• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ctucker1405

Dec 27, 2010
    Owings Mills, MD
    Just wanted to drop a line and say hey. I'm new to handguns (been around shotguns and rifles most of my life), so I've been lurking for a few months. Been living in Owings Mills coming up on five years, and I am originally from Birmingham, AL.

Currently I am looking to purchase a handgun, and get into competitive shooting (hopefully). Since I had never fired a handgun, I attend the Basic Pistol class through Mid-Atlantic Firearms, and really enjoyed myself and learned a lot (and I got to pop my handgun cherry). I liked the look and feel of the Springfield XDm 9mm, so I'm focusing in on it as my first handgun purchase.

One question I do have...is it beneficial or more of a hassle purchasing your first gun from a gun show (instead of doing it in store)? There are a few coming up and I thought I might check them out.

Great site with a lot of good information.

Chris

paulstitz

Jun 19, 2010
    Cockeysville
    Just wanted to drop a line and say hey. I'm new to handguns (been around shotguns and rifles most of my life), so I've been lurking for a few months. Been living in Owings Mills coming up on five years, and I am originally from Birmingham, AL.

Currently I am looking to purchase a handgun, and get into competitive shooting (hopefully). Since I had never fired a handgun, I attend the Basic Pistol class through Mid-Atlantic Firearms, and really enjoyed myself and learned a lot (and I got to pop my handgun cherry). I liked the look and feel of the Springfield XDm 9mm, so I'm focusing in on it as my first handgun purchase.

One question I do have...is it beneficial or more of a hassle purchasing your first gun from a gun show (instead of doing it in store)? There are a few coming up and I thought I might check them out.

Great site with a lot of good information.

Chris

A handgun purchase at a show will require that you make contact with the dealer when the paper work clears MDSP. Make sure it will be easy to visit the seller later.

EWO

AGC / Monumental Member
    Jan 25, 2010
    Ellicott City MD
    Welcome. In my opinion, skip the gun show and visit one of our Industry Partners here on the forum. I can vouch that both Gun Connection and 2A Sales are top notch with excellent customer service and prices.

ctucker1405

Dec 27, 2010
    Owings Mills, MD
    WOW!
    Hi im in owings mills too, Im from Troy AL.

Its amazing how many people in this area have ties to Alabama.

Welcome. In my opinion, skip the gun show and visit one of our Industry Partners here on the forum. I can vouch that both Gun Connection and 2A Sales are top notch with excellent customer service and prices.

2A Sales is right around the corner from my office, and Bryan from Mid-Atlantic Firearms suggested them as well. I planned to check them out.
    Thanks for for the info!

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!

Please look here for lots of good information about the site:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]http://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Check in here to learn about your 2A rights and how to support them:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]http://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Take a look at the MDShooters Industry Partners section here:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]http://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

For a list of ranges look here:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=38816[/FONT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Charles of the Manor

Latest threads

Top Bottom