• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IGOR455

Oct 12, 2011
    glen burnout
    as amused as most of you are about the local gun shops, thts tuely nothing compared to the amusement provided by some of the customers. its a hoot. . i never claim to know everything but i do know some things. yes you can buy a class 3 firearm in md, at a class 3 dealerand no we arent one. the release policy is made by the owner not me so ill tell you its above my pay grade, and no im not sorry for the fact that im exempt about the handgun quall rules,i didnt make the law didnt even vote for it.
    so it looks like we both amuse each other and thats good thing. and some of the staff at some stores are truely un aware and that provides amusement to me also

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    I've been to a bunch of gun shops around the Baltimore area, so far my best experience so far has been at Duffy's. Prices are awesome, staff is knowledgable and friendly, was honestly pretty surprised, I'm used to encountering major douches at every gun store I've been to.

:thumbsup:

I've only bought ammo at Duffy's but I've always been treated well, even when they are busy, and if I have the cash and they have what I want I would have no problem buying guns from them.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Martins Grocery Store in Eldersburg has good fried chicken.

Is Farm Stores chicken better? We have a Farm Store here now too.

train-accident-at-the-gare-montparnasse-in-paris-on-22nd-october-1895.jpg

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX

train-accident-at-the-gare-montparnasse-in-paris-on-22nd-october-1895.jpg

royal farms chicken(when fresh) is my version of crack. Ive eaten it 3, sometimes 4 days in a row for lunch :eek:

jmike1487

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Went there twice, about 4 years apart, last time was about 5 or 6 years ago after they claimed "new management", will never be back. Normally shot at OT when I worked in Columbia, but one weekday after work they were too buisy, I had 2 new shooters I was introducing to the sport, Wayne was a dickhead from the start, calling my Beretta M9 crap as he bounced it off the counter, wouldn't rent 2 lanes, wouldn't allow me to help my coworker, then basically started screaming because he didn't engage the safety before loading a mag, then over something else, then he picks up my pistol with my ammo on my range time, and starts shooting the target, leaving about 1/2 a mag for my buddy to shoot, fired them once every few seconds, as the inbred kid behind the counter mumbled something about us being dumbasses, we cashed out and left, and that was it, didn't want to say my piece, didn't want to shoot anymore, just wanted to leave being those idiots pretty much made sure there would be 2 less shooters in the world and embarrassed me and themselves in the process.

Next time I was in the market for a revolver, 5 feet in the door, and saw their shelves were nearly bare, guess the chubby ninja saw me put my phone in my pocket as I got out of my car and walked in, screamed "no phones, go put it back in your car and we can try this again". basically told him to go f-himself as I walked back out, and that was that. So yea, those pole smokers are an embarrassment to the gun industry, an embarrassment to themselves, and their ******** shop,. Waynes fat kid whining about a lawsuit like a little bitch is just the latest in a line of BS miles long that has scarred MD's firerams community. I realize some still spend money there, might have caught them on a good day, might be the old "a broken clock is right twice a day", or they might be battered gunowners who simply don't know that just about anywhere else is better. I don't care if they leave, change management or whatever, as long as that place is in buisness, I won't return, and can only hope they get what has been a long time coming and close up.

I know I'm late to the party but damn. This right here hits it home with SF.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I guess what I should take away from this thread is to count my blessings for being 10mins from Freestate :D

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006

I have only ever bought the Martin's fried chicken twice. Both times, it was dry, and tough. Their rotisserie chickens are where it's at. Won't be buying the fried stuff from them again.

I tried the new Royal Farm's fried chicken a couple of months ago. It was moist & tender, and the coating was nice and crunchy.

And it was SALTY AS ALL H***. Seriously, it's like they had rolled it in salt, then the coating, then rolled it in more salt, then deep fried it and sprinkled more salt on it. Then, they looked at it and decided it wasn't salty enough, so they rolled it in salt again, then gave it to me.

If I'm ever so despondent that I choose to end it all, I won't need rope, pills, or any other cliched way of offing myself. I'll simply go to Royal Farms, order a 3-piece chicken meal, then patiently wait for my heart to explode.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I have only ever bought the Martin's fried chicken twice. Both times, it was dry, and tough. Their rotisserie chickens are where it's at. Won't be buying the fried stuff from them again.

I tried the new Royal Farm's fried chicken a couple of months ago. It was moist & tender, and the coating was nice and crunchy.

And it was SALTY AS ALL H***. Seriously, it's like they had rolled it in salt, then the coating, then rolled it in more salt, then deep fried it and sprinkled more salt on it. Then, they looked at it and decided it wasn't salty enough, so they rolled it in salt again, then gave it to me.

If I'm ever so despondent that I choose to end it all, I won't need rope, pills, or any other cliched way of offing myself. I'll simply go to Royal Farms, order a 3-piece chicken meal, then patiently wait for my heart to explode.

salty, yes. But I dont think its overdone. It must be in the seasoning before they fry it. Because Ive seen it go right from the fryer into a box and they dont sprinkle any salt on it after cooking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom