• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I have the same question regarding the Canik TP9SA. The TP9 is on the roster, but not the SA and a couple of sellers said they couldn't sell the gun in Maryland and the issue wasn't related to mag capacity. Anyone know about the TP9SA?

It has been submitted and is awaiting approval only to account for the single-action-only trigger. The MD Roster Board process is insanely stupid, racist, as well as Un-American.

Evojoeix

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2014
    I've been thinking about the VP9 for the striker fire. What's the advantage to the USP TAC?

for me the advantage is the threaded barrel. but as far as anything else, i couldnt tell ya. never shot the vp9, but i hear great things about it.

Evojoeix

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2014
    And O-ring barrel and 'TACTICAL' roll mark. That o-ring barrel isn't a joke - I thought it was marketing bull, but my Expert is silly accurate with the o-ring barrel (and the match barrel profile; different hood). I do NOT attribute the Expert's enhanced accuracy due to longer sight radius, so it has to be the o-ring and barrel.

the 9mm version does not have a o-ring barrel.
    it doesnt even have the match grade trigger or adjustable trigger stop

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo

:sad20: Did you read the thread or are you just posting?

We are talking about the new USP Tactical 9mm that does feature all of those...not the old USP 9 SD with a threaded barrel.

What's are the differences between this model and the USP SD 9?

Factory match trigger

And O-ring barrel and 'TACTICAL' roll mark. That o-ring barrel isn't a joke - I thought it was marketing bull, but my Expert is silly accurate with the o-ring barrel (and the match barrel profile; different hood). I do NOT attribute the Expert's enhanced accuracy due to longer sight radius, so it has to be the o-ring and barrel.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    So can I buy a threaded "o-ring" barrel now, rather than the standard threaded barrel???

Evojoeix

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2014
    well excuse me

i was just going off of the website. it shows the USP tactical in a 9mm version.... im not sure how im supposed to know thats not the exact gun your talking about

no need to try and scould me over it

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    It has been submitted and is awaiting approval only to account for the single-action-only trigger. The MD Roster Board process is insanely stupid, racist, as well as Un-American.

Yes, the Maryland Handgun Roster Board was set up in 1988 on the phony notion that only "safe, high quality" handguns should be permitted for sale. It was a backdoor way to end the "scourge" of "Saturday Night Specials"--cheap, no-name handguns--many used in inner city crimes--that were favored by mostly poor black folk in Baltimore.

The idea was to only allow expensive handguns for sale in Maryland so as to price them out of range from thugs.

Gun control is racist.

Yup. To this day, Maryland's Constitution does not have a 2nd Amendment--a deliberate move to try to limit "free blacks" from owning guns.

Don't believe me? Here is a quote from the Maryland Constitution wiki page:

"While the Declaration of Rights does say that "a well regulated Militia is the proper and natural defence of a free Government," it does not guarantee a right to bear arms. The Maryland Constitution is one of the few state constitutions that lacks the equivalent of the federal Second Amendment."

You'll find it in the second paragraph of the "Declaration of Rights" section on the page below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_of_Maryland

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    no need to try and scould me over it

No need to post about what you don't know about then, eh? Don't post bad information then get butthurt when you're called out. The old 9mm SD was sold as the 9mm Tactical and it had none of the features of the Tactical - you'd be correct if you were talking about it. There's an HK tear sheet for the new Tactical 9mm somewhere which showcases the features I mention in my post, which are all features new to the 9mm, but available on the 40 and 45 Tacticals since inception.

So can I buy a threaded "o-ring" barrel now, rather than the standard threaded barrel???

Call HK and ask.

Evojoeix

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2014
    Sorry for making an honest mistake. Hopefully too many lives werent ruined

No need to be a dick

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Sorry for making an honest mistake. Hopefully too many lives werent ruined

No need to be a dick

Maybe you could have phrased your post in a more positive way.

Maybe asked about the discrepency, versus stating "fact."

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD

Ok...just called them. Apparently none of the new HKUSP9's with "o-ringed" barrels have arrived stateside yet. They should be in the next couple of days.

You will be able to purchase the "o-ringed" barrel as a part#, of course no pricing as of yet. The estimate at this time is 3-4 months until available as a part #. The rough guess on pricing was $50-60 premium on the standard threaded barrel ($239) which puts you right at $300 or so.

I think I'm going to continue waiting on the standard threaded barrel that I got for 30% off black friday...not sure I can justify the $130 price premium for an "o-ring".

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    If all you want is turn your USP into a host, the 30% off threaded barrel is fine. My USP 9SD is plenty accurate; my Expert with O-ring barrel (and different geometry) is more accurate. I wouldn't spring for the o-ring barrel alone...I will have to consider selling my SD to get a Tactical though.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    So HK finally released a USP 9mm Tactical with match trigger, o ring, and TACTICAL roll mark on Jan. 1. Does anyone know if this will have to be approved and put on the roster or since the other USPs are already on there its good to go? Also do any IPs on here plan on having any in stock sometime. Thanks for you help everyone.

Bump. ^

Any IPs submitting this for the next handgun roster meeting, and/or did anyone check with Marlene if they needed the firearm, or could just expand the list on the basis of what's already approved? Seems to be an appealing firearm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom