• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrbule

Jan 12, 2010
    I guess Hello to everybody. Jacob here from silver spring, been lurking on the forum for a long time, mostly C&R section. But have something to post about finally.
    I got the wife to agree to go out shooting today! And a big thanks to everyone at cresap for making the two tiny girls feel comfortable! After talking to a couple of the range guys they want to take the spring classes.
    For my wife it was the first time shooting and for her friend the first time shooting pistols. Now they are in love with it..... I guess ill be broke now... forever...
    I somehow changed an anti gun woman! Dont ask me how... but i did it!

wifes friend with my hi-power
    range2.jpg

wife with the cz-82
    range3.jpg

and me with the hi-power
    range1.jpg

Neither of them could hit the board let alone the paper with anything bigger than the 9x18, but they had a great time. And really settled in and seemed a lot more comfortable by the end of they day. Great Sunday it was!

mrbule

Jan 12, 2010
    thanks everybody.

thanks everybody.
    It really was nice, when i think about how 7 months ago I got a C&R and she was like whats that. to NO GUNS in the house, To No More guns. then ok guns but NO BULLETS. to wow that was fun... a quick turnaround..
    My wife is Indonesian and her friend is from Bangladesh, the first thing she was doing was sending pictures to everyone back home, and making all them jealous cause of their crazy strict gun laws.. I guess everyone is buzzing on the facebook blackberry network things or whatever they use.
    she handled the cz-82 real well, and did ok with the hi-power and the ballester molina...
    She thought she would like the polish p-64 but only put about a mag and a half through it before she had enough of that little beast.
    I guess the media does a real good job of scaring people away, because she couldnt believe how much different it looks and especially sounds from the TV and movies.
    The evil guns arent so evil anymore.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    The P64 looks friendly and small. IMHO it is not a good newbie pistol for a multitude of reasons. Although it is one of my favorite guns, I do not bother to bring it while teaching n00bs.

That is very cool you were able to educate your Mrs. from TV/movie ‘gun knowledge’ into reality. :thumbsup:

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Great story, thanks for sharing. I think many people who dislike guns would think differently if they only had a chance to shoot them and learn about gun safety. I hope Supreme Court Judge Scalia's recent trip to the range with Elena Kagan had the same effect.

JasonN3ZBO

Sep 7, 2010
    Lovettsville, VA
    I was there yesterday as a range safety officer, and while they may not have been really accurate, they both seem to have had a great time and weren't the least bit afraid to step up to the line. That's great that you were able to "convert" them to pro-gun. Best of luck to both of them on learning to shoot!

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    To the OP, have you thought about getting the two ladies training from an instructor? Someone who isn't related nor biased in any way.

PS a .22 revolver or even a semi auto pistol are great for training. the same goes for a standard sized .38 Special revolver, loaded with target ammo. You want to avoid the small frame guns. A gun with a 4" barrel, like a S&W K Frame or a similar Ruger.

P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    Congrats! My wife just retired from teaching after 29 years, so she finally has time to join me at the range. I look forward to enjoying the same kind of range time you just had!

Again, congrats! That is great news to hear!

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Welcome From Indian Head. I took my wife to the range and soon after she had to have her own revolver, so, start saving now !

rayg5102

Apr 12, 2009
    Frederick
    I'm still new at all this and I hope to be able to get my wife into it also. Lately there have been some break-ins in Linganore and since we had put our dog down a few years ago, I'm thinking that might help her motivate. I tell her she should at least understand and know how to fire the thing...after that, she might enjoy it.

Keeping fingers crossed

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom