• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Looks like they are not unique:

Yeah, that one is already being discussed here, has been for a long time. I believe there are two threads dedicated to it.

ETA: here is the second and most recent of the two on Vickers and friends.

Last edited:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Time to ditch that silly NFA thing.

Black markets are indicative of artificially repressed demand. Get BATFE out of the gun business, and get back to the tax thing. They can go after revenoors, and take on taxing pot growers too; same-same.

Govt needs the tax bux. Think of the ammo sales tax jump when everybody's got a giggle switch.

LRoberts

Retired Master General El
    Oct 22, 2017
    SM County
    Looks like the Frederick Co Sheriff Chuck Jenkins and an owner of the Machine Gun nest are in some hot water with fraudulent schemes to acquire dealer sample machine guns.

I don't know how many know it, but "Thurmont" is a KKK nest.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Time to ditch that silly NFA thing.

Black markets are indicative of artificially repressed demand. Get BATFE out of the gun business, and get back to the tax thing. They can go after revenoors, and take on taxing pot growers too; same-same.

Govt needs the tax bux. Think of the ammo sales tax jump when everybody's got a giggle switch.

Think of the wailing and lamentations of the collectors who will watch the value of their 'investments' plummet. :)

Not that I mind... I don't have much use for full auto, although I've tried it a few times and it was fun. Three round burst I could certainly see being useful in a defensive situation.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

****Yes. A cashier at a well known food market in Bethesda, who happens to be Black and very congenial/friendly as I am a regular there, told me this as well. She has family there - the Black sheep in her family who everyone avoids as it’s a painful family secret that they are Dutch, and intolerant of other cultures, but are gourmet potato farmers with a 40 acre farm that has been in their family since just after the Civil war.

They have an old mule, named Bart, whose great great grandfather, dated a horse ridden by the first Black sheriff in the town of Rock Ridge, who overcame tremendous pressure and racial animus and won the hearts and minds of the people in that town, and saved it from being bought by railroad execs, apparently all Jews, who went bankrupt and ended up settling in Bethesda, MD running a gourmet food market where this cashier works selling roasted potatoes from that farm in Thurmont, which is apparently a KKK nest, though that has never been proven, and is most likely a completely baseless claim as none of the residents ever say they are in the KKK when asked, even though they only sell vanilla ice cream in their stores.

Below is a modern, digitally remastered colored picture of that town sheriff, a colored man, whose grandmother was Dutch, and whose kids settled in Thurmont, as humble potato farmers selling their potatoes and dipping sauces where the nice cashier dispenses remarkably prescient advice to customers in search of well prepared gourmet foods, lovingly made and competitively priced for the area.

All twue.

IMG_0081.jpeg

IMG_0083.jpeg

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    More like rocky ridge.

I've seen guys "in uniform" (no hoods) passing out literature a couple times in thurmont. I have friends who live between thurmont and Eburg so I am in the area regularly.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Thurmont was traditionally a hotbed of KKK activity...Middletown was one for the John Birchers. In Braddock Heights back in the '70s the Klan would hold rallies behind the old firehouse on Jefferson Blvd across the field from my home. My dad and I were at the old state police barracks at the invitation of then Barrack commander Bob Snyder and were shown the plan for keeping it peaceful. They had a diorama of Braddock showing all the places where MSP and Frederick County Sheriffs had officers stationed and ready if needed. Every intersection had a Trooper and a Deputy.

There were more newspeople and law enforcement than Klan...but they were still there in some numbers trying to drum up new membership.

At a different Klan rally in Braddock...my housemate was coming home from work and was stopped by a Klansman at the entrance to Braddock Heights at Rt. 40-A and Maryland Ave...she asked "Is this where the Four Tops concert is?" They didn't laugh.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    So, does the present-day KKK vote Democrat?

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    ****Yes. A cashier at a well known food market in Bethesda, who happens to be Black and very congenial/friendly as I am a regular there, told me this as well. She has family there - the Black sheep in her family who everyone avoids as it’s a painful family secret that they are Dutch, and intolerant of other cultures, but are gourmet potato farmers with a 40 acre farm that has been in their family since just after the Civil war.

They have an old mule, named Bart, whose great great grandfather, dated a horse ridden by the first Black sheriff in the town of Rock Ridge, who overcame tremendous pressure and racial animus and won the hearts and minds of the people in that town, and saved it from being bought by railroad execs, apparently all Jews, who went bankrupt and ended up settling in Bethesda, MD running a gourmet food market where this cashier works selling roasted potatoes from that farm in Thurmont, which is apparently a KKK nest, though that has never been proven, and is most likely a completely baseless claim as none of the residents ever say they are in the KKK when asked, even though they only sell vanilla ice cream in their stores.

Below is a modern, digitally remastered colored picture of that town sheriff, a colored man, whose grandmother was Dutch, and whose kids settled in Thurmont, as humble potato farmers selling their potatoes and dipping sauces where the nice cashier dispenses remarkably prescient advice to customers in search of well prepared gourmet foods, lovingly made and competitively priced for the area.

All twue.

View attachment 437337
    View attachment 437340
    Whatever happened to Mongo? How did he make out in the game of life?

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living

Just stay away from the dipping sauces! :rofl:

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County

Slow news global news day, so we all have to go local for the good stuff.

BTW, little known fact: "Dipping Sauce" was originally perfected by Doctors Dipping and Trumpp at their practice on Stösserstraße in Munich, Germany.

1698158986403.png

N3uka

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    College Park
    Funny how Camps Airy is in Thurmont and Camp Louise is in Cascade. Two very big Jewish children's summer camps. Definitely don't miss walking up the hill a several times a day for those that know.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Whatever happened to Mongo? How did he make out in the game of life?

*****I heard he became a pro football player and married a woman known affectionately as the "Teutonic Temptress" !!! They had several children together with a rare medical condition known to express recessive BIPOC genes! Dr. Fauci, noted man of science, was the first to discover this genetic anomaly, and discussed it at length in the late 19th century, with a young Brian Williams - who was there!

Sheriff Bart, remained a friend of the family after having saved both Mongo and the town of Rock Ridge!

Twue!!!!

312224742_10227972893855466_2889921962734924018_n.jpg
    brian1.jpg

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    They stopped doing that in the 50s.
    In-laws that bought a retirement farmlet in southern VA lived next door to an active (and not even a little shy about it) klan family. They would hold events on their property, robes and all. And then they would hold Democrat fundraising meetings and campaign for local Dem politicians, especially when there was a labor union angle involved. No, they didn't stop being (or voting for) Democrats in the 50s. Not even a little.

Last edited:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    In-laws that bought a retirement farmlet in southern VA lived next door to an active (and not even a little shy about it) klan family. They would hold events on their property, robes and all. And then they would hold Democrat fundraising meetings and campaign for local Dem politicians, especially when there was a labor union angle involved. No, they didn't stop being (or voting for) Democrats in the 50s. Not even a little.
    Most of them left the party in the late 50s and 60s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom