• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    On the bright side, if the new HPRB has not been tested yet then does that mean no one has had to appeal?

thier meetings follow a schedule. last i looked their next meeting is cancelled. i have no idea if they have even met yet.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    One of the attorneys here with an active case recently posted that he has a petition for a writ of mandamus pending in the circuit court to compel the Board to review his client's application/appeal that is more than a year old. There is plenty to do. The Board's next scheduled meeting was posted on their website for June 2.

nothing can change until they are confirmed in the next legislative session. IF they start giving out permits now there is no way in hell they will be confirmed.

Its always something. First we got a new Gov, everyone said give him time, well plenty of time has passed now and nothing has changed. Then we get a new MSP head, then we had to wait for him to be confirmed. Then it turns out is isn't going to change shit. Now we have new review board members, now we have to wait for them to be confirmed and I doubt they anything will change.

All of this nonsense would stop if Hogan and the new MSP head would just man up and do the right thing.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Now,....... you're suggesting a simple, straightforward, EASY approach to all of this.

No one in government or even here at MDS will stand for that!

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    nothing can change until they are confirmed in the next legislative session. IF they start giving out permits now there is no way in hell they will be confirmed.

Its always something. First we got a new Gov, everyone said give him time, well plenty of time has passed now and nothing has changed. Then we get a new MSP head, then we had to wait for him to be confirmed. Then it turns out is isn't going to change shit. Now we have new review board members, now we have to wait for them to be confirmed and I doubt they anything will change.

All of this nonsense would stop if Hogan and the new MSP head would just man up and do the right thing.

there is enough public information about the nominees that they wouldnt gey confirmed anyways. unless there is a plan, and an end game. maybe by the time it gets to confirmation time, the precedent will be set, and whomever finally gets confirmed will have no work to do, because msp is no longer making denials.

chess vs checkers. everyone wants to race across the board, plop their superintendent on the other side and yell "king me". chess players know you have to set your opponent up, and leave them no way to win.

unfortunately, some of us have never seen a winning match, so we dont know what it looks like when we see it. but our checkmate is coming.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co

What do you mean nothing can change until they are confirmed? They have been placed to perform the full functions of the HPRB. I do not know how the board functions, but I do know the board chairman is a holdover from O'Malley, so if it is in his power to cancel/postpone meetings, that may be a cock block strategy.

What do you mean nothing can change until they are confirmed? They have been placed to perform the full functions of the HPRB. I do not know how the board functions, but I do know the board chairman is a holdover from O'Malley, so if it is in his power to cancel/postpone meetings, that may be a cock block strategy.

If the new members start shaking things up, they will never get confirmed. If they want to get confirmed they need to stick to the status quo of denying people.

Once they are confirmed, they can do anything they want and no one can stop them until their term is over.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    If the new members start shaking things up, they will never get confirmed. If they want to get confirmed they need to stick to the status quo of denying people.

Once they are confirmed, they can do anything they want and no one can stop them until their term is over.

i seriously doubt that these 3, after looking at them, are going to uphold the status quo. there is nothing in the law, code or court precedents that says they have to stick to anything. they have almost unlimited discretion over one tiny little thing. they also have expertise in firearms and carry. there are no requirements for the appointments, so there is no basis for not confirming them.
    you can challenge a nominee over credentials or expertise for the position, and these 3 have it in spades.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co

Think why they weren't appointed during this past session? They are not in their positions now to twiddle their thumbs.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    Think why they weren't appointed during this past session? They are not in their positions now to twiddle their thumbs.

But isn't that exactly what they will be doing if as some of you think, Pallozzi will soon start handing out CCW's like Hershey bars at the end of the chocolate world tour............

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom