I like red balloons.
    is that your puppy?
    look a shiny ball....

wait, what was the question?

Oh, yeah. ALL of them .... :D

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    I just brought home my M&P10. 1st AR platform in ownership. Now to add BUIS and an optic of some sort (Nikon). Or red dot. I think an SBR would be fun and good for my kids as it's a lower OAL for learning once we get past my Win 67 .22. But really, my math says whatever you have + 1.

vinjet700

No one of significance
    Mar 1, 2013
    State of absolute disgust
    I just brought home my M&P10. 1st AR platform in ownership. Now to add BUIS and an optic of some sort (Nikon). Or red dot. I think an SBR would be fun and good for my kids as it's a lower OAL for learning once we get past my Win 67 .22. But really, my math says whatever you have + 1.

I just got the Nikon p-223 3x32 with the 835 p-mount installed it on a PSA upper and love it.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    10.5" - 11.5" suppressed SBR w/ red dot sight chambered for .300 BLK
    14.5" - 16" w/ low power fixed/variable scope 1-6x chambered for 5.56
    16" - 20" w/ mid-range fixed/variable scope 2.5-10x chambered in .308
    I think this would be pretty close to my recommendation. I'd suggest fixed stocks (or UBRs/F93s) on the AR-10 and the carbine AR-15, and I'd probably dump .300AAC from the SBR for either 9mm or 5.56x45.

gregaarms

Machinist Junkie
    Feb 18, 2013
    Calvert County
    19 Built all serve different Purpose 20 blank receivers+ 1 Still in msp pipeline running out of ideas Still looking for belt feed upper, when you are gone that's enough or is it?????????

Mark, adopt me please...you know you want another son!!!! :lol2:

BTW: I will hopefully know when we can get that back field on the farm to do long range with your 50cal like we talked about. I will give you a call when I get a date set. It will probably be on a Monday.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I think this would be pretty close to my recommendation. I'd suggest fixed stocks (or UBRs/F93s) on the AR-10 and the carbine AR-15, and I'd probably dump .300AAC from the SBR for either 9mm or 5.56x45.

Why would you dump it? The round has better performance than either 9mm or 5.56 in short barrels, and suppresses as well as a 9mm in subsonic loadings.

Ammo availability?

Sam Salvati

blacksmith
    Apr 22, 2013
    Finksburg
    Things that do "everything" do alot of things poorly, things that do one thing do that one thing very well. Very rarely does something do alot of things very well. How many does one need? how well does it do everything you want?

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    This thread... Has cost me some loot...

I've decided I want 5 additional lowers before 10-1. Doh.

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    Thats Not Enough they need friends LOL then another safe where does it end ???????

Ha. That should keep me entertained (translation: wallet not as empty) until I move from the Fee state where I'll be able to 4473 "md regulated" firearms.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Ammo availability?
    Correct. It's the equivalent of having an AR-15 in 6.8mm Rem SPC, 6.5 Grendel, etc. Nothing wrong with it, but unless you're a reloader, it's probably not a great long-term buy. If you want something subsonic and good with a suppressor, 147gr 9mm is very easy to get, and 9mm AR-15 parts are widely available.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Correct. It's the equivalent of having an AR-15 in 6.8mm Rem SPC, 6.5 Grendel, etc. Nothing wrong with it, but unless you're a reloader, it's probably not a great long-term buy. If you want something subsonic and good with a suppressor, 147gr 9mm is very easy to get, and 9mm AR-15 parts are widely available.

Fair enough. I figured you'd have a solid reasoning for not including one in a lineup. And the current ammo crisis definitely warrants that thought.

Hopefully when things settle down it'll get back on the shelves. I don't mind loading it, but it'd be nice to see it on the shelves again, give me a break from brass-prep.

matt_yamaha_guy_450

Jun 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    This Many (Stolen from ar15.com)
    f6f7f71b4ff616430032bdf4fc6d307d.jpg

Thats some serious firepower

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member