• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Yeah, I know - I was just thinking that SOG may give you an opportunity to ask for a specific maker. I notice that Samco sells all three and that Elsener Schwyz Victoria made bayos are significantly more expensive.

I need to stop surfing this forum so I can save a little money for my kids. I bought a bayo from Midway, and of course had to throw in some Hornady .308 bullets for my Tok given the free shipping (they actually charged me $0.60).

I don't have kids but I'm not buying any more guns for awhile. Just feel like stacking cash for awhile instead. :shrug:

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    I don't have kids but I'm not buying any more guns for awhile. Just feel like stacking cash for awhile instead. :shrug:

I felt the exact same way, but in the last two months I've bought 3 guns and sent in the paperwork for a field grade. I did sell one though, so there's that.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I felt the exact same way, but in the last two months I've bought 3 guns and sent in the paperwork for a field grade. I did sell one though, so there's that.

I sold two, but they didn't get me what I need to pay off some billz. I have been seriously contemplating another M1 from the CMP, and the other day my friend, who placed an order for a Service Grade HRA but was asked and agreed to swap out for an SA, received an October 1943 SA with September 1943 barrel and USGI SA stock. Seeing that one didn't help me.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD

You sure? I'm thinking about listing a pretty nice 1943 Lithgow:D
    I think we are called enablers.

Attachments

• IMG_0128.jpg
      IMG_0128.jpg
      42.2 KB · Views: 515

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Has anyone purchased one of these and able to report on condition?

Hey, Partner, I think that condition is going to be pretty much the same as from other rifles that were brought in from Albania. It may even be a bit better, since they probably weren't selling too well at their previous ridiculous price.

I've pawed through literally hundreds of the Sino-Albanians in the last two years, and the best ones that I've seen weren't that much better than average for the group. So long as you don't get one with a broken stock, or one that was used to pound in metal fence posts, it's going to be rough, but beautiful in its own way. Heading out to shoot one of mine tomorrow.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I gotta be honest, I'm not liking the description. That combined with a low price when Classic tends to be high will keep me away.

I've always wanted a PU sniper but I have just had other things on my list of priorities. I'm waiting for SOG to re offer them at $479.

Mine just arrived today. I haven't been able to clean it, but I did unbox it and it is without a doubt one of the nicest Mosins I've seen, sniper or not. All numbers match (except the EP'd scope of course) and there are no line-outs anywhere. Stock looks great, I'll reserve judgment on the bore until I can clean it, but I can say with certainty that the rifling is strong and it hasn't been counterbored. The usual runny, flaking red shellack is missing and the import mark isn't as bad as I was expecting. Also, I did receive scope covers with mine even though the description said they weren't included. I'll clean it up tonight and post some pics soon, but so far I feel like it was $550 well spent!

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Mine just arrived today. I haven't been able to clean it, but I did unbox it and it is without a doubt one of the nicest Mosins I've seen, sniper or not. All numbers match (except the EP'd scope of course) and there are no line-outs anywhere. Stock looks great, I'll reserve judgment on the bore until I can clean it, but I can say with certainty that the rifling is strong and it hasn't been counterbored. The usual runny, flaking red shellack is missing and the import mark isn't as bad as I was expecting. Also, I did receive scope covers with mine even though the description said they weren't included. I'll clean it up tonight and post some pics soon, but so far I feel like it was $550 well spent!

:party29::thumbsup:

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA

which one did youi get, classic, aim?

Hicap

Magazine Clips
    Jun 10, 2012
    I remember emailing j&g earlier this year asking if they'd be lowering their prices on their type 56's to be more competitive with other companies. Their response was no, I bet they wish they would've took a hint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tharper429

Latest threads

Top Bottom