If the National Guard is the "Last Resort" how does G&S fit into the equation?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • These riots and associated issues will be another reason why the administration WONT touch the issue of the 2A. Bigger fish to fry, more important issues need to be addressed first, etc., etc..

That will be the excuse some here on these forums give..."Don't bother Hogan now, he's too busy"...I can see the posts now....proving that there are many sheep amongst us..

Why is it that when liberals exploit a crisis they get their way but we are chastised by our own when we consider doing the same thing??

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    The Dems are also going to use this as a platform to push for more gun control. They probably won't be successful, but they'll try. It doesn't matter that guns did not play a big role in the riots. They do not want people to be able to defend themselves.

This is exactly the wrong issue to use to bring up allowing citizens to carry. the people in charge DO NOT CARE about the average individuals personal safety or freedoms.

If anything this incident will be used to FURTHER RESTRICT gun rights for your typical citizens.

I hope with the wonderful HD footage, they will be able to identify and charge everyone who committed criminal acts during the protest, and when that protest deteriorated into an all out riot.

the best solution when dealing with a riot is to GET AWAY immediately.

sadly there was no "right thing to do" for the mayor, however she F'd this up completely. you have people complaining about police brutality. then, when riots show up, you have people wondering where the police are. it is a NO win situation.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    And Frosh has been conspicuously absent in all of this...

It's not like it has turned into a lawless Wild West scenario now has it?

After seeing attempted murder of police officers yesterday afternoon with no weapons being drawn, let alone used.....I doubt self defense will ever be a good enough reason..........I saw at least 20 thugs that should have been shot on the spot.....

I didn't see the video but it is possible that the officers were not armed. My son in law is BCoPD...They recently had riot and crowd control training and were told that if they were ever deployed to a situation such as this, their service weapons would NOT be taken with them. I don't know if the city has the same policy.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I didn't see the video but it is possible that the officers were not armed. My son in law is BCoPD...They recently had riot and crowd control training and were told that if they were ever deployed to a situation such as this, their service weapons would NOT be taken with them. I don't know if the city has the same policy.

"Stop! Or I shall yell 'Stop!' again!"

I don't see the point unless there are snipers deployed as backup.

Twanger

DINO and NRA Life
    Mar 4, 2013
    Poolesville
    I throw this solidly at the feet of Martin O'Malley.
    He disarmed all Marylanders, which completely enables rampant thug behavior like we've seen.
    There's a reason why you don't see rioting in cities and states with strong Second Amendment support.
    The thugs know they'd be shot.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Well, if there is an angry mob coming my way i dont think a mere pistol will be very effective. No way I'd travel with just a pistol. I plan to keep out of the city for a while. Maybe forever.

Fortunately Doogie said LGOC is legal. If i am arrested, maybe hel'll even take my case now.

BTW, carry permits or not for peple like me because I have the choice to stay out of the city. carry permits are for the residents of the city who have no choice but to protect themselves against the mobs. we should be so lucky that they start to realize that.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Well, if there is an angry mob coming my way i dont think a mere pistol will be very effective. No way I'd travel with just a pistol.

Fortunately Doogie said LGOC is legal. If i am arrested, maybe hel'll even take my case now.
    I've no experience with angry mobs, but a couple of times breaking the nose of one guy disbursed a group of angry at me frat boys.

If you "turn one guys head into a canoe", an angry mob may well turn tail. But yeah, a rifle with several bona-fide hi-cap mags is preferred.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    The Dems are also going to use this as a platform to push for more gun control. They probably won't be successful, but they'll try. It doesn't matter that guns did not play a big role in the riots. They do not want people to be able to defend themselves.

Perhaps it's time we take a page out of their playbook "and not let a good crisis go to waste"?

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I've no experience with angry mobs, but a couple of times breaking the nose of one guy disbursed a group of angry at me frat boys.

If you "turn one guys head into a canoe", an angry mob may well turn tail. But yeah, a rifle with several bona-fide hi-cap mags is preferred.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    FWIW, the National Guard isn't the last resort. The next step is call the Feds and the get the regular Army/Marines in town.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    I saw nothing that would make me think the police was overwhelmed. I lived in Europe for 28 years, I have seen plenty of riots and anarchist demonstartions. Every May 1st is party time for them to celebrate Labor Day. People in Berlin rented out the second floor appartments for people to come and watch the rioters in action from a save window sill.

The police I saw was told to stand down, if you actually engage and club a few stuff ends abruptly. 27 arrests tells me that the police did not engage from Mondawin Mall to stores looted in Fells Point tells me the Police did not engage. Her excuse is that she did not want to incite anymore violence ... because let's face it they are all innocent and disadvantaged inner city thugs ....

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I saw nothing that would make me think the police was overwhelmed. I lived in Europe for 28 years, I have seen plenty of riots and anarchist demonstartions. Every May 1st is party time for them to celebrate Labor Day. People in Berlin rented out the second floor appartments for people to come and watch the rioters in action from a save window sill.

The police I saw was told to stand down, if you actually engage and club a few stuff ends abruptly. 27 arrests tells me that the police did not engage from Mondawin Mall to stores looted in Fells Point tells me the Police did not engage. Her excuse is that she did not want to incite anymore violence ... because let's face it they are all innocent and disadvantaged inner city thugs ....

The police showed remarkable restraint. On the one hand I agree the police could have been more confrontational and ended it earlier. on the other hand now the whole city see what the police are dealing with. Burning, looting, cutting fire hoses. it was pretty ridiculous.

I am sure they will try this again.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    I was not talking about the police's performance. Nobody should have to stand there without proper gear and just take it. To me it is clear that they were told to stand down and not engage. It was not an issue of police being overpowered, that is the excuse the Mayor, chief of police and cinty council will use. If you have even 20 officers with shields and batons in lock step engage crowds of highschoolers they will dispear quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom