• ...and so much more!
  • Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Welcome aboard and good luck!

BTW, FYI: Around here, "GB" stands for Glen Burnie. :D

:lol2: That is the first thing I thought! Then slowly my brain and the first cup of coffee started to work...

H&J Legacy, you are now in the Land Of Pleasant Living, here in MD. (It's an old beer ad slogan).

Join MSI, enjoy all the new friendships, and welcome.

H&J Legacy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Thanks for the warm welcome gents. A round of pint's on me if we do get to meet in person. :beer:

@ 5cary - No I didn't. Left that to my grandfather who was a full blooded colonel and saw action during the Korean War.

@ 12a10 - You should tour England again if you don't mind paying $1.82/liter of gas. That'll mean $7.28/gallon of gas. Ouch! :mad54: I lived in Hertfordshire while I was there.

@ ken792 - I'll find time to visit said museum. Thank you. Are there any museums in MD, PA or VA that houses military vehicles? Any military air shows?

@ EMS Burnout - Making a move from Howard County to Harford County. No more renting. Awesome! :D

@ E.Shell - Good to know. :thumbsup:

@ K31 - Love that movie. It's one of my favorite action flicks. Will buy me a K11 one of these days. Just need to find a collectable one.

@ ShallNotInfringe - Saw the C&R subform. Will make sure to comb it for valuable info about C&R firearms. Thank you.

@ britishjohnhall - Thank you.

Last edited:

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Hello Lads. I'm new to the forum. Moved here from Blighty. Looking to soak up on knowledge related to C&R firearms and hopefully make new friends as I indulge in this new hobby. Having come from a gunless society, i'm beginning to understand the fascination with things that go BANG! I'm already MSP HQL approved. Still contemplating the idea of filing for a C&R FFL as I want to start collecting C&R firearms. That's it for now. Very happy to be here. Cheers!

Hiya! Greetings from

<---------------

Where in MD are you?

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Welcome to the forum Sir. You should absolutely get your C&R FFL, It will be the best 30.00 spent, especially if you buy a few items a year as that will save you 30-60.00 every time as you will ship direct to your home and not have to pay dealers for a transfer.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Greetings H&J!

Your time here will be legend. As of now, you have no posts. Posts in this 'introductions' thread do not count.

Once you have, 50 posts, you will be able to view and post in 'the water cooler', that's where I predict you will spend many hours. Mark my words. :)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Welcome .also initially thought GB was Glen Burniwe .

My ancestors escaped from Britan to America 400yr ago.

For the military vehicles , especially Tanks and armoured , visit the meausium at Aberdeen Proving Ground.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    <snip>...
    @ ken792 - I'll find time to visit said museum. Thank you. Are there any museums in MD, PA or VA that houses military vehicles? Any military air shows?
    ... </snip>

Welcome to the forum and the area.

There is a great annual event coming up this month in Gettysburg with a lot of great WW2 hardware (no planes.) There is usually lots of Bren and Vickers guns to drool over.

September 19 and 20, 2015

http://www.nps.gov/eise/planyourvisit/2014-wwii-weekend.htm

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Welcome from Catonsville! Come on out the Associated Gun Clubs in Marriottsville on day! Over 30 clubs to join and a great facility for shooting of all types!

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    They did move them to Ft. Lee. I used to love going up to APG for occasional IT work and visiting the museum before I left. Got to talk to Dr. Atwater a couple of times also. Didn't think that much about it till years later when I happened to see a show on the History Channel where he came on as a military expert and I said "I know that guy!".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom