If the National Guard is the "Last Resort" how does G&S fit into the equation?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Clearly, the police can barely protect themselves, and the Mayor has sanctioned property destruction as a means of our misunderstood yuts venting their frustration. Half the city is closed and major events are cancelled. Innocent bystanders, residents, commuters, the news media, and the police are being physically assaulted. The BPD and MSP has solicted assistance from neighboring counties, and even from DC and Virginia LEA. The Governor has mobilized and dispatched the National Guard as a "last resort" under a state of emergency.

And yet law abiding, objectively qualified and otherwise eligible individuals still don't have a "good and substantial" reason to carry. If the current climate doesn't change our Governor's, Superintendent's and even the Legislature's positions on G&S, self-defense and the right to carry there truly is no hope!

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    But, but ,but, they were on the way home from studying hard at school, they broke into the CVS to get granny some cough medicine, and the liquor store for her rumatism. You have it all wrong!!!

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    These riots and associated issues will be another reason why the administration WONT touch the issue of the 2A. Bigger fish to fry, more important issues need to be addressed first, etc., etc..

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    These riots and associated issues will be another reason why the administration WONT touch the issue of the 2A. Bigger fish to fry, more important issues need to be addressed first, etc., etc..

Did they need another reason?

Less guns = Less gun violence.

Ef em.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    I'm trying to remain positive that something will change with regard to G&S but it is getting more and more difficult. Especially when you watch the insanity going on in Baltimore and know that, at least in most other states, you'd have a slight edge being armed should a mob surround your vehicle and decide they want to burn you alive.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    After seeing attempted murder of police officers yesterday afternoon with no weapons being drawn, let alone used.....I doubt self defense will ever be a good enough reason..........I saw at least 20 thugs that should have been shot on the spot.....

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    After seeing attempted murder of police officers yesterday afternoon with no weapons being drawn, let alone used.....I doubt self defense will ever be a good enough reason..........I saw at least 20 thugs that should have been shot on the spot.....

That was some S* wasn't it. Someone posted a photo of Rizzo elswhere. Where the hell are people like that today when you need them.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Remember also that part of the very response to the 1968 riots was the current wear, carry law. I don't see much help for us coming about as a result of this. Unfortunately I think the next GA session will be spent babbling about what new taxes and fees they "need" to impose so the rest of the state can pay to rebuild the city, and tons of new restrictions on police.

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...

It's painfully obvious that under the current city administration, the BCPD cannot protect the public. Every video I saw yesterday, the Police were being pushed BACK down the streets with their deadly batons drawn!!

144 vehicle fires, 15 building fires. Any questions??

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I think if this doesn't open the eyes of the governor AND the ga nothing will. if they don't do something with the knowledge that this can happen anytime and even the police aren't safe then they never did intend to restore our rights, any of them.

it will be a shame if they dont do something but if they don't at least Marylanders can preach that only taxable money is worth protecting in Maryland and nothing else, ever. yeah, at least we will have that.:sarcasm:

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    Wake up your in Maryland. Charm City and the Land of Pleasant Living. You don't need guns here, were the City that Reads and all you need to do is just Believe. If we only had a few more slogans we could stop the oceans from raising and yadda, yadda, yadda. Hows that Hope and Change $hit working. I don't think we will ever see it easy for honest people to get a permit here.

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    Remember also that part of the very response to the 1968 riots was the current wear, carry law. I don't see much help for us coming about as a result of this. Unfortunately I think the next GA session will be spent babbling about what new taxes and fees they "need" to impose so the rest of the state can pay to rebuild the city, and tons of new restrictions on police.

I've said this over and over again. S-U-P-E-R-Z-I-P-S. With Wash. DC to our south along with Mont. Co. , PG County, Ballmer City/ County.... we can only pray.

These Zips hold all of the power in the state.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    It's painfully obvious that under the current city administration, the BCPD cannot protect the public. Every video I saw yesterday, the Police were being pushed BACK down the streets with their deadly batons drawn!!

144 vehicle fires, 15 building fires. Any questions??

I noted that too, every officer with a stick.. for what? I'm sure if given the green light they'd of been put to good use.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

The Dems are also going to use this as a platform to push for more gun control. They probably won't be successful, but they'll try. It doesn't matter that guns did not play a big role in the riots. They do not want people to be able to defend themselves.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD

I watched a lot of coverage yesterday and could not believe how ill prepared law enforcement was for that sorry event. Most were not wearing vests or riot gear.

A few warnings shots at critical times and you'd have lost several perps in the ensuing stampede. Also thought I'd see a shop owner shoot one or a dude get run over in the street. There were a few close calls, but the thugs won Round 1 on Saturday and Round 2 yesterday. The curfew should have gone into effect immediately.

I expect we'll see a large exodus from the City police dept. No officer should be subjected to the risks and extremely poor management that Chief Batts & Princess Stephanie have displayed.

Lew--Ranger63

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scooby225

Latest threads

Top Bottom