• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Did some reconfiguration of the 556. Somewhere in this house I know I have some black grip tape... :cool:

IMG_1149_zps1fc0b208.jpg

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Did some reconfiguration of the 556. Somewhere in this house I know I have some black grip tape... :cool:
    Looks good Sticky. I just added a couple updates to my 300blk recently.

20140605_16483_edit_1402018124338.jpg

Last edited:

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Looks good Flipz!

Thanks. I brought it to the shop today to see what the Saker762 brake would look like on it. Since it'll be a long time before I can mount the Saker762 to it I just wanted to get a visual. But, so far so good. I'm really happy with how it's turned out so far. Only thing I may change up is the optic. I have a 4moa Aimpoint T1 on my MK18 that I may switch out with the Aimpont PRO. So it would just be a swap as far as the optics go between the two. Still, I'm really happy with it. It runs 100% unsuppressed or suppressed with subs and my Octane9 HD.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Which hand stop do you have on it?

Well, the forend is a Wilson Combat TRIM Rail. But funny enough, the Knights Armament URX 3.1 rail panel set fit perfectly on it. The panels screw right into the existing mounting holes on the TRIM rail with no mods. The handstop is built into one of the URX 3.1 panels.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Thanks. I brought it to the shop today to see what the Saker762 brake would look like on it. Since it'll be a long time before I can mount the Saker762 to it I just wanted to get a visual. But, so far so good. I'm really happy with how it's turned out so far. Only thing I may change up is the optic. I have a 4moa Aimpoint T1 on my MK18 that I may switch out with the Aimpont PRO. So it would just be a swap as far as the optics go between the two. Still, I'm really happy with it. It runs 100% unsuppressed or suppressed with subs and my Octane9 HD.

I tried to put my aimpoint pro on my MK18 pistol and it looked weird. I think a micro optic looks great on these short barreled guns.
    Question: how do you like the Octane9 HD? I was looking at the Octane9 HDII for an all around suppressor for my .22lr and my 9mm.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    I tried to put my aimpoint pro on my MK18 pistol and it looked weird. I think a micro optic looks great on these short barreled guns.
    Question: how do you like the Octane9 HD? I was looking at the Octane9 HDII for an all around suppressor for my .22lr and my 9mm.

I hear ya. I love my T1 but couldn't afford another one or an H1 so I thought why not try out the PRO. And I'm happy I did. It's a great optic for the money. The reason I was thinking of swapping them was that the T1 I have has the 4moa reticle. I figure the 300blk won't be shot at longer ranges so the 4moa would work well for it while the 2moa PRO would work well for longer range shooting on the MK18.

Love the Octane9 HD. There is only one version now. When they first came out there was a regular Octane9 and an HD version. There really isn't an HDII, they're all just HD's now. I think it's a GREAT suppressor. I run mine on 9mm pistols (Glock, Sig, HK), a 5" 9mm AR15 SBR with a 3-lug attachment, and now the 300blk with subs only. It's very versatile and I think you get the most bang for your buck because of that compared to other 9mm suppressors. I can easily recommend it.

For 22lr though, I do recommend a dedicated 22lr suppressor. Even though the Octane9 can easily be disassembled for cleaning I still prefer a dedicated 22lr suppressor like the Sparrow or Spectre II.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I hear ya. I love my T1 but couldn't afford another one or an H1 so I thought why not try out the PRO. And I'm happy I did. It's a great optic for the money. The reason I was thinking of swapping them was that the T1 I have has the 4moa reticle. I figure the 300blk won't be shot at longer ranges so the 4moa would work well for it while the 2moa PRO would work well for longer range shooting on the MK18.

Love the Octane9 HD. There is only one version now. When they first came out there was a regular Octane9 and an HD version. There really isn't an HDII, they're all just HD's now. I think it's a GREAT suppressor. I run mine on 9mm pistols (Glock, Sig, HK), a 5" 9mm AR15 SBR with a 3-lug attachment, and now the 300blk with subs only. It's very versatile and I think you get the most bang for your buck because of that compared to other 9mm suppressors. I can easily recommend it.

For 22lr though, I do recommend a dedicated 22lr suppressor. Even though the Octane9 can easily be disassembled for cleaning I still prefer a dedicated 22lr suppressor like the Sparrow or Spectre II.

Thanks. I appreciate the info.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Looks amazing, might want to cover your A$$ tho.....law specifically states ANY alteration of the arm brace is illegal. Just sayin
    That is a stock out of the box Sig Brace with no alterations... what do you see that looks altered?

I suspect you are referring to the appearance of the Brace at the rear. It is merely the way that I 'folded' the bottom of the sections that wrap around your arm, before strapping it back up with the velcro straps. That should not constitute 'modifying' the Brace. (I know the sucky cell phone pic does not make that very clear in this pic)

Also, I have rec'd a couple of pm's (thanks very much to those who pointed it out) in regards to the VFG. This 'weapon' is now sporting an OAL of over 26" (not including the spacer between the brace and buffer tube to increase the 'lop' slightly), which declassifies it as a pistol and reclassifies it as a 'firearm', so it should not be considered an AOW in the eyes of the BATFE.. and therefore, I can add the VFG to the build without waiting a year and ponying up the stamp $$$.

Mar 7, 2014
    That is a stock out of the box Sig Brace with no alterations... what do you see that looks altered?

I suspect you are referring to the appearance of the Brace at the rear. It is merely the way that I 'folded' the bottom of the sections that wrap around your arm, before strapping it back up with the velcro straps. That should not constitute 'modifying' the Brace. (I know the sucky cell phone pic does not make that very clear in this pic)

Also, I have rec'd a couple of pm's (thanks very much to those who pointed it out) in regards to the VFG. This 'weapon' is now sporting an OAL of over 26" (not including the spacer between the brace and buffer tube to increase the 'lop' slightly), which declassifies it as a pistol and reclassifies it as a 'firearm', so it should not be considered an AOW in the eyes of the BATFE.. and therefore, I can add the VFG to the build without waiting a year and ponying up the stamp $$$.
    GENIUS!!!
    Impressed!!

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    With the advent of Marylands new gun law, I decided this summer to not only make my own AR 15 from an 80% lower, but to make it into a pistol, and not only just a pistol, but one dedicated to giving Marty Owemalley a giant middle finger in every way possible. Not only is this a Pistol/handgun that I didn't have to get fingerprinted licenced or anything else for, but it is also an AR 15 that is also banned now. This way it is also a former regulated firearm in Maryland only not registered, because I made it from an 80% prior to Oct 1st further skirting O'Malley. It's also kind of a loophole firearm with the feds because I used a Sig pistol arm brace/stock that is not a stock so even though it is more like an SBR now, according to the BATF it is still a pistol.....sure whatever.

I had the lower engraved with a very unique S/N that is not registered anywhere, just for my own personal amusement, and the magwell, is also engraved middle finger with the dust cover engravings directing attention to it. For the final touch the way Maryland used to be, also known as the state I used to love, I added a aged Maryland flag to either side.
    Hope you guys like it.

Chris Rummel

You sir, are my hero:thumbsup:

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    With MSP's new ruling if I were to build a pistol, it would have to be less than 26" OAL?

ScottR

Mark it Zero Dude!!!
    Feb 18, 2013
    Belair MD
    so I can just buy a Lower, do a 77R as "Other" and then slap a Pistol upper on it as long as there's no shoulder stock and I'm GTG?

glock9mm

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2011
    Ceciltucky!
    so I can just buy a Lower, do a 77R as "Other" and then slap a Pistol upper on it as long as there's no shoulder stock and I'm GTG?

Yes, but you cannot have a vertical forward grip unless the OAL is over 26".

You can use a AFG on OAL less than 26".

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

Good to know!

I think that adding a VFG to a pistol (i.e. making it an AOW) is just a $5 stamp anyway (which is really $105 after getting photographed, fingerprinted, and hand delivering the forms to BF Egypt), but your way is even better than the stamp route.

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    Good to know!

I think that adding a VFG to a pistol (i.e. making it an AOW) is just a $5 stamp anyway (which is really $105 after getting photographed, fingerprinted, and hand delivering the forms to BF Egypt), but your way is even better than the stamp route.

Making of an AOW is still a $200 tax stamp, it's transferring it that's only $5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom