• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I'm researching this now.

We are going through the same question with DC, where the appear to offer you 45 days to get trained IF approved, and provide credit for accepted training that was completed within the previous 2 years.

I'll have an answer for Illinois shortly.

Good to know, thanks.

I would definitely be interested since I would only need 8 hours.

DC going the same route with credit for training already completed?
    See above

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    To each his own. Get as many permits as you can, but unless Illinois has reciprocity like Utah and Florida, I see no reason to want the training class or the permit, living in MD.

I don't have a Utah permit in case I travel through Utah. I have it because it is recognized in 30+ other states. Many around MD.

EMS Burnout

Oct 10, 2012
    Baltimore County
    I am gauging interest for a Illinois Concealed Carry License Course.

Subject to IL law and regulations, and depending on your level of experience and training, the course would be between 8-16 hours. It would be conducted on a Saturday & Sunday, in or near Frederick, MD.

The course fee would be between $200-$300.

For more info on IL CCL: https://ccl4illinois.com/ccw/public/home.aspx
    Fingerprints or Livescan are optional (not required) for an IL CCL (except for instructor candidates, which must be LiveScanned in IL).

If you are interested in obtaining your IL CCL or IL CCL Instructor status, please contact me by clicking on my username, "Cypherpunk", then select "Send Email".

I'll bite. I'm interested. Gun collecting, stamp collecting, now permit collecting.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    To each his own. Get as many permits as you can, but unless Illinois has reciprocity like Utah and Florida, I see no reason to want the training class or the permit, living in MD.

I don't have a Utah permit in case I travel through Utah. I have it because it is recognized in 30+ other states. Many around MD.

There are a lot more reasons one would have to travel to Chicago than there are reasons to travel to Utah. Also a lot more reasons to carry in Chicago than in Utah.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    What makes it even worse is that the actual permit is not called either one. It is called a Permit To Carry A Handgun

I may concede that point to you. I was going off the law, but the face of the permit is just as valid.

PUBLIC SAFETY
    TITLE 5. FIREARMS
    SUBTITLE 3. HANDGUN PERMITS
    Md. PUBLIC SAFETY Code Ann. § 5-301 (2014)

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    There are a lot more reasons one would have to travel to Chicago than there are reasons to travel to Utah. Also a lot more reasons to carry in Chicago than in Utah.
    I can agree with this if your job or family takes you to or through Chicago, Ill on a regular basis, but I think the reason most of us get non-res permits is based mostly on reciprocity, not because we might travel to that state at some point.

Chicago is probably a more popular travel destination than Salt Lake, but my choice for a non-res permit would still be Utah because it is also recognized in more than half the states in the country.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    It seems like there is enough interest to run a IL CCL course.

I have few citizens, a bunch of military from Quantico area, and a handful of people that either need the course to apply for IL instructor themselves, or, just like to shoot the pistol course.

Look for a course announcement in the next two weeks for one Saturday 8 hour course during late December or January.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom