• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    No news here from my MD application (since the trooper called me to tell me that he decided not to process it any further and sent it back to Pikesville since I did not have G&S), but I received a nice early Christmas present courtesy of the Virginia State Police: my non-resident VA just arrived in today's USPS.

brokensheer

Dec 28, 2011
    fingerprint id ?

I have a federal ID called a TWIC card issue for my USCG license does anyone know if that will suffice? beings as my ID is already in the Federal system..

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    Do you mean use TWIC instead of being fingerprinted? No. Each printing is specific...if that makes sense?

Actually, it does not make sense.
    When I got my TWIC, I was electronically printed.
    Since I haven't acid-dipped my digits, those prints should be valid pretty much forever.

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA
    Actually, it does not make sense.
    When I got my TWIC, I was electronically printed.
    Since I haven't acid-dipped my digits, those prints should be valid pretty much forever.

You're right I should have been more clear. Prints can only be used for a specific purpose. A person applying for a teaching job my get printed for employment background check. If that person than goes and applies for a carry permit...in a state that requires prints to be taken for such...then another set of prints must be taken for the carry permit application.

Unless the prints are taken for purpose of arrest, they are not kept once the particular background check is completed.

DaveL

Dec 27, 2012
    AA Co.
    Read a lot of information about people applying, not so many replies about getting a permit...

Any good news?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Everyone that applied on basis of 2A , All Lawful Purposes , etc are still in holding pattern pending final resolution of the Court Case , action by General Assy , or combination.
    Of those who applied with a Good and Substantial of the currently favored flavors have frequently received permits with restrictions more or less as expected.

ZATO1414

Jun 15, 2012
    I have not read all the posts, so please excuse me if I am asking a redundant question.

What is the percentage of approved applications for the average citizen, not a business owner? Is there good reason for requesting a permit above the "It's my right..." line?

Thank you.

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    I have not read all the posts, so please excuse me if I am asking a redundant question.

What is the percentage of approved applications for the average citizen, not a business owner? Is there good reason for requesting a permit above the "It's my right..." line?

Thank you.

O%

ZATO1414

Jun 15, 2012

Thanks, I really appreciate the time and thought put into your answer! :D I have to say I'm still laughing.

I moved form California to Maryland in 2001, a man's gotta work. Back home, depending on your county, the local sheriff approves the permits. All the rural counties approve the majority of CCW License applications. As a young deputy, our local sheriff was saved by an armed citizen while working in the back-woods. He never forgot it and repaid his voters in kind.

I hope if our local sheriff has a bad day, his deputies are close enough to help. Thanks for your time.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Thanks, I really appreciate the time and thought put into your answer! :D I have to say I'm still laughing.

I moved form California to Maryland in 2001, a man's gotta work. Back home, depending on your county, the local sheriff approves the permits. All the rural counties approve the majority of CCW License applications. As a young deputy, our local sheriff was saved by an armed citizen while working in the back-woods. He never forgot it and repaid his voters in kind.

I hope if our local sheriff has a bad day, his deputies are close enough to help. Thanks for your time.

Unfortunately, an answer that was any longer would have told you nothing more.....:sad20:

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    I could have ignored you like everyone else. Do a little research for yourself, you will see my answer is 100% truth.

No normal citizen has received a permit in MD. You will see this is what our fight is all about, good and substantial is msp's way of rationing permits.

Please visit Marylandshallissue.org

Thanks

Crownroyal79

Dec 17, 2012
    I could have ignored you like everyone else. Do a little research for yourself, you will see my answer is 100% truth.

No normal citizen has received a permit in MD. You will see this is what our fight is all about, good and substantial is msp's way of rationing permits.

Please visit Marylandshallissue.org

Thanks

^^^This is 100% correct been doing alot of research on it and his answer of 0% is a great one. Teratos is correct too, no reason to go into delpth when the answer is still 0.

MSI will be getting my money soon.

Glaug-Eldare

BANNED!!!
    Jan 17, 2011
    ^^^This is 100% correct been doing alot of research on it and his answer of 0% is a great one. Teratos is correct too, no reason to go into delpth when the answer is still 0.

MSI will be getting my money soon.

Well, not quite zero. I believe they issue a few hundred permits each year for personal protection, as long as you've got a good story for 'em.

JDH

Apr 30, 2005
    Harford County
    I had a G/S reason for someone threatening my life and MSP felt it wasn't a good reason since they lived 20 miles from me and was doing jail time. Go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom