• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    I have been researching this to SBR and suppress. I would be fine with a deposit if solid delivery dates can be provided. Cost is the deciding factor since I would either need to travel hours or have it shipped and trans. So, I am definitely interested.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    It looks like a nice product. I'd be interested depending upon final price. $250 is probably the outlet limit for what I'd spend for one. I would put down up to half of that upfront.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    I think Colt mags are the way too go on this one.. Many manufactures such as Colt, Metalform, Brownells, and ASC all make affordable and reliable magazines to support Colt pattern AR lowers and Colt pattern 9mm ARs are not going anywhere. Yes people have Glock mags, but how many of them have are 9mm or more importantly how many have 33 round mags for said 9mm Glock? In the long run you will probably still find yourself buying mags.

IMO Glock lowers are more of a novelty, and probably would be better after these lowers catch on and start making a profit. Funny thing is if the proposed lower was for a Glock pattern receiver someone would chime in "how come no Colt pattern lower".
    how can the most popular pistol, arguably ever, be a novelty. Sh!t, my grandmother has a glock 17.

Last edited:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I'd be willing to buy one and put a deposit down. I have a SBR built on a DDLES lower and love it.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    FWIW, I believe that my CMMG 9mm AR takes Colt mags. They were cheap and easy to find.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    how can the most popular pistol, arguably, ever be a novelty. Sh!t, my grandmother has a glock 17.

As it relates to AR15s it is somewhat of a novelty, I have a few guns myself and surprisingly not one of them is a Glock!

I'd be willing to buy one and put a deposit down. I have a SBR built on a DDLES lower and love it.

Me too! Since DDLES is dead we need this!!

IMG_6380
    by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    Interested especially with the clean magwell lines. Since you are playing with the magwell anyway, I would be really interested if you did one with sterling mags and used the production carrier. The roller followers are much better than colt/Uzi pattern mags.

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    I would absolutely be in, but $250 would be near tops for me as well. Come near that price and it's a done deal

ETA: I'd be willing to throw a deposit down as well

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Glock mags require mods to the carrier and a different feed ramp from what I could tell. We dont make carrier in house and would most likely have to mod existing carriers which means mods and then refinishing. It might be something we do but the carrier thing just would limit our options and drive the cost up a lot.

Great explanation, thanks!
    Totally see your reasoning now.
    Yes, I would be interested.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    I'd be interested...in one that can take a 10mm magazine. :) +1 on Glock mag. compatibility. Seriously interested when a good 10mm carbine hits the market. I'll be eventually down regardless to check out your place finally. Thanks again for the heavy lifting to free up stripped lowers.

Interesting issue with adopting glock mags.

ibanez320dx

New guy.
    Jun 2, 2013
    Rosedale
    I kinda wish I didn't buy my CMMG lower now...... I like this design a lot better than the CMMG's. Their lowers are pretty hefty with the full magwell. This definitely has my interest. As long as that price doesn't go north you have my attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom