• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    I freaking LOVE my cz.82. i have half a dozen hand guns, but the cz.82 is the one i truly enjoy shooting. it always surprises me how easy, accurate and fun it is to shoot. and 9x18mm isn't too expensive to shoot.

Buy it. For $200 it will not dissappoint. It's one of teh better deals out there right now.

c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    OK, so here's my acquisition plan:

SOG has a 1-day only special for December 13th - CZ-82 for $160, down $40 from the regular price of $200. I'll be calling them as soon as they open up shop that day!

c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    It's on their November/December flier, so it's not posted on their regular online shop pricing. If you have your C&R FFL on file just call them that day - 800-944-4867

buzzzyy

Big Member
    Nov 6, 2007
    Aspen Hill
    that explains it, thank yee. yeah, i guess i can wait a month and get a couple.

now i have to find another C&R item to spend the $$$ burning a hole in my pocket. I was thinking a Tok, or a M39 (like I need another mosin) ... any suggestions?

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    that explains it, thank yee. yeah, i guess i can wait a month and get a couple.

now i have to find another C&R item to spend the $$$ burning a hole in my pocket. I was thinking a Tok, or a M39 (like I need another mosin) ... any suggestions?

SOG has specials on both Toks and Mosin M39s.

Do you have your C&R on file with them? You should be getting their circulars.

evanslb19

Feb 5, 2009
    Love my cz

They are fun and have the power to do the job. Hollow points rule and shot placement is king. Remember 22's kill more people than any other cal and 9x18 is bigger than the very popular 380. That being said I would not want to be shot by one

c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    So, here's what I did:

In order to avoid their Credit Card surcharge I called and got a quote for the CZ-82 plus shipping/insurance. I then asked them if it was OK to send them a paper check ahead of time so it has time to clear before the date of the special. They said it was fine, so the check's on the way. I think they plan to book the purchase on the day of the special and ship it then.

dpd3672

Aug 5, 2010
    For the money, it's about the best thing out there at the moment; the pistol equivalent to a Mosin Nagant, imo.

Go for it!

buzzzyy

Big Member
    Nov 6, 2007
    Aspen Hill
    SOG has specials on both Toks and Mosin M39s.

Do you have your C&R on file with them? You should be getting their circulars.

Thanks Threeband.

I do and I am, but I was in the process of moving and can't find it now. I might have thrown it out thinking that they have the same stuff on their site.:facepalm:

c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    Re-bluing complete

So I had time this weekend, and hadn't received the ammo for it yet, so in between turkey, stuffing and range time w/ other toys I took apart my CZ-82 and re-blued it. I unfortunately didn't take any photos prior to starting, but you can picture a beat-up finish all around. I used a pretty strong pain stripper to remove the existing epoxy, and cleaned it out with a Dremmel and toothbrush. That stuff is super caustic, and even a tiny droplet on exposed skin will burn, so be sure wear appropriate gloves/eye protection. After washing it with cold water and drying it off I polished the finish with a light scrubbing using a fine-grit drywall sponge sander I had laying around (some people use steel wool). After buffing it out I used Birchwood-Casey "Super Blue", applying it with Q-tips.

I did the slide first, and was happy with the results, so then took apart the entire gun and reblued all of the previously-coated areas. (I haven't done the magazine, but if I'm bored one afternoon I'll do it next.) The gun is a bitch to take apart and reassemble, so be sure to have all the parts labeled. I used a multi-compartment fishing lure box and tagged/taped all pieces individually. With multiple rinse/clean/brush/reblue cycles you supposedly can get darker bluing, but I was happy w/ what I got for now.

Here are the pics of the finished product:

010a.jpg

011a.jpg

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    just a word of note the cz-82 will be $159.95 on Dec 13th from SOG for their 15 days of xmas sale. $40 bucks off not bad at all!

mrbule

Jan 12, 2010
    My cz-82 was my first C&R, and it just feels like butter in my hands...
    I keep telling myself i dont need another before the sale days come up at SOG..
    still need to buy things for the wife.. but dont know if I can resist a deal like that.

Hynes57

Aug 4, 2010
    Charles Town, WV
    Buy now! Amazing gun. My friend Nick shot it yesterday and has very little experience with handguns. He put 2 dead center and the remaining 10 in the magazine went within 1-2 inches of those and right on top of each other at 10 yards. Easy and fun to shoot!

c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    Last purchase I called ahead of time to get the cash quote with shipping and then sent them a paper chech thru my online bill payer. Took a couple of days longer but I saved the CC charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom