• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I had a 22 rimfire once that would go into full auto

with one pull of the trigger it would shoot from one round to the full magazine

made for interesting shooting
    :lol2:

I had one that I bought from Just guns , cleaned the barrel and chamber and took to the range, loaded 10 rounds in the tube and upon cocking it and letting go, it shot 6 rounds WITHOUT me touching the trigger! Everyone on the range stopped and looked at me including my buddy who is a Fed. He told me to take it back to them and demand my money back. I ended up fixing it that night, the firing pin was Rusted in the out position! Had sand and rust and all kinds of crap in there. So if any of you ever buy a gun from Just Guns off the consignment rack , make sure you take it apart before heading t the range. They obviously do not check them to make sure they are safe.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I had one that I bought from Just guns , cleaned the barrel and chamber and took to the range, loaded 10 rounds in the tube and upon cocking it and letting go, it shot 6 rounds WITHOUT me touching the trigger! Everyone on the range stopped and looked at me including my buddy who is a Fed. He told me to take it back to them and demand my money back. I ended up fixing it that night, the firing pin was Rusted in the out position! Had sand and rust and all kinds of crap in there. So if any of you ever buy a gun from Just Guns off the consignment rack , make sure you take it apart before heading t the range. They obviously do not check them to make sure they are safe.

Doesn't surprise me. I will never give them my business. They are a bunch of know it all a-holes.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church

Caveat Emptor. Most stores do not thoroughly check out guns they sell used, and even those that do check the guns out can miss things. New guns can be defective as well.

But you did the right thing. Anyone with a brain that has a dangerous malfunction should stop shooting, unload the firearm and take it to a QUALIFIED person (preferably a reputable gunsmith) and go from there.

SKS firing pin issues are common knowledge to most people into surplus gun. I would say the shop should at least have advised you to clean it. The recently-imported Century guns actually come with a warning tag stating that there is no warranty and that the firearm must be thoroughly inspected by a qualified person before firing.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

elwojo

File not found: M:/Liberty.exe
    Dec 23, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland

I don't want to sound like a total dick - but no one else has said it yet:
    You need to break down and clean any used gun before firing it the first time! Especially if it is C&R and known to have specific malfunctions! Take the time cleaning it to learn more about the gun and its history, and also as a time to reflect on life while absorbing the smell of spent powder and cosmoline!

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Doesn't surprise me. I will never give them my business. They are a bunch of know it all a-holes.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Caveat Emptor. Most stores do not thoroughly check out guns they sell used, and even those that do check the guns out can miss things. New guns can be defective as well.

But you did the right thing. Anyone with a brain that has a dangerous malfunction should stop shooting, unload the firearm and take it to a QUALIFIED person (preferably a reputable gunsmith) and go from there.

SKS firing pin issues are common knowledge to most people into surplus gun. I would say the shop should at least have advised you to clean it. The recently-imported Century guns actually come with a warning tag stating that there is no warranty and that the firearm must be thoroughly inspected by a qualified person before firing.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Wouldn't say I had a bad experience At Just Guns( although I've heard plenty), but more of a warning to you guys. If I had not had it pointed down range when I cocked it , things could have went horribly wrong. Im very happy i did not point it down at the ground as I was standing on a concrete pad at a no sky type range.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I don't want to sound like a total dick - but no one else has said it yet:
    You need to break down and clean any used gun before firing it the first time! Especially if it is C&R and known to have specific malfunctions! Take the time cleaning it to learn more about the gun and its history, and also as a time to reflect on life while absorbing the smell of spent powder and cosmoline!

Your not, and I was on the way to the range when I bought it, and old mossberg .22's are not known to have problems like that. I've owned several, that's the first and last to do it. But it's true, you should take more time than I had or did. And check it more thorough. I dont deny that.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Since I buy C & R guns primarily, it's always a good habit to disassemble and clean any used gun before shooting. Rust and/or Cosmo on critical parts can always be an issue. Glad it wasn't catastrophic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cddrive

Latest threads

Top Bottom