• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    So I just got disapproved for the reason of Maryland state law being an assault weapon copycat. This is on a pre October rifle. Just thought everyone would like to know. Can't build sbr's anymore according to this. Sorry if a dupe but I'm so pissed right now that I didn't look for dupe threads

Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012
    When did you send off the form 1? EXACT date, length of SBR, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I first submitted 9/24 and was disapproved since my trust documents weren't clear enough when I scanned them. Had to resubmit on 12/24. So forms after oct are no good but forms before are I'm guessing. Even though the rifle is a pre October buy. Oal is 30 inches

Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012
    When it comes to these trusts, your ISH HAS TO BE SUPER STRAIGHT!!! I did a Arsenal 107UR in July form 4 WELL BELOW 29"!!! Was approved in 1st week of March! Sent in 4 form 1's Sept. 28th 2013, still pending. All via trusts! You guys are being denied within a couple months!? Yea, you might want to look at your trusts! I had mine done by Rusty on here, and then I made sure I knew EXACTLY what I was submitting! That's even when the gun dealer didn't know WTF he was to do with a trust!

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    So I just got disapproved for the reason of Maryland state law being an assault weapon copycat. This is on a pre October rifle. Just thought everyone would like to know. Can't build sbr's anymore according to this. Sorry if a dupe but I'm so pissed right now that I didn't look for dupe threads

honestly, you have the worse luck. I remember when you mentioned yours got kicked back due to that earlier. Then I think around the same time you had to resubmit, ATF realized they could accept minor corrects online versus making a person resubmit. And now this.:sad20:

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    When it comes to these trusts, your ISH HAS TO BE SUPER STRAIGHT!!! I did a Arsenal 107UR in July form 4 WELL BELOW 29"!!! Was approved in 1st week of March! Sent in 4 form 1's Sept. 28th 2013, still pending. All via trusts! You guys are being denied within a couple months!? Yea, you might want to look at your trusts! I had mine done by Rusty on here, and then I made sure I knew EXACTLY what I was submitting! That's even when the gun dealer didn't know WTF he was to do with a trust!

Let us know how the 4 pending turn out, I think pre Oct 1 are still going through.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD

The only issue with the trust was their goofy system accepting only certain sizes so I dumbed down the clarity to fit the file size limit. The trust docs were square, just the clarity so they kicked it back the first time. Second time I split it up into 4 or 5 documents.

honestly, you have the worse luck. I remember when you mentioned yours got kicked back due to that earlier. Then I think around the same time you had to resubmit, ATF realized they could accept minor corrects online versus making a person resubmit. And now this.:sad20:

Yup, my luck isn't the best. If they would have taken a correction without resubmitting, I would have been fine.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Let us know how the 4 pending turn out, I think pre Oct 1 are still going through.

That does seem to be the case but it's tiring having to read the tea leaves.

I'd like to build a couple of <29" stamps submitted pre-10/1 but I'm not going to do it based on assumption and inference. Just going to sit tight for awhile.

MSCSMD

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 11, 2014
    repost. there are pages and pages of this in other posts. I also had 6 sbr's kicked back last week.

Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012
    The only issue with the trust was their goofy system accepting only certain sizes so I dumbed down the clarity to fit the file size limit. The trust docs were square, just the clarity so they kicked it back the first time. Second time I split it up into 4 or 5 documents.

Yup, my luck isn't the best. If they would have taken a correction without resubmitting, I would have been fine.

Personally, I would send a hardcopy!

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Yup...submitted in December eFile. 5 were AR15's and 1 was AR10. I think the ATF just cleaned house last week and kicked back anything for MD with AR on it. Sucks!

Sounds like it... What a bunch of crap though... Way too much diversion tactics being played between the state and Federal levels.... No one has a clue about the law.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT

This has nothing to do with a trust. They are using the same "rules" whether it be an application by an entity or individual. It has absolutely nothing to do with the contents of a trust.

Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012
    Yup...submitted in December eFile. 5 were AR15's and 1 was AR10. I think the ATF just cleaned house last week and kicked back anything for MD with AR on it. Sucks!

Well how do they return your money, via a check, or redeposit it in your account?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom