• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RLBosley

In Christ Alone
    Dec 14, 2012
    Middle River
    O’Malley’s plan includes a blanket ban on all assault weapons, and aides said it would focus particularly on features that enhance a weapon’s lethality.

So the rail on the bottom of my XD makes it more lethal? What an idiot!

Shutterbug

Have camera, will travel!
    Nov 24, 2012
    AACo
    “You look at some of these guns, and it’s just hard to conclude that these guns should be in the hands of anyone who isn’t a soldier on a battlefield or a law enforcement officer sent into a tactical situation,” O’Malley said
    Oops, I guess those of us who have fast cars should all change our careers to race car drivers and try to put our daily commutes somewhere close to the Baltimore Grand Prix circuit course.

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I kind of worked with House Minority Leader Anthony J. O’Donnell before he moved into the political world and can say he is one of the "Good Guys".

Mobile

Dec 30, 2011
    Yes, it's the folding stock and the bayonet lug that make the gun super-extra-lethal. :sad20:

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    In that article it says:

Straw purchases remain a particular problem in Prince George’s County and in Baltimore, Maryland law enforcement officials say.

“It really is the most effective tool a state can use to reduce gun deaths,” DeMarco said. “I’m thrilled Governor O’Malley is proposing this. Straw purchases is the way criminals get guns.”

A couple years ago the Chairman of the Maryland Judiciary Committee concluded (based largely on testimony from the MDSP) that there was no straw purchase epidemic. Just how many straw purchases has there been in PG County in the last year (2012)?

Anyone recall this article from 2010? : http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/23/AR2010102302994.html

How many of the guns sold by Realco were actual straw purchases, not just where guns were later confiscated for various reasons, including crimes? In the report it says the gun shop had been inspected and found no violations. You can't legislate evil.

In the video associated with the story (well produced, worth watching), the woman featured on the freeze frame (with glasses and hoop earings) says the only way to address gun violence is if EVERYONE [good people] has a gun.

*A straw purchase or nominee purchase is any purchase wherein an agent agrees to acquire a good or service for someone who is unable or unwilling to purchase the good or service himself. Straw purchases are legal except in cases where the ultimate receiver of goods or services uses those goods or services in the commission of a crime with the prior knowledge of the straw purchaser.

Governor of NY trying to press his own agenda to disarm the law abiding. http://www.nytimes.com/video/2013/0...01994443/cuomo-pushes-for-action-on-guns.html

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Send Omalley a letter in two minutes or less. Use the "take action" button and it fills in our federal and state politicians automatically

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/

What's the use ? He doesn't read or heed them. Get behind your pro-2A local representatives; especially of they are seeking re-election, or behind a new candidate to replace ones that aren't pro-2A.

If you really want his attention, send mail to the DNC to remind them that Owe'Malley is a non-starter for 2016. He could care less about feedback from the PRofMD and is only using gun control as a career stepping stone along with his other 'signature' liberal/progressive laws just passed and signed.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    He taxes md citizens to to the point many leave for VA or elsewhere for reprieve, then drops BS laws on us to punish law abiding gun owners for the crimes of the insane. I will take my taxes elsewhere before they fingerprint me to own a firearm. MD is going in the toilet and it makes me sad. I will be writing my reps (again) today bc this sucks big.

Ryan

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Ever get the feeling that O'Malley wants us to leave?

Yes. The problem is once we are all gone who is going to pay for all the entitlement programs AND the programs we actually do need to run the state? Nobody, and he'll have moved on by then so it will be someone else's mess to clean up.

Ryan

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Governor of NY trying to press his own agenda to disarm the law abiding. http://www.nytimes.com/video/2013/0...01994443/cuomo-pushes-for-action-on-guns.html

Cuomo is also jockeying for POTUS nomination in 2016. Imagine a primary run-off between him and Owe'Malley with each of them trying to outdue the other on how they've been tough on guns.

The D's used to beat-the-drum of 'tough on crime' until they figured out ways to get criminals and the families of criminals to vote for them. So for now on they're going after guns to play on the fears of law-abiding people who can protect themselves from the criminals they coddle.

There was an old woman who swallowed a fly ...

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Yes. The problem is once we are all gone who is going to pay for all the entitlement programs AND the programs we actually do need to run the state? Nobody, and he'll have moved on by then so it will be someone else's mess to clean up.

Ryan

Sadly liberals destroy areas so thoroughly that they won't even live there so they fan out and destroy even more areas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom