• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dec 31, 2012
    From what I can gather, it appears that the states are hearing one song and Team Obama is quietly humming another. It seems that Team Obama has not been sharing much with anyone....
    ...The problem for the two governors?
    They are not Obama. There is a certain frame of mind that the 2012 election is heralding some new anti-gun ascendency. Perhaps. But it's more likely that Obama gets away with things these two governors will never get away with.
    We need to do our part and hold the line, here in Maryland.

There is a push not because people will smarten up but because they will simply lose interest. American attention span is short.

Obama will be speaking soon at a press conference and will likely bring up guns but I don't expect anything concrete.

O'Malley is blustering to prepare himself for the national stage. His state term limit is almost up. He doesn't want to be out of the spotlight.

Biden's recommendations tomorrow are one thing but O'Malley's ego is entirely another and more relevant in the short term.

dghboy315

Dave Luu
    Mar 5, 2012
    Rockville, MD
    I sent paper letters and emails to all my elected officials. I donated to Maryland Shall Issue and the NRA Legislative Fund. I gifted NRA memberships to all my interested family members.

Then I emailed everyone I know who cares about this and told them to do the same.

You can find your MD elected officials at: http://mdelect.net/

Eviljagtech

Infected w/ Freedom
    Jan 24, 2010
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    I'm already looking at new places in VA to live I'm done with this BS. I don't know what the rest of you have done or lived, I made it out of NY because of taxes and gun control and I'll be damned if this little fancy shirt Nazi is going to push me around anymore. I moved to escape NY, now it looks like I'll be escaping from MD as well. This state is just going to turn into the next Cali/NY with debt up to it's eyeball's and laws that are their to do nothing more then control you. This is starting to feel like the Coumo clan all over again, letter sent for those that think their is hope in the future.

There isn't hope though, take it from someone who has seen it happen and lived through the nightmare, this is only the beginning. O'Faily and Dumbo are going to race to see who can rip apart your rights the fastest.

Dec 31, 2012
    I'm already looking at new places in VA to live I'm done with this BS. I don't know what the rest of you have done or lived, I made it out of NY because of taxes and gun control and I'll be damned if this little fancy shirt Nazi is going to push me around anymore. I moved to escape NY, now it looks like I'll be escaping from MD as well. This state is just going to turn into the next Cali/NY with debt up to it's eyeball's and laws that are their to do nothing more then control you. This is starting to feel like the Coumo clan all over again, letter sent for those that think their is hope in the future.

There isn't hope though, take it from someone who has seen it happen and lived through the nightmare, this is only the beginning. O'Faily and Dumbo are going to race to see who can rip apart your rights the fastest.

O'Malley wishes he was Bloomberg and is doing what he can to make it happen even if it means turning MD into NY. I've never viewed Obama as a problem but O'Malley is a different story. Ambitous and potentially unscrupulous in his attempt to make a national name for himself. Unfortunately here in MD there are no alternatives and I don't mean just from a viability standpoint. Republicans can :kissass: as well as the Democrats.

Good luck on your move. I sometimes wish I could go as well.

deesly1

Nov 16, 2011
    I just used the 5 day contract recision period on a 325,000.00 Town home I was having built. To start looking in VA which is about the same distance to my job. I was on the fence because of VA prices and the car tax. But not any more, after I find my new house I will never give this communist dictator Mein O'malley another dime of my money. Baltimore is a cesspool of crime and drugs. I myself would not go to the inner city after dark and I am a Large Black man! I am out, at least in VA I have a Commonwealth right to defend myself recognized by true common sense legislation and the governer.

Eviljagtech

Infected w/ Freedom
    Jan 24, 2010
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    My parents still live in NY (for now) and with there new stupid laws they want to pass, there is a chance pops is going to have to transfer almost all his whole collection to me (the paperwork will be ungodly). But they are now looking at homes in S.C. to retire to. I think they might die when they see how things work outside of NY.

This was a horrible article. I read it twice and can't really firgure out what O'Malley's plans are. What I gleaned was:

1. A licensing system for regulated weapons. Much like NJ's Firearms ID Card.
    2. Some kind of assault weapons ban; the scary features were not identified.
    3. A 10 round magazine limit

This should be good news for the boyz in da hood. The po-po already got their fingerprints! Half way there for them!

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Article said O'M was a "tough on crime Baltimore mayor;" effective, I don't think.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    This was a horrible article. I read it twice and can't really firgure out what O'Malley's plans are. What I gleaned was:

1. A licensing system for regulated weapons. Much like NJ's Firearms ID Card.
    2. Some kind of assault weapons ban; the scary features were not identified.
    3. A 10 round magazine limit

This should be good news for the boyz in da hood. The po-po already got their fingerprints! Half way there for them!

We're waiting much like others, but the NY 7-round limit was something being talked about here in MD last week. Not 7-rounds specifically, but more like "less than 10". The reason is it stops sale of most all modern pistols that are not mouse guns.

The owner licensing is something we were aware of, but we were waiting for rumor to turn into something more tangible. They wanted a complete FOID system like Illinois, but this is something less than that. It is designed to create a roadblock to ownership. Nothing else.

The AWB will list more than 100 specific firearms, but probably also include the so-called 1-feature test. If you got a collapsible stock, flash hider, etc. then it is banned.

They underestimate the will of the people on this one. Push polls from the Washington Post and Baltimore Sun don't get people elected. 2014 is a big year in Maryland politics. Those lawmakers will hear us now and we will remember them later.

Trust me guys: we can win this if we work together. It will be long and hard and require real efforts from each of us, but the result will be a gun control system beaten to a pulp. Illinois did it, and so will we.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    They underestimate the will of the people on this one. Push polls from the Washington Post and Baltimore Sun don't get people elected. 2014 is a big year in Maryland politics. Those lawmakers will hear us now and we will remember them later.

Trust me guys: we can win this if we work together. It will be long and hard and require real efforts from each of us, but the result will be a gun control system beaten to a pulp. Illinois did it, and so will we.

I know what you say is true; it's just scary as hell.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    The AWB will list more than 100 specific firearms, but probably also include the so-called 1-feature test. If you got a collapsible stock, flash hider, etc. then it is banned.

Possession or sale/trade? No on seems to know what they are planning.

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    We're waiting much like others, but the NY 7-round limit was something being talked about here in MD last week. Not 7-rounds specifically, but more like "less than 10". The reason is it stops sale of most all modern pistols that are not mouse guns.

The owner licensing is something we were aware of, but we were waiting for rumor to turn into something more tangible. They wanted a complete FOID system like Illinois, but this is something less than that. It is designed to create a roadblock to ownership. Nothing else.

I'm ready to fight. Just keep us informed. Have already joined NRA, GAO, SAF, MSI and MSRPA. Have also already written the president, federal and state reps twice. I am disgusted by the arrogance of some of our elected officials.

mh53gunner

Dec 17, 2009
    Clearly Ole Martian wants us out of his pinhead state. This state really sucks! Soon as the wife retires we are moving out of this state.

mh53gunner

Dec 17, 2009
    This is my question as well. And would LEO's go along with it ? Confiscating that is

In the Peoples republic of Montgomery...ya bet ya. Look up and see what the Chief thinks of armed citizens.
    How many officers in anti gun communities will risk their jobs for our rights?

Dec 31, 2012
    In the Peoples republic of Montgomery...ya bet ya. Look up and see what the Chief thinks of armed citizens.
    How many officers in anti gun communities will risk their jobs for our rights?

Yup, too many people dependent on a government job for just a few of them to make a difference by resigning. There's five other people waiting to take their place if they do.

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    http://wapo.st/VVoY28

Sorry if this is a dup

From Pravda on the Potomac"
    "More broadly, however, O’Malley’s plan would give Maryland a far greater say in all future gun sales, limiting purchases to those who qualify for a license, which aides said would be issued by the Maryland State Police."

I already have a license, I got it December 15, 1791, two of my second cousins (first females in family to serve, one Navy, one USAF) brother (Army), father, (Army), two of my uncles (one Army, in Korea, one Navy, off the coast of Korea), two grandfathers (France WWI), and at least one great grandfather (Army) served to make sure foriegn enemies couldn't take it.

Looks like it's my duty to help save it from an inside job.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    So O'Malley wants a 2-step process, with MSP doing twice the work??

More broadly, however, O’Malley’s plan would give Maryland a far greater say in all future gun sales, limiting purchases to those who qualify for a license, which aides said would be issued by the Maryland State Police...

To purchase handguns and other types of firearms, however, a buyer who is deemed eligible for a license would subsequently still have to complete all existing steps to obtain a gun permit, including submitting to a second background check at the time of purchase and abiding by a seven-day waiting period before receiving the weapon..

Since this makes ZERO sense, I guess it really IS what O'Malley is pushing . . .

Robert2888

Nov 5, 2013
    Westmoreland,VA
    In the OP it has a link, which shows some statistics, they just happen to leave blank some of the most violent country's on the planet. Must be a simple mistake. We all know how safe Nigeria is. Gotta love liberal logic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom