handgun roster. I did get something in writing from Cpl Edwards stating I would have to submit to the handgun roster if I sold the gun, but not for ATF approval.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom