• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iCoder80

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 31, 2015
    [/B]

Do they really need an excuse? They can politicize anything, and want control over everything.

Nope, they don't really need an excuse. However, it will give the Mike & Mike show additional ammo on whey the MGA should take control of HPRB appointments.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I think that he should appoint someone like Jack because the MGA is going to completely remove the HPRB next year from being under the governor so they can control it (just my theory)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If enough people repeat this suggestion often enough, I'm sure they will try.

iCoder80

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 31, 2015
    They have already alluded to it.

Yes they did. Annapolis may appear to be a real fuster cluck but in my opinion it is like reality TV, not much happens that isn't scripted.

Not confirming one of Hogan's appointees was a warning shot across the bow.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Not confirming one of Hogan's appointees was a warning shot across the bow.

Maybe, but there's a valid alternative analysis that a bone was thrown to the hard-core antis by rejecting the member who was the target of the article, while in the more general case, the MGA leadership saw passing restrictions as not much more than a means to energize parts of the Party voter and donor bases in an election year.

There are some in MGA who are rabidly dogmatic about firearms, others who see GC as nothing more than a political means to an end. That second group won't expend time, funds, and political capital (arms can only be twisted so much) on legislation isn't going to help them keep or gain seats, or gain additional $ from donors.

There are plenty of non firearms-related issues that M&M can put energy into next session to position the Party for 2018, that will bring out less resistance.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    M&M wouldn't have been able to obtain, and more importantly retain, their positions if they were single-issue ideologues. Adding restrictions on lawful firearms ownership used to be low hanging fruit for gaining favor with little political risk or cost. Not anymore.

I bet most MGA members just vote they way they're told on bills they don't really care about in order to maintain their committee assignments and Party reelection support . Make more members have to think about the consequences of what they're voting on, and the leadership will find other (probably just as noxious) topics to push. M&M both know how to pick their fights and we've changed the calculus for that.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    M&M wouldn't have been able to obtain, and more importantly retain, their positions if they were single-issue ideologues. Adding restrictions on lawful firearms ownership used to be low hanging fruit for gaining favor with little political risk or cost. Not anymore.

I bet most MGA members just vote they way they're told on bills they don't really care about in order to maintain their committee assignments and Party reelection support . Make more members have to think about the consequences of what they're voting on, and the leadership will find other (probably just as noxious) topics to push. M&M both know how to pick their fights and we've changed the calculus for that.

Agreed. I think that is a good summary

Mr H

Banana'd
    Agreed. I think that is a good summary

Also agree...

I know that there are several legislators considering not running in 2018 (and a couple may retire mid-term) because we've managed to make them have to work for it.

There are plenty of non firearms-related issues that M&M can put energy into next session to position the Party for 2018, that will bring out less resistance.

I'm liking how you think ;)

I've long said that if we apply the pressure to other Conservative issues as well as 2A (something I know it's tough to do with 2A taking so much time), we can accelerate the timetables, and make some changes. But, many hands make light work, and these are things we can get ahead of starting now.

If our people get to planning this can be done. In every district, get people together to begin the effort, and divide the work up into 4 teams. Each team works on a single legislator on a variety of issues for a few weeks, then trade off. In a 4 month period, everyone has made contact with all their critters.

Ground game matters, but there is still one huge piece missing. Where do we find more Rs (or at least solidly Conservative Ds) to run for office?!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom