• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    If I would have gone I definately would have had to go up to FF's booth and ask to handle every arm they have, Settle on a hand full and just as they rang it up and asked for payment would have said , "WAIT! I didn't even realize that you guys were FF! Holy crap. Wow, yeah I read how you attempted to strong arm a community I am apart of. On second thought I don't need those firearms. Sorry for all the trouble." and walked away.

Maybe I am talking a hole bunch of trash but, I would have made it a point to let them know they lost my business because of their actions. Too often establishments don't even realize they are being avoided or boycotted and attribute the slow sales to slow downs. I would make sure to let them know why I wouldn't be buying from their table. It really should be no surprise given how we treat enemies of 2a.

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    I did see my first Glock 42 .380. Tiny little thing. I wouldn't have recognized it as a glock if I hadn't be reading every tag of the pocket size guns.

HAHA yeah I saw one the other day at Duffy's when I went in. It is definitely a serious contender in the pocket pistol arena.

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    There were definitely less tables than the one a few months ago, but I really felt like there was a lot more of the good stuff and less junk. I picked up some stuff from Precision Firearms and a couple of pounds of powder for $25.75 each. I really wanted an M1 carbine, but didn't know enough about them to pull the trigger. I think I made a mistake by not picking up a nice Win. Model 12 for my son. Oh, and here is a picture of FF. :D Not a good picture, but quite lonely. Later there were some people there, that I didn't peg as being MDS'ers.

Think that kid has his HQL?

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I found a lb of W231 pistol powder! got that and a couple BLC-2, then 2K primers and Magpul furniture from Precision. Fox was empty! Lou was either on the phone or out smoking each time I went by. $14 for rusty 50 cal ammo cans, is that good? The ammo I saw was high. Fractured Prune on the way home!

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    He must buy his gas from ISIS:lol2:

I'm sure if the price is right! Commodities are fungible by the way.

I did see my first Glock 42 .380. Tiny little thing. I wouldn't have recognized it as a glock if I hadn't be reading every tag of the pocket size guns.

All the G42's I saw were priced pretty high. Seriously, I found no good deals on new firearms that I couldn't get from three shops within five miles of me in Rockville MD. I had a better price offered from an IP here than anyone was offering at a gun show?. I had my HQL in hand, they wouldn't budge.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I found a lb of W231 pistol powder! got that and a couple BLC-2, then 2K primers and Magpul furniture from Precision. Fox was empty! Lou was either on the phone or out smoking each time I went by. $14 for rusty 50 cal ammo cans, is that good? The ammo I saw was high. Fractured Prune on the way home!

THAT'S IT! That's the powder I searched all over for. Do you remember where you got it. I know it's tough to describe a booth. The one I had hope for was about mid-way back, middle section and on the right side isle. Two or 3 woman and a guy doing the math sitting in chair. Lots of primers, powder, but sold out of the 231 by the time I got to their booth around 10am.

I'm glad you scored. :thumbsup:

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Try Shooters Discount, they had a few of each just before closing time today.

Noted the G19's , good looking deal. I couldn't find a Makarov.
    Heard you ask for this, coupon for you;

anti_monkey_butt.jpg

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    THAT'S IT! That's the powder I searched all over for. Do you remember where you got it. I know it's tough to describe a booth. The one I had hope for was about mid-way back, middle section and on the right side isle. Two or 3 woman and a guy doing the math sitting in chair. Lots of primers, powder, but sold out of the 231 by the time I got to their booth around 10am.

I'm glad you scored. :thumbsup:

At the last show, that's where I got Bullseye. Very strange in that the first time by the booth, no Bullseye. Stopped back on a whim an hour later, and shazam!

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    AND, you didn't have to wait 6 months or more to get it!!

CMP is shipping MUCH faster these days.

Or make a drive to the North Store, pick one out, and they ship it the next day. If you aren't careful, it will be home before you are. Or just pay sales tax and walk out with it.

But if you want to pay $1200 and HIGHER for the convenience, versus $595 for Field Grade or $696 for Service grade. Or $995 for a Special with a NEW barrel and new wood.

M1D Sniper is $1500 from CMP (without mount, scope or cheek piece). But the complete one at the show was $4250. Mount is $225-$250 for GI, original scope is $1500+, original cheek piece is $225 or so. Repro scope is $400, regpro cheek piece is $30.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Funny how one claims they are selling below wholesale, when I can find new from other dealers on Gunbroker at 20% less (including shipping) "buy it now". I'm done with gun shows in Maryland. Glad the bridge over the Potomac is 5 minutes from me. Better deals at Dulles Expo. I did pick up a Swiss Army knife for my troubles :D

It is possible they are selling before their distributors wholesale cost to them, but some places on GB are buying LARGE quantities direct from the manufacturer.

But if everyone stop buying from our LGS, there will be no more LGS.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I was looking for the older couple that sells airsoft and lots of cases and backpacks and such. Most of their stuff is VooDoo tactical, which is good stuff.

I stopped and talked to the safe guy up front. He sells GOOD safes, with plate doors. And some at similar prices to the box store junk ones. I will be getting a safe from him. Just need to clean out the space for it.

We did get a couple of T-shirts. Young couple selling them. Outline of MD, with the MD flag pattern on it. Words say:

"Ban Maryland"

"It's shaped like a gun"

Sign for 2 for $30, but they offered us 2 for $20.

:lol2:

Also a couple of raffle tickets for the carbine.

dan8480

Gun Addict
    Feb 23, 2008
    Adams County
    Anyone going to the show tomorrow that would like some fresh eggs, I will have 2 1/2 dozen that you can have for free!! They are from our own chickens. I will be working the Monumental Rifle and Pistol Club booth in the front. See you tomorrow.

If I make it by today, I'll take them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom